First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Seraph of the End (Season 1 and 2) Discussion
215229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 3/15/15 , edited 3/15/15

iceman009 wrote:


I never read the LN only the manga is there really a difference between the two? And why won't he supervise the final episode? O.o Thats a bit weird to me. I'm more then happy the creators are involved with the anime that alone makes me even more hyped!


I've only read the first chapter of the LN so it's very hard to tell but in general, it has extra dialogue and descriptive narratives.

Not sure about the revision part of the final episode. It could be something anime original since the manga might not have enough material to adapt a split 2 cour show.
Posted 3/15/15

Bashment wrote:

Every anime ive seen with vampires sucked. even hell sing sucked to me. This anime should be good at the same time i wish it was something else besides vampires.


Even Shiki?
69864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Haven,CT
Offline
Posted 3/15/15

stark700 wrote:


iceman009 wrote:


I never read the LN only the manga is there really a difference between the two? And why won't he supervise the final episode? O.o Thats a bit weird to me. I'm more then happy the creators are involved with the anime that alone makes me even more hyped!


I've only read the first chapter of the LN so it's very hard to tell but in general, it has extra dialogue and descriptive narratives.

Not sure about the revision part of the final episode. It could be something anime original since the manga might not have enough material to adapt a split 2 cour show.


hmm i find that weird the manga has enough material for a 2 cour show though (I can be easily wrong) it seems i'm all caught up with it. Guess we'll wait and see it'll be interesting regardless.
24263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/15 , edited 3/15/15
WIT Studio? Okay, now you have my attention...
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/15/15 , edited 3/16/15

stark700 wrote:

New casts:

Sayuri Hanayori: Atsumi Tanezaki
Shigura Yukimi: Yui Ishikawa
Norito Goshi: Daisuke Ono
Mito Jujo: Yu Shimamura

Interesting little note from the article on ANN:


The website also announced that the original manga's writer, Takaya Kagami, is personally drafting the original story for story episodes not yet serialized in the manga version. He is also supervising all aspects of the scripts until the anime's 24th and final episode.

The website added that Hiroshi Seko (episode scripts for Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Attack on Titan, Terror in Resonance), the writer credited with series script composition, is personally writing every episode's script himself, with no other scriptwriter in the credits. Seko also wrote the Attack on Titan: Lost Girls novel.


http://owarino-seraph.jp/news/index.html#news_user_contents2
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-15/seraph-of-the-end-additional-cast-creator-direct-involvement-revealed/.85991

.............

Basically, the series will be based on the manga rather than LN from what I can understand.


This is interesting, I wonder what will happen in the last episode? I doubt they'd be an anime original ending since they'd have to start way earlier before just the last episode unless it does something lolworthy. My guess is that the last episode will be easy to follow and his supervision up until then will have let the staff and crew know the direction he wants it in? I don't know lol.

The bold makes me feel good because it sounds like this is all stuff that will be in the manga at some point, it's just that the anime will be neck and neck with the manga.

So it sounds like to me that the anime will go further than the manga but it seems like it's stuff that he's already written out for the manga, just not published yet. What gets me is that by the time the second cour comes along the manga will be past 33 chapters which is how much AoT adapted. My guess is that he had to give them his notes now so Wit would know what to do from the get-go.

Seems like the anime will end at the end of the current arc of the manga, so I think the chances of an anime original end are pretty low for this one, but of course there's always a possibility.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/17/15 , edited 3/17/15
Alright to get a jump on the hype hate, what do you manga readers think haters will hate on most in this series?

My guess is that they'll first say that it's an Attack on Titan ripoff with vampires. Then they'll probably say that Yuu is an Eren rehash
85890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/17/15
Does it matter if they hate?

That's what people do.

Especially if fans are all up in others faces about how great it is.

It's what hurt my experience a bit with AoT.

Although Eren was the most hurtful of the experience. Which was still an 8.0-8.5.
1344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/15 , edited 3/17/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Alright to get a jump on the hype hate, what do you manga readers think haters will hate on most in this series?

My guess is that they'll first say that it's an Attack on Titan ripoff with vampires. Then they'll probably say that Yuu is an Eren rehash


63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/17/15 , edited 3/17/15

BlazingRagnarok wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Alright to get a jump on the hype hate, what do you manga readers think haters will hate on most in this series?

My guess is that they'll first say that it's an Attack on Titan ripoff with vampires. Then they'll probably say that Yuu is an Eren rehash




That is true, but I was more saying that....
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/17/15 , edited 3/17/15

LionelJeid wrote:

Does it matter if they hate?

That's what people do.

Especially if fans are all up in others faces about how great it is.

It's what hurt my experience a bit with AoT.

Although Eren was the most hurtful of the experience. Which was still an 8.0-8.5.


Nah it doesn't matter, but after being a few other the threads (SAO and Aldnoah), it just got me curious what would people complain about. Elitists aren't good either, but blind haters I'd say are far worse.
85890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/17/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Nah it doesn't matter, but after being a few other the threads (SAO and Aldnoah), it just got me curious what would people complain about. Elitists aren't good either, but blind haters I'd say are far worse.


It's like picking between a sharp stick in the eye or an arrow to the knee.
LokiLB 
41560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/17/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Alright to get a jump on the hype hate, what do you manga readers think haters will hate on most in this series?

My guess is that they'll first say that it's an Attack on Titan ripoff with vampires. Then they'll probably say that Yuu is an Eren rehash


It reminds me more of an early days of Trinity Blood more than Attack on Titan.

LokiLB 
41560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/17/15

LionelJeid wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Nah it doesn't matter, but after being a few other the threads (SAO and Aldnoah), it just got me curious what would people complain about. Elitists aren't good either, but blind haters I'd say are far worse.


It's like picking between a sharp stick in the eye or an arrow to the knee.


Knee replacements are easier than eye replacements.
And knee replacements won't start eating your brain if you use them too much.
85890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/17/15

LokiLB wrote:

Knee replacements are easier than eye replacements.
And knee replacements won't start eating your brain if you use them too much.


I didn't say which was which, to be fair...
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/17/15 , edited 3/17/15

LokiLB wrote:

It reminds me more of an early days of Trinity Blood more than Attack on Titan.



Hmmm alright, I'l keep this in mind when it's airing. I more or less just want to know what people don't like about it because I haven't heard too much criticism of it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.