First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply School Days
31080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/14
This anime can get you into it. even though makoto is in fact a huge d-bag through the entire series it is a very interesting and real feeling anime...This can happen in real life people and probably have happened to people. Its how a lot of teenagers are to be honest. This series can mess with your emotions, but i enjoyed i recommend to everyone, but people don't end up like makoto.

This a review i wrote a while back
643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / To the left. Not...
Offline
Posted 8/28/14 , edited 8/28/14

GoSickSilver wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

do ppl who complain about him are actually faithful themselves? and never been unfaithful in their life?
I find that hard to believe for some reason.

he isn't the idealized main male character in a shoujo, which is why I like it. it's like a parody of the shoujo animes out there with perfect boyfriends and what not. real life is different.


you have a hell of a point but don't you believe he took everything way to far? I mean yeah we all had our "unfaithful" moments in our lives and im not saying im perfect but ill be damned if I ever see someone going round like that dude doing that to perfectly innocent girls lol


Just gonna leave this here...



3571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/14

raciel218 wrote:


Just gonna leave this here...





Well played!
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 8/28/14 , edited 8/28/14
Was I mad? Definitely not. I went into School Days expecting the worst and I got the worst. I was completely satisfied. I finished it this summer btw.

Makoto is a scumbag. No other way around it. He's a completely terrible person and deserved to get killed. Fuck him, he deserved to every knife stab he got. But the girls were not innocent whatsoever, they were all just as bad as him. Sekai's death was also refreshing because he was a horrible person as well. Sure death is the extreme, but the world would be a better place without them.

But another thing to point out about School Days is that it's not reality. This is cheating to the extreme. The situations that happened probably would never happen in real life because any girl with common sense wouldn't throw their body at the douchebag that is Makoto, unless they were a total slut.

School Days is a deconstruction of the high school harem genre. It shows what happens when an "innocent" high harem school goes completely overboard and that's why I like School Days. It had a lot of balls to do what it did and I think people look at this anime the wrong way. This isn't suppose to be happy and nice story, it's suppose to show what happens when things go completely to the darkside and when everything goes wrong, and I mean everything.

There's no resolve or fortitude here, there's only pain and suffering with no solution and that's what makes School Days an experience unlike anything else for better and for worse.
40313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 8/28/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Was I mad? Definitely not. I went into School Days expecting the worst and I got the worst. I was completely satisfied. I finished it this summer btw.

Makoto is a scumbag. No other way around it. He's a completely terrible person and deserved to get killed. Fuck him, he deserved to every knife stab he got. But the girls were not innocent whatsoever, they were all just as bad as him. Sekai's death was also refreshing because he was a horrible person as well. Sure death is the extreme, but the world would be a better place without them.

But another thing to point out about School Days is that it's not reality. This is cheating to the extreme. The situations that happened probably would never happen in real life because any girl with common sense wouldn't throw their body at the douchebag that is Makoto, unless they were a total slut.

School Days is a deconstruction of the high school harem genre. It shows what happens when an "innocent" high harem school goes completely overboard and that's why I like School Days. It had a lot of balls to do what it did and I think people look at this anime the wrong way. This isn't suppose to be happy and nice story, it's suppose to show what happens when things go completely to the darkside and when everything goes wrong.


Loomy...lmao

Nevermind. It's late.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 8/28/14 , edited 8/28/14

GoldTStar wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Was I mad? Definitely not. I went into School Days expecting the worst and I got the worst. I was completely satisfied. I finished it this summer btw.

Makoto is a scumbag. No other way around it. He's a completely terrible person and deserved to get killed. Fuck him, he deserved to every knife stab he got. But the girls were not innocent whatsoever, they were all just as bad as him. Sekai's death was also refreshing because he was a horrible person as well. Sure death is the extreme, but the world would be a better place without them.

But another thing to point out about School Days is that it's not reality. This is cheating to the extreme. The situations that happened probably would never happen in real life because any girl with common sense wouldn't throw their body at the douchebag that is Makoto, unless they were a total slut.

School Days is a deconstruction of the high school harem genre. It shows what happens when an "innocent" high harem school goes completely overboard and that's why I like School Days. It had a lot of balls to do what it did and I think people look at this anime the wrong way. This isn't suppose to be happy and nice story, it's suppose to show what happens when things go completely to the darkside and when everything goes wrong.


Loomy...lmao

Nevermind. It's late.


Where am I wrong here?

EDIT: Unless maybe you're agreeing with me/just laughing at my statements lol. I don't know, over the internet it's hard to read people's tones (it's a skill I'm trying to work on )
40313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 8/28/14 , edited 8/28/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Was I mad? Definitely not. I went into School Days expecting the worst and I got the worst. I was completely satisfied. I finished it this summer btw.

Makoto is a scumbag. No other way around it. He's a completely terrible person and deserved to get killed. Fuck him, he deserved to every knife stab he got. But the girls were not innocent whatsoever, they were all just as bad as him. Sekai's death was also refreshing because he was a horrible person as well. Sure death is the extreme, but the world would be a better place without them.

But another thing to point out about School Days is that it's not reality. This is cheating to the extreme. The situations that happened probably would never happen in real life because any girl with common sense wouldn't throw their body at the douchebag that is Makoto, unless they were a total slut.

School Days is a deconstruction of the high school harem genre. It shows what happens when an "innocent" high harem school goes completely overboard and that's why I like School Days. It had a lot of balls to do what it did and I think people look at this anime the wrong way. This isn't suppose to be happy and nice story, it's suppose to show what happens when things go completely to the darkside and when everything goes wrong.


Loomy...lmao

Nevermind. It's late.


Where am I wrong here?

EDIT: Unless maybe you're agreeing with me/just laughing at my statements lol. I don't know, over the internet it's hard to read people's tones (it's a skill I'm trying to work on )


I'll just keep it brief.

1. He is not completely terrible or deserves to be killed. That's preposterous. When does being a horny, selfish teenager validate your death? I especially love how people fail to mention his best friend who violates Kotonoha.

2. Sekai death wasn't refreshing. It was sad just like Makoto. They both made very bad decisions.

3. Things like this do happen in real life. If a girl was in love with a man, there are times when she would throw herself at him, regardless of his actions.

4. SCHOOL DAYS IS NOT A "DECONSTRUCTION" OF THE HAREM GENRE. I cannot stand when people use that word for an anime like this. It does not set out to prove something or show something to contrast a show of a similar genre. It is what it is.

Pretty much that.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 8/28/14 , edited 8/28/14

GoldTStar wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Was I mad? Definitely not. I went into School Days expecting the worst and I got the worst. I was completely satisfied. I finished it this summer btw.

Makoto is a scumbag. No other way around it. He's a completely terrible person and deserved to get killed. Fuck him, he deserved to every knife stab he got. But the girls were not innocent whatsoever, they were all just as bad as him. Sekai's death was also refreshing because he was a horrible person as well. Sure death is the extreme, but the world would be a better place without them.

But another thing to point out about School Days is that it's not reality. This is cheating to the extreme. The situations that happened probably would never happen in real life because any girl with common sense wouldn't throw their body at the douchebag that is Makoto, unless they were a total slut.

School Days is a deconstruction of the high school harem genre. It shows what happens when an "innocent" high harem school goes completely overboard and that's why I like School Days. It had a lot of balls to do what it did and I think people look at this anime the wrong way. This isn't suppose to be happy and nice story, it's suppose to show what happens when things go completely to the darkside and when everything goes wrong.


Loomy...lmao

Nevermind. It's late.


Where am I wrong here?

EDIT: Unless maybe you're agreeing with me/just laughing at my statements lol. I don't know, over the internet it's hard to read people's tones (it's a skill I'm trying to work on )


I'll just keep it brief.

1. He is not completely terrible or deserves to be killed. That's preposterous. When does being a horny, selfish teenager validate your death? I especially love how people fail to mention his best friend who violates Kotonoha.

2. Sekai death wasn't refreshing. It was sad just like Makoto. They both made very bad decisions.

3. Things like this do happen in real life. If a girl was in love with a man, there are times when she would throw herself at him, regardless of his actions.

4. SCHOOL DAYS IS NOT A "DECONSTRUCTION" OF THE HAREM GENRE. I cannot stand when people use that word for an anime like this. It does not set out to prove something or show something to contrast a show of a similar genre. It is what it is.

Pretty much that.


1. Oh my lord. Are you seriously going to defend him? I will say it again: he is the scum of the earth. I don't care if he's a horny teenager, every teenager is pretty damn horny but there's something called respect and decency, and Makoto has none of it. He's a horrible person. He used every girl that was around him, was terrible to his friends, and treated everyone like tools. And worst of all, he tried to deny that his kid wasn't his, WHEN IT OBVIOUSLY WAS. And then he tried to put the blame on Sekaki? Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. This isn't just simply selfishness, this is a lack of humanity. Ya, don't even try to defend him.

And trust me, the friend was a scumbag as well. Every character in this show were scumbags.

2. This comes down opinions then. They all had it coming, considering the situation they were in and what they were doing to each other. What Makoto did to Sekai at the end there would cause any human being to snap. I felt zero ounce of sympathy for Makoto or Sekai. Seriously, good fucking reddens.

3. Cheating happens in real life, but not to this extent. Considering that all the character knew they were all using and cheating with each other is just too much. That shit doesn't happen, I'm sorry. If you're going to tell me that a well mannered girl is going throw all her ideals out the window to have sex with one guy who's already screwed almost every other girl in the school, including all her friends, (she knows all of this for the record) is just insane. No one would do that except for a slut and scumbag. Plain and simple. This isn't some one-night stand, all the characters knew exactly what was going on and yet they still betrayed their friends and themselves. A normal teenager would not do this or anyone with common fucking sense. This is an overexaggeration of cheating, this is not what happens in reality, AT ALL.

4. Um yes it is. It does set to prove something and that's that the high school harem genre is a FUCKING MYTH! It can never happen and it would never be as happy as it is portrayed in most animes. It takes the high school harem genre and smashes it with a monkey wrench. It is entirely a deconstruction, how can you say it isn't!? That's crazy! This shows how a high school harem goes wrong, just like how Madoka Magica showed what happens when Magical Girls goes wrong. Same fucking thing.

That's like saying that Evnagelion isn't a deconstruction. You can't just say, "it is what is." That's sooooo arbitrary.

EDIT:

This is from Webster dictionary:

the analytic examination of something (as a theory) often in order to reveal its inadequacy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deconstruction

Proves my point right there. School Days is a deconstruction, through and through. It had all the elements of a high school harem and showed why the idea of a high school harem is inadequate.
52863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 8/28/14
No way...there is a school days debate b/w loomy and gold....Must not jump in
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/14
i wanted to kill the guy, but i just felt bad for the girl (the long haired one, i dont remember her name)
27281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/14 , edited 8/28/14
School Days is right up there on my list with Clannad/ romance types, since they both take different approaches. No ridiculously dense male leads and scenarios were they act all shy and keep their feelings hidden well into their 2nd-3rd year in highschool, I expect this from girls, not guys. Too many goody good two shoe characters out there it's sickening and I've been watching anime for almost 2 years now and now noticing a horrible pattern. Another show that takes it a little differently is Say I love You, another great show with characters.

There are plenty of guys like Makoto out there, cheating and sleeping around left and right, it's about time we have a show like this and then he comes to terms at the end. It was more of phase with him, he's a crazy horny guy. Also since the show is based off of a game they could've chose many other happy endings and those would've sufficed with me as well.
35013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/29/14 , edited 8/29/14
I wanna play, too!


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

1. Oh my lord. Are you seriously going to defend him? I will say it again: he is the scum of the earth. I don't care if he's a horny teenager, every teenager is pretty damn horny but there's something called respect and decency, and Makoto has none of it. He's a horrible person. He used every girl that was around him, was terrible to his friends, and treated everyone like tools. And worst of all, he tried to deny that his kid wasn't his, WHEN IT OBVIOUSLY WAS. And then he tried to put the blame on Sekaki? Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. This isn't just simply selfishness, this is a lack of humanity. Ya, don't even try to defend him.


Yes, Makoto Itou was completely out of control and what he did was unjustifiable. But that's not really the root of the issue, is it? The root of the issue is that Itou was a foolish child with no guidance. Have you noticed that parental figures and teachers are nigh non-existent in School Days? Itou was experiencing strange, new feelings and desires he didn't completely understand, and he didn't have anyone teaching him about how to be decent and respectful to women and girls. He didn't have anyone to steer him toward taking responsibility for what he'd been doing either. So Itou did what foolish children without guidance or role models do: he made a complete ass of himself.

That's not a justification or vindication, merely a rationalization. Still, even despite the fact that Itou was the villain of this work he got a stiffer penalty than he should've.


And trust me, the friend was a scumbag as well. Every character in this show were scumbags.


Setsuna seemed to have her head on straight, and Kotonoha should get a little slack considering she's mentally ill. She had completely lost her connection to reality by the time she killed Sekai. Poor girl.


2. This comes down opinions then. They all had it coming, considering the situation they were in and what they were doing to each other. What Makoto did to Sekai at the end there would cause any human being to snap. I felt zero ounce of sympathy for Makoto or Sekai. Seriously, good fucking reddens.


Actually, Sekai had the same thing as Itou going on: she was a foolish child with no parental guidance. The feelings were different, but in the end the rationale explaining why she did what she did is the same. It's a real pity, too. She felt guilty for what she'd been doing behind Kotonoha's back, so she's more redeemable than Itou. She just didn't have the proper guidance, and it cost her her life. Poor Sekai, she actually cared that she was hurting people.


3. Cheating happens in real life, but not to this extent. Considering that all the character knew they were all using and cheating with each other is just too much. That shit doesn't happen, I'm sorry. If you're going to tell me that a well mannered girl is going throw all her ideals out the window to have sex with one guy who's already screwed almost every other girl in the school, including all her friends, (she knows all of this for the record) is just insane. No one would do that except for a slut and scumbag. Plain and simple. This isn't some one-night stand, all the characters knew exactly what was going on and yet they still betrayed their friends and themselves. A normal teenager would not do this or anyone with common fucking sense. This is an overexaggeration of cheating, this is not what happens in reality, AT ALL.


It wasn't the sex that Sekai wanted, though. It was Itou himself. Sekai wanted a happy romantic relationship with Itou, and she thought that the only way to get that was to let him have sex with her. At first she tried to set him up with Kotonoha because that's what she thought he wanted and she wanted him to be happy, but she couldn't follow through and decided to try to take him for herself once it became clear that Itou's relationship with Kotonoha was failing.


4. Um yes it is. It does set to prove something and that's that the high school harem genre is a FUCKING MYTH! It can never happen and it would never be as happy as it is portrayed in most animes. It takes the high school harem genre and smashes it with a monkey wrench. It is entirely a deconstruction, how can you say it isn't!? That's crazy! This shows how a high school harem goes wrong, just like how Madoka Magica showed what happens when Magical Girls goes wrong. Same fucking thing.

That's like saying that Evnagelion isn't a deconstruction. You can't just say, "it is what is." That's sooooo arbitrary.


Maybe it is a deconstruction, but I'm more prone to think it's simply that the source material was a dark visual novel and the anime's production team decided to go with one of its more colorful tracks to make the show stand out more. I buy Evangelion being a deconstruction, and I buy Madoka Magica being one. I might even buy School Days, but I think Gold's probably right in that the intention to deconstruct wasn't there. The production team probably just went for one of the flashy bad endings in the visual novel they were adapting.
40313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 8/29/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

1. Oh my lord. Are you seriously going to defend him? I will say it again: he is the scum of the earth. I don't care if he's a horny teenager, every teenager is pretty damn horny but there's something called respect and decency, and Makoto has none of it. He's a horrible person. He used every girl that was around him, was terrible to his friends, and treated everyone like tools. And worst of all, he tried to deny that his kid wasn't his, WHEN IT OBVIOUSLY WAS. And then he tried to put the blame on Sekaki? Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. This isn't just simply selfishness, this is a lack of humanity. Ya, don't even try to defend him.

And trust me, the friend was a scumbag as well. Every character in this show were scumbags.

2. This comes down opinions then. They all had it coming, considering the situation they were in and what they were doing to each other. What Makoto did to Sekai at the end there would cause any human being to snap. I felt zero ounce of sympathy for Makoto or Sekai. Seriously, good fucking reddens.

3. Cheating happens in real life, but not to this extent. Considering that all the character knew they were all using and cheating with each other is just too much. That shit doesn't happen, I'm sorry. If you're going to tell me that a well mannered girl is going throw all her ideals out the window to have sex with one guy who's already screwed almost every other girl in the school, including all her friends, (she knows all of this for the record) is just insane. No one would do that except for a slut and scumbag. Plain and simple. This isn't some one-night stand, all the characters knew exactly what was going on and yet they still betrayed their friends and themselves. A normal teenager would not do this or anyone with common fucking sense. This is an overexaggeration of cheating, this is not what happens in reality, AT ALL.

4. Um yes it is. It does set to prove something and that's that the high school harem genre is a FUCKING MYTH! It can never happen and it would never be as happy as it is portrayed in most animes. It takes the high school harem genre and smashes it with a monkey wrench. It is entirely a deconstruction, how can you say it isn't!? That's crazy! This shows how a high school harem goes wrong, just like how Madoka Magica showed what happens when Magical Girls goes wrong. Same fucking thing.

That's like saying that Evnagelion isn't a deconstruction. You can't just say, "it is what is." That's sooooo arbitrary.

EDIT:

This is from Webster dictionary:

the analytic examination of something (as a theory) often in order to reveal its inadequacy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deconstruction

Proves my point right there. School Days is a deconstruction, through and through. It had all the elements of a high school harem and showed why the idea of a high school harem is inadequate.


WOW. All i can say is wow. I was hoping to get some shows in before bed, but it looks like i have to educate you Loomy. Don't worry, senpai notices you.

1. You claimed someone deserves to die because they were dishonest and promiscuous. It does not get more idiotic than that, but lets put that to the side since you so happened to forget to mention that this time. You say he's the scum of the earth because he went around having sex with multiple girls and had no respect or decency. Have you ever heard of...influence? What about...lack of knowledge or experience? He is a freshman in high school. He was caught up in something very good that blinded him to what was around him. You think he wants to be pinned down with a child while he is enjoying himself? I have already said he made many bad decisions and deserved a whopping, but to say he is the scum of the earth is almost laughable. Did he commit a crime? No. Did he at any point in the show realize what he was doing was wrong? Yes. So, i will defend him on that. Every character in the show is a scumbag, huh. Damn, Kotonoha's sister did not make a good impression with you, huh? Next!

2. Again, comes down to opinions? Loomy, does death mean nothing to you? Jesus Christ, even your hero Kirito-kun claimed to remember the people he killed and it made him soooo vewwy sad...wahh! You don't deserve to die because you cheated, there is no debate on that. That just shows a lack of real world experience or something. Oh yeah, and hey Loomy! Sekai wasn't just any normal person. You see, she was emotionally unstable. It was even mentioned by her friend Setsuna, or did that sail over your head as well? That coupled with the fact that Makoto broke her heart caused her to snap and do what she did. Next!

3. I love this one. "Cheating happens in real life, but not to this extent." Well, Loomy...unless you're are God or Big Brother i don't know how you would know that! Just because it was too much to you, does not make it an impossible occurrence. I can even give you an example out of the plethora there are, and those are just the ones reported! One man i read about months ago had 17 different children...by 12 baby mothers! And here's the kicker, you're gonna love this...they were all around the same age! So that means some cheating and lying must have been occurring, am i right? Innocent girl throwing her ideals out the window. Of course a girl would do those things if she really loved the guy. You act like sluts are a myth or something. You know how many girls like that i personally know!? I don't know if Colorado has different standards but boy, you sure haven't seen much of the world. I mean, i won't tell you where i am from, but this is very common. Me just telling you that, and the manner of my words over the internet could give you a huge clue though. Next!

4. My favorite...thank you for this Loomy. You even got the definition for me! Thank you, Loomy. The analytic examination of something (as a theory) often in order to reveal its inadequacy. That is the meaning am i right? Lets take it even further. What does inadequate mean? It is a lack of the quantity or quality required. So what you are essentially telling me is that this harem anime is fulfilling the lack of examination in the entire genre. So let's take a standard harem anime. Hmmm...lets us Sword Art Online! Sword Art Online is lacking an examination on the genre? Weird. Guy meets many girls. Guy chooses girl he loves most. The end? You know what that's not fair. Let's use one where he doesn't pick a girl. Nisekoi. What is this series lacking in terms of examination to make it School Days? A boring, average guy meets girls that might have the key to his locket. He loves one of them. The girls all love him. What needs to be further examined to make it a show like School Days? Everything is laid out for you. If you were to deconstruct that show, you would analyze it to point out it's faults and errors. This is not deconstruction of the genre because you are not pointing out it's faults and what it lacks. Neither Evangelion or Madoka. You take a show for what it presents to you, not to compare it to others. Please stop saying this people.

MY FREAKING COMPUTER CRASHED SO I'LL LEAVE IT AS THIS BEFORE I HAVE TO TYPE THIS ALL OVER AGAIN.
Posted 8/29/14 , edited 8/29/14
No offense, but Makoto was a complete an utter idiot. In order to have the plot progress, he had to not break up with Kotonoha in order to cheat on her with Sekai, but here's the problem. HE DID NOT GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT KOTONOHA AT ALL, NOR DID HE RECIEVE ANY BENEFITS OF TRAILING HER ALONG (like actual sex). Some attribute his unwillingness to break up with her to cowardice, but he cheats on Sekai numerous times. He doesn't have sex with Kotonoha till the penultimate episode(s), and even then that's ambiguous as to if they actually did it. He had no benefits to continuing the relationship, so the problem is why didn't he break up with her? In order to have her go psycho crazy, of course. Been a long time since I played the visual novel, but if you (eventually) broke up with Kotonoha, she would be pushed out of the storyline.
Posted 8/29/14

rentadawg wrote:

School Days is right up there on my list with Clannad/ romance types, since they both take different approaches. No ridiculously dense male leads and scenarios were they act all shy and keep their feelings hidden well into their 2nd-3rd year in highschool, I expect this from girls, not guys.


How the hell was Makoto not ridiculously dense? He seemed to be the one of the most oblivious male leads I've seen in a long time.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.