First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
WHy are naruto fans so agressive??
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/25/14 , edited 9/1/14
The anime fandom is far worse than the Naruto.
389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
103
Offline
Posted 8/25/14 , edited 8/25/14
A bit late to the discussion, but to the OP: I wouldn't let it get to you, and I wouldn't even bother trying to convince people.

You have to keep in mind the age demographic Naruto is targeted towards. Either the guy was trolling, or judging by his terrible grammar, he was just some teen blowing his top. They won't logically read what you have to say and provide good counterpoints, they'll just tune you out and use some ad hominem like "you're just a hater" and that will be it.

And at that age, they've seen so few manga series it's not even funny. Especially if all they read are Jump titles and maybe a few that pop up on Crunchyroll. It's barely the tip of the iceberg. It's like when you read those "Top10 Best Anime" charts where the only things on it are super mainstream series, and 8/10 are from the last 5 years, etc.

I'll get flamed for this probably, but generally speaking if you're looking to speak of the critically best series manga has to offer, nothing you find in shounen or shoujo magazines is going to be on the list. The editorial control is too constricting, and the target demographic means you are heavily constrained in characterization and storytelling elements. Look to seinen magazines instead.
6231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Pasadena - City o...
Offline
Posted 8/26/14 , edited 8/26/14

Maea2016 wrote:

A bit late to the discussion, but to the OP: I wouldn't let it get to you, and I wouldn't even bother trying to convince people.

You have to keep in mind the age demographic Naruto is targeted towards. Either the guy was trolling, or judging by his terrible grammar, he was just some teen blowing his top. They won't logically read what you have to say and provide good counterpoints, they'll just tune you out and use some ad hominem like "you're just a hater" and that will be it.

And at that age, they've seen so few manga series it's not even funny. Especially if all they read are Jump titles and maybe a few that pop up on Crunchyroll. It's barely the tip of the iceberg. It's like when you read those "Top10 Best Anime" charts where the only things on it are super mainstream series, and 8/10 are from the last 5 years, etc.

I'll get flamed for this probably, but generally speaking if you're looking to speak of the critically best series manga has to offer, nothing you find in shounen or shoujo magazines is going to be on the list. The editorial control is too constricting, and the target demographic means you are heavily constrained in characterization and storytelling elements. Look to seinen magazines instead.



Hmm interesting way of looking at it.

Can you recommend me a few good Manga titles ???!
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 8/26/14 , edited 8/26/14
One guy =/= all fans.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 8/26/14 , edited 8/26/14

strawhat_adam wrote:

Hmm interesting way of looking at it.

Can you recommend me a few good Manga titles ???!


Well, if you're looking for a Shounen manga that's outside the norm, Gunslinger Girl is a nice choice. If you haven't read it already...

The demographic a work is placed in doesn't define its content and targeted age group. They're not genres or some form of rating system, but more of umbrellas. Search around, some things may surprise you.
24915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/26/14
I find that hard to believe. Not saying you're lying but it's just that I've been keeping up with Naruto consistently for years and nowadays it's generally considered a disappointment for it's recent lackluster and plothole-ridden climactic arc. In fact, in my experience I'd say One Piece fans are the absolute worst. You either came across a hyper-fanatic or someone on a bad day but I assure you Naruto fans in general are not like that. That's excessive even compared to the stubborn ones I've come across.
867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ihlok
Offline
Posted 8/26/14

hyjinx17 wrote:

You do realize that the word fan comes from Fanatic yes?

Everything popular has these people and saying they are representative of the entire group of people who like said thing is absurd.


totally agree with you.

389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
103
Offline
Posted 8/26/14

Shrapnel893 wrote:

Well, if you're looking for a Shounen manga that's outside the norm, Gunslinger Girl is a nice choice. If you haven't read it already...

The demographic a work is placed in doesn't define its content and targeted age group. They're not genres or some form of rating system, but more of umbrellas. Search around, some things may surprise you.


I'm not saying there aren't still good series in shounen mags, of course. But generally those that try to break the norm, or feel really seinen, tend to fail and get canned early.
58481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/14
Most anime/manga fans can't take criticism of their favourite show. Just watch any of the animes here on Crunchyroll. Any "negative" opinion about the show will get thousand fanboys crying like little girls. It's rather hilarious.

If I were you, I'd ignore the fanboys comments and continue being different and giving feedback. You rock. Most anime watchers don't. The end.
54605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 米国
Offline
Posted 8/26/14 , edited 8/26/14
I used to like Naruto until the series decided to go down hell (My opinion so don't attack me) and a few people in the fan base but the show still decent though and I know that not all the Naruto fans are like that.

I Personality don't go around saying that Naruto sucks or anything that, my recommendation for you is simple: be careful with who you talk with, because in the internet there's always going to be someone that is gonna get hurt or annoying with your comment ;)

-Mastergold
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 8/26/14

Maea2016 wrote:

I'm not saying there aren't still good series in shounen mags, of course. But generally those that try to break the norm, or feel really seinen, tend to fail and get canned early.


I get ya.
431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/26/14

Huh. I'm either aggressive because I like the Naruto series, because I like Bleach, and/or because I enjoy the Shounen genre? How lovely. (sarcasm)

Assholes will be assholes, regardless of their tastes. Targeting fanbases on the premise that the individuals that constitute them "must all be the same" isn't pleasant, either.


Okay so I haven't posted in over a year, but this is just funny. A person posted a message stating they'd rather not be generalized as being aggressive and immature for happening to like a fanbase. You could almost call this thread reverse-bashing. This guy has better language, by far, than the poster, and you're trying to group them with the little base of immature twelve year old boys that roam YouTube? Wow.
4025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/14 , edited 8/26/14

strawhat_adam wrote:


SunkistElemental wrote:

Agreed. I don't think any fanbase could ever be as bad as the Naruto fanbase. I would have to disagree on the series that they would cling to though. Chances are when Naruto and Bleach come to a close, a new shonen that will take 700 episodes will spring up.I don't see them clinging to anything else really.




and also another thing i've noticed is these Naruto fans always bash on the One Piece fanbase, unprovoked.

you would think these shonen only watchers would actually enjoy One Piece. or any shonen, the more shonen the better you would think but know like you said they cling on to 2, then just spout hate on any other show in general.

I also noticed if you ever asked a Naruto fan why Naruto is better than One Piece they have the same argument:

"Because Naruto has better powers, one piece has a guy that is made of rubber."

that's the argument i've come across most.

do people really measure the greatness of an anime based of it's FIGHTs and concepts of POWERS???



You don't seem to look around that much because on youtube, especially on anime reviews One Piece are very aggressive in the way they talk about others series, particularly naruto. As well as saying "One Piece is the best" in a video in no way related to one piece, that's why I just went away from that.

So as a Naruto fan I'd appreciate it if u didn't just generalise, when I could make the same generalisation about one piece

4025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/14

strawhat_adam wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

Huh. I'm either aggressive because I like the Naruto series, because I like Bleach, and/or because I enjoy the Shounen genre? How lovely. (sarcasm)

Assholes will be assholes, regardless of their tastes. Targeting fanbases on the premise that the individuals that constitute them "must all be the same" isn't pleasant, either.



I didn't call you out individually, see how aggressively you took it? lol
I didn't have to say most or some fans, i was speaking in general, you know.


Even you as a Naruto fan know that most of the Fanbase is like the guy that i quoted in my OP.

I'm a One Piece fan and even i admit we got pople like this, but not the extent that i've seen Naruto Fans.

and many others would agree.


You say that because naruto has a bigger fanbase than one piece, but youtube is where one piece fanatics flood and love to hate, I don't particularly see any one piece hate, but a lot of naruto hate, so because in the west naruto is a lot more popular, you may see big amount, but there are probably just as many one piece or more fanatics, so the ratio for fanatics is probably more on one piece than naruto

4025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/14

strawhat_adam wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

Huh. I'm either aggressive because I like the Naruto series, because I like Bleach, and/or because I enjoy the Shounen genre? How lovely. (sarcasm)

Assholes will be assholes, regardless of their tastes. Targeting fanbases on the premise that the individuals that constitute them "must all be the same" isn't pleasant, either.



I didn't call you out individually, see how aggressively you took it? lol
I didn't have to say most or some fans, i was speaking in general, you know.


Even you as a Naruto fan know that most of the Fanbase is like the guy that i quoted in my OP.

I'm a One Piece fan and even i admit we got pople like this, but not the extent that i've seen Naruto Fans.

and many others would agree.


You say that because naruto has a bigger fanbase than one piece, but youtube is where one piece fanatics flood and love to hate, I don't particularly see any one piece hate, but a lot of naruto hate, so because in the west naruto is a lot more popular, you may see big amount, but there are probably just as many one piece or more fanatics, so the ratio for fanatics is probably more on one piece than naruto

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.