First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Breaking Benjamin
115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/20/14
I'm cautiously optimistic. They're not the best band ever, but most of their albums so far have been good listens, Phobia being the highlight for me.
20786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/20/14
No thank you.
1386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / The Infinite Noth...
Offline
Posted 8/20/14

YAY
3259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fenix, AZ
Offline
Posted 8/20/14
Sweet, I'd like to see them live at least once.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 8/20/14
Never heard of them.
24914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/20/14
That's good to hear!
9762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 8/20/14
Oh, good. Since they weren't a band for the last five years or so, it was somewhat difficult to find their CDs. I managed to nab two way back in 2011.
Posted 8/20/14 , edited 8/20/14

Bearbudah wrote:

No thank you.


Bearbudaaaaaaaah! looool I still remember your rant on the extended discussion section... it was awesome. I think it was you who went crazzeeh on some thread about the NSA.

Nevermind, it was mookiebear... -sigh- as you were
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 8/20/14
well this just made my day
Posted 8/20/14 , edited 8/20/14
I only liked Diary of Jane by them. Still, hearing about them takes me back to when I was younger; all those emo kids with their wonky hairstyles blasting these types of groups...Good times.
Posted 8/20/14

severticas wrote:


Bearbudah wrote:

No thank you.


Bearbudaaaaaaaah! looool I still remember your rant on the extended discussion section... it was awesome. I think it was you who went crazzeeh on some thread about the NSA.

Nevermind, it was mookiebear... -sigh- as you were


Hard to keep track sometimes, eh?
Posted 8/20/14 , edited 8/20/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


severticas wrote:


Bearbudah wrote:

No thank you.


Bearbudaaaaaaaah! looool I still remember your rant on the extended discussion section... it was awesome. I think it was you who went crazzeeh on some thread about the NSA.

Nevermind, it was mookiebear... -sigh- as you were


Hard to keep track sometimes, eh?


Not really... age was iffy to begin with. I thought nah but went with it but i'm kind of ocd about double checking so it was all downwards from there T_T.
17299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prescott, AZ
Offline
Posted 8/20/14 , edited 8/20/14

Fanboyish wrote:

I've seen them before, and I'm not that enthusiastic about them.

I find it funny you say they broke up over an old song when the reality of the matter is likely more complicated.


http://banana1015.com/breaking-benjamin-guitarist-and-bassist-fired-over-blow-me-away-remix/

http://www.backstageol.com/music/breaking-benjamin-is-now-broken/

They had to stop touring back in 2010 due to complications with Ben Burnley's health (they had to before as well but never went in hiatus for it) but the nail in the coffin was when the then bass guitarist and other rhythm guitarist for the band distributed and remixed the song without the song creators' (Ben Burnley as he wrote it for his band) consent and they made money off of it. A huge legal battle happened after Ben Fired said members from the band and when the legal battle ended with Ben winning, the drummer, who was the only remaining member, left the band.

That's why nearly everyone who has kept tabs on the band waiting for them to come back has more or less hated this song as saw it as the sole reason for the bands break up.

Anywho there's some recent musical history for ya.
12705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/20/14

Rippedyanu1 wrote:


That's why nearly everyone who has kept tabs on the band waiting for them to come back has more or less hated this song as saw it as the sole reason for the bands break up.



That's the amusing part; the song isn't responsible for anything. Ben fired those members because they altered and profited from his IP without his consent, which is a good thing if entirely true. I can only wonder how they ever worked together if they lacked such a basic artistic respect for his work. And if this is all just misinformation, it's still clear to me that they can't work together.

I can see the reason to shun the specific remix said members created to spite them, but to actually be upset at the song, which your post suggested, is absurd.
17299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prescott, AZ
Offline
Posted 8/21/14

Fanboyish wrote:


Rippedyanu1 wrote:


That's why nearly everyone who has kept tabs on the band waiting for them to come back has more or less hated this song as saw it as the sole reason for the bands break up.



That's the amusing part; the song isn't responsible for anything. Ben fired those members because they altered and profited from his IP without his consent, which is a good thing if entirely true. I can only wonder how they ever worked together if they lacked such a basic artistic respect for his work. And if this is all just misinformation, it's still clear to me that they can't work together.

I can see the reason to shun the specific remix said members created to spite them, but to actually be upset at the song, which your post suggested, is absurd.


Haha I'm not upset at the song, I'm upset by what occurred from it. The song remix wasn't that good to me and I'm still much more bothered by the fact that the consequences of the song being made broke up one of my favorite bands.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.