ANIME COMMUNITY PSA
5009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14
Was making my 2nd review video and ended up going on a pretty controversial tangent that's plaguing the anime community. I hope you guys enjoy the video and feel free to discuss it, or give feedback if you'd like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIZGj-KgU_Y&feature=youtu.be
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14
I completely agree with the video. It's the elitists/fanboys that are holding everyone back.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14
your favorite anime is shit
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 8/16/14

Lowlights wrote:

your favorite anime is shit


That may be so, but it's shit that smells like roses.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14

xxJing wrote:


Lowlights wrote:

your favorite anime is shit


That may be so, but it's shit that smells like roses.


roses are shit
Posted 8/16/14
It's true. It is. But honestly who cares? If I wanted to get approval from people, I'd....I'd....ummmm.....I would....

...I don't even know what I would do because "approval" from other people is way low on the list of things that matter to me in life. If someone doesn't like something, that's great. Hooray for them.

I don't like rap. I don't tell people all the time "How dare you like rap. It's terrible." Why would I do that?
I don't like red meat. I don't discredit people as people just because they do.

I don't like One Piece. I'm going to get murdered for it.

I don't think PSA's need to be made about something that is a part of everything. Anime, manga, comics, music, art, film, sports, office job gossip, school, pre-school. in utero, conception, pre-conception....It's from the start.
5009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14

AiYumega wrote:

I don't think PSA's need to be made about something that is a part of everything. Anime, manga, comics, music, art, film, sports, office job gossip, school, pre-school. in utero, conception, pre-conception....It's from the start.

I disagree pretty heavily. PSA's aren't meant to eliminate something, but to make clarity of. My goal was to convey the idea of not only respecting another person's opinion on anything that's not cruel or immoral. I mean, sure; I requested people stop being 'that guy' but in hindsight it's just a request after offering clarity to the situation for a specific community. It's no harm or foul play, and it can only serve a good purpose to those who watch it and take something constructive away from it.
Posted 8/16/14

sylvmatic wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

I don't think PSA's need to be made about something that is a part of everything. Anime, manga, comics, music, art, film, sports, office job gossip, school, pre-school. in utero, conception, pre-conception....It's from the start.


I disagree pretty heavily. PSA's aren't meant to eliminate something, but to make clarity of. My goal was to convey the idea of not only respecting another person's opinion on anything that's not cruel or immoral. I mean, sure; I requested people stop being 'that guy' but in hindsight it's just a request after offering clarity to the situation for a specific community. It's no harm or foul play, and it can only serve a good purpose to those who watch it and take something constructive away from it.


Well yeah I agree, but some things will never change.

5009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14

AiYumega wrote:


sylvmatic wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

I don't think PSA's need to be made about something that is a part of everything. Anime, manga, comics, music, art, film, sports, office job gossip, school, pre-school. in utero, conception, pre-conception....It's from the start.


I disagree pretty heavily. PSA's aren't meant to eliminate something, but to make clarity of. My goal was to convey the idea of not only respecting another person's opinion on anything that's not cruel or immoral. I mean, sure; I requested people stop being 'that guy' but in hindsight it's just a request after offering clarity to the situation for a specific community. It's no harm or foul play, and it can only serve a good purpose to those who watch it and take something constructive away from it.


Well yeah I agree, but some things will never change.


This is one of the most unfortunate truths in life T_T
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14

Lowlights wrote:

your favorite anime is shit


http://youtu.be/jxbUCSNMQTk
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
You must be logged in to post.