Post Reply the Mortal Instruments series
13547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 8/28/14
I read them all as soon as the where on the selves and the movie came out right after I finished the last book. did anyone else enjoy the books?
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Earth. Duh
Offline
Posted 9/7/14
Gahhh I love them~ I recently finished CoHF too which I thought was an amazing conclusion to the series. But I have to say that I liked The Infernal Devices series more...
4510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 10/8/14
I've read the first four books but I've never seen the movie. The trailer just didn't seem that wonderful.
596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Raccoon City
Offline
Posted 5/13/15
I started reading this recently, after seeing bits of the film. I am not sure if I like it or not.
41713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/13/16
Yes, and the movie adaption was… mehhhhh. The series deserved a better movie adaption for sure. They're about to make a television adaption, not sure how that will fare.
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/18/16 , edited 1/18/16
I tried, but didn't enjoy part one, so gave up on it. The movie really did the book justice; I quit watching at about the same part where I quit reading the book.
48603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 1/18/16
Never read them because they were "anti Christian".
I belonged to several groups that protested the movies for months
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/19/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

Never read them because they were "anti Christian".
I belonged to several groups that protested the movies for months


That's very interesting. You say "belonged", so I take it you left those groups? May I ask how you got involved with them in the first place?
48603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 1/19/16

Hitoli wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

Never read them because they were "anti Christian".
I belonged to several groups that protested the movies for months


That's very interesting. You say "belonged", so I take it you left those groups? May I ask how you got involved with them in the first place?



I got confused and thought this thread was about "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman.
I got involved with them when I first became Catholic. They believe they're fighting for Chrisitianty and the family. They can be very persuasive
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/19/16
Mortal Instruments was good.

Incarnations of Immortality was better

4375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 1/31/16
I read the first Immortal Instruments book. I didn't think it was wonderful but it wasn't a bad novel. As for the film, I honestly didn't feel the book deserved a film adaptation so I didn't bother watching it, same for Maze Runner and Divergent.
862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/11/16
I had read the series and thought it was awesome. I'd wished they would do the rest of the books into movies - the same with "Eragon"
59 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/11/16

ZenZaku wrote:

I read the first Immortal Instruments book. I didn't think it was wonderful but it wasn't a bad novel. As for the film, I honestly didn't feel the book deserved a film adaptation so I didn't bother watching it, same for Maze Runner and Divergent.



Agree
You must be logged in to post.