First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Have you ever loved an anime so much that you just won't finish it?
4736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/29/14
Yup. I still have Squid Girl on hold and it's been a month.
1920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / Candyland
Offline
Posted 8/29/14
I have. Sora no Woto. I still need 3 more episodes to finish (counting the bonus episodes) I wish the series is longer and feel there is still so much more to tell. The manga isn't very good from what I hear but you know.


SoldierSangria wrote:
And I truly wish I had not watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion. Fuck that movie and may it die.



Ugh, same here. The anime series is good but the movie's ending....
4327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 8/29/14 , edited 8/29/14
That hasn't happened to me yet no, but If I really love a anime/ manga and its coming to an end, I tend to completely slow down. I wanna know the ending but I don't want it to end either. Really sucks.
Posted 8/29/14

DekerTheChef wrote:

I'm currently watching the second season of Spice and Wolf. I found myself re-watching particular episodes just to cherish good memories. It makes me depressed that there are only 4 episodes left of this season so I can't bring myself to watch the rest. However, I'll have the light novels I guess. So, your opinions?



AAAH so good to know that I'm not the only one who does this!! Sometimes I just can't bring myself to watch the last episode...I think my mind needs a moment to digest the fact that it is ending >__< XD or maybe I didn't like the way it was heading....I don't do it with all the anime I like but there are some series I never saw the ending for whatever reason and I loved them, Lovely Complex is one of them.

4640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 8/29/14
I do that too. But only with the newest animes that are airing. I'm really not looking forward to seeing it end.
50359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 8/29/14
There's always hope that an anime will return, in some form or another. While there are many that I'm disappointed that they were over, I've never been too broken up about it. Books, on the other hand, once finished are usually gone for good. Especially if the author dies; nobody is going to continue a finished series. Case and point - The Wheel of Time. I was SO disappointed when, after waiting a year and a half for the next book, I found out the author died fortunately the final book was practically finished in the form of notes and his son and another author finished it. But there will never again be a story of Rand al'Thor
29968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/29/14
Not really. Maybe in similar, I try to savor it and watch maybe an episode every other day.
18050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 8/29/14

SoldierSangria wrote:

If I truly love an anime or manga, I will of course want to finish it.

Because I love it, and want to see how it ends.

Sometimes this backfires though. I enjoyed reading Ranma 1/2; got to the final chapter and found out I had wasted my time - the ending FUCKING SUCKS! And I truly wish I had not watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion. Fuck that movie and may it die.




What did you expect Ranma to end?

You want the explicit details of their bed scenes together?
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 8/29/14
Hmm, not really.


Why not finish something you love?
Posted 8/29/14

onibrotonel wrote:

What did you expect Ranma to end?

You want the explicit details of their bed scenes together?


What kind of idiotic reply is this?

Since Ranma 1/2 is a romantic comedy series, I wanted it to end with Ranma/Akane. The mangaka, Rumiko Takehashi went all the way up to the wedding between them - which was fine. But what ruined the entire series was coming so far up to the wedding, and the solving of the curse, only to have a really badly placed hijink happen, and not end the series that way whatsoever.

What was the need to cancel the wedding at the last pages of the entire run of the series after all that time the readers spent reading it?

There was no need for "explicit bed scenes" that you so snarkily mentioned; but there was no need to end the series the way she did, it ruined the entire manga.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/29/14
No. All things must come to an end. That which doesn't end is unnatural. Like me.
18050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 8/29/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


onibrotonel wrote:

What did you expect Ranma to end?

You want the explicit details of their bed scenes together?


What kind of idiotic reply is this?

Since Ranma 1/2 is a romantic comedy series, I wanted it to end with Ranma/Akane. The mangaka, Rumiko Takehashi went all the way up to the wedding between them - which was fine. But what ruined the entire series was coming so far up to the wedding, and the solving of the curse, only to have a really badly placed hijink happen, and not end the series that way whatsoever.

What was the need to cancel the wedding at the last pages of the entire run of the series after all that time the readers spent reading it?

There was no need for "explicit bed scenes" that you so snarkily mentioned; but there was no need to end the series the way she did, it ruined the entire manga.


For you, it's ruined. Two tears in a bucket. Buck up sissy pants.

The author just left it open ended. She mentioned that at the very end. How much freedom of control do you think a mangaka has? Probably less than you think.
20940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/29/14 , edited 8/29/14
Fuu yeah! Bakemonogatary series, I was like you know what? Let’s wait the Blu ray. Those some TV transmissions cut content from the anime like 60% of the time.

So there a bunch of titles I wait they came out on Blu-ray so I can enjoy uncut content. and that's a good time after the the simulcast is over.


5213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/29/14 , edited 8/29/14
Yeah, I became so passionate of Fairy Tail that i'd only watch 2 episodes a week and I started to cry of happiness every epsiode when a moment or the sad ost came on.
21324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / seattle
Offline
Posted 8/29/14

summershello wrote:

Yeah, I became so passionate of Fairy Tail that i'd only watch 2 episodes a week and I started to cry of happiness every epsiode when a moment or the sad ost came on.


I know whatcha mean

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.