First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Hunter x Hunter to end on episode 148.
8259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Tokyo, Japan 20th...
Offline
Posted 8/23/14
If this is true, i'm going to cry. Like full on cry since I just picked up this series 2 weeks ago. I'm not ready for it to end D:
4 episodes is pretty quick for Gon to wake up, killua to clean up his mess with the requests and the election and such. I don't want them to rush, it'd be better if they did what they did in the chimera arc again if they could >_<
884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F
Offline
Posted 8/23/14 , edited 8/23/14
I was really hoping it wouldn't end on this arc, because
& right before
& that's a terrible way for a show to end.

I wonder if they'll continue to release OAVs like Black Butler, or if they plan on picking the series up again in a few years.
8386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/23/14
I'll rewatch the series and then cry when I realize its over.
1920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / Candyland
Offline
Posted 8/24/14
Damn.... I just started watching the Election arc after I caught up in the manga. At least I can watch the beginning til that arc. Togashi is still continuing in the manga so it's no doubt the anime will come back again. I am sure it will because Hunter x Hunter is popular.
14117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / IN
Online
Posted 8/24/14
They stated 147 is the actual "end" of the arc while 148 is more of an epilogue, so my assumption is that the last episode will leave the door open, or allude to it resuming down the line
10058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Boston, MA
Offline
Posted 8/24/14

Crow009 wrote:

Siawo wrote:

I hope they do what Magi is doing and what Fairy Tail did, go into a hiatus and avoid fillers or the slowest pacing ever...

Brakkis wrote:

I'm hoping that the anime will just pull a Fairy Tail. Catches up to the Manga but rather than hand us fillers (i.e. Bleach / Naruto) or drag the shit out of scenes and fights (i.e. One Piece) it will just stop production for a time before returning with a 'Season 2'. Fortunately it won't do what Fairy Tail did and end in the middle of a damned Arc.

It's already confirmed to be stopping so I don't know why you guys are talking about whether they'll stop or go on filler. They wouldn't go with filler or a slower pacing on this anime anyways. Fillers are made to stop the anime from catching up to the manga so it can amass more canon material. There's no reason to take the chance of fillers if the mangaka is known for taking long(sometimes years long) hiatus', they'd have to do fillers for years which isn't good for business. The only reason why Bleach and Naruto had lots of fillers is because their mangakas were putting out lots of chapters while the anime were on filler. HxH doesn't have the same primetime spot as most battle shounen though so it wouldn't really help them to drag it out on top of they would probably still catch up quite fast as Togashi is already on another hiatus.


I don't think you actually read the posts before you responded. Neither post suggested they might go with fillers. Both posts stated the hope that the anime will resume at a later period similar to how Fairy Tail resumed with Season 2 once more of the manga had been released.
30329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 8/24/14
If you're current on the manga, it's pretty easy to guess what point they're going to end on.

534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 8/24/14 , edited 8/24/14

Brakkis wrote:

I don't think you actually read the posts before you responded. Neither post suggested they might go with fillers. Both posts stated the hope that the anime will resume at a later period similar to how Fairy Tail resumed with Season 2 once more of the manga had been released.
No, I read the posts alright. Both of them stated that you guys are hoping they end it temporarily instead of going on with fillers. Both of your statements were focused more on the actual ending part rather than it coming back.

"I hope they do what Magi is doing and what Fairy Tail did, go into a hiatus and avoid fillers or the slowest pacing ever..."

"I'm hoping that the anime will just pull a Fairy Tail. Catches up to the Manga but rather than hand us fillers (i.e. Bleach / Naruto) or drag the shit out of scenes and fights (i.e. One Piece) it will just stop production"

10058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Boston, MA
Offline
Posted 8/24/14

Crow009 wrote:


Brakkis wrote:

I don't think you actually read the posts before you responded. Neither post suggested they might go with fillers. Both posts stated the hope that the anime will resume at a later period similar to how Fairy Tail resumed with Season 2 once more of the manga had been released.
No, I read the posts alright. Both of them stated that you guys are hoping they end it temporarily instead of going on with fillers. Both of your statements were focused more on the actual ending part rather than it coming back.

"I hope they do what Magi is doing and what Fairy Tail did, go into a hiatus and avoid fillers or the slowest pacing ever..."

"I'm hoping that the anime will just pull a Fairy Tail. Catches up to the Manga but rather than hand us fillers (i.e. Bleach / Naruto) or drag the shit out of scenes and fights (i.e. One Piece) it will just stop production"



No, the hope is not that they end it temporarily instead of continuing with fillers. The hope is that they end it the way they "ended" Fairy Tail. You seem to be misconstruing that, which is either because you don't understand the structure of the sentence, or you don't know how they ended Fairy Tail.

Neither post is calling in to question whether or not the series will conclude at 148 given that there is confirmation it will end at that point. The posts are questioning the possibility of a return similar to what Fairy Tail did.

-------
In case you are unaware, Fairy Tail ended during the Grand Magic Games arc. Several months later it returned after the manga had had enough time to release sufficient content to be able to continue. There was no confirmation at the time it initially ended saying it would ever return, and it's fans didn't know it would until shortly before it did.
-------
Posted 8/24/14
I never thought it would end on episode 148. I thought Hunter x Hunter would continue for a very long time. That was shorter than I expected.
Sogno- 
45756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 8/24/14
who knows when the anime will pick back up again, Togashi has already taken a few hiatuses on the manga since he started in July
11154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/24/14

4Corvus wrote:

If you're current on the manga, it's pretty easy to guess what point they're going to end on.



How is the election arc filler?
Posted 8/24/14
i started rewatching... time to cry for 30 years
19266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Disboard world of...
Offline
Posted 8/24/14 , edited 8/24/14
time to prepare for nothing to watch on tuesdays... and to lose one of my top fav animes
24279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/14

Spritle101 wrote:

I was really hoping it wouldn't end on this arc, because
& right before
& that's a terrible way for a show to end.

I wonder if they'll continue to release OAVs like Black Butler, or if they plan on picking the series up again in a few years.





yeahfootball66 wrote:

They stated 147 is the actual "end" of the arc while 148 is more of an epilogue, so my assumption is that the last episode will leave the door open, or allude to it resuming down the line


That's just Megumi's interpretation of the ending. But if Madhouse follows the manga panel for panel it would make perfect sense why she would say that.


Sogno- wrote:

who knows when the anime will pick back up again, Togashi has already taken a few hiatuses on the manga since he started in July




And we haven't gotten a new chapter since...


MarkyD73 wrote:


4Corvus wrote:

If you're current on the manga, it's pretty easy to guess what point they're going to end on.



How is the election arc filler?


It's not. It has one filler moment but thats it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.