First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Stop... Just stop... Seriously Japan... STOP!
36655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Far west texas
Offline
Posted 8/30/14


Which series is the 3rd pic from, I don't recognize it.
Koda89 
33624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Online
Posted 8/30/14

JadeAmberTwins wrote:




Right. Not saying Tenchi didn't have fanservice. And I'm not saying I dislike fanservice(quite the opposite, actually ). I just don't like it when fanservice is built into the primary outfits for characters like it is for this new Tenchi series. It cheapens the fanservice when you see it nearly the entire time any of the girls are on screen. Fanservice should be a special thing that is only given out time to time.


I can see that, I just think its kinda pointless to complain about fanservice in a show about fanservice.


Well there CAN be too much fanservice, much as it pains me to say it.
LokiLB 
41570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/30/14 , edited 8/30/14
I was young enough that the fanservice went over my head and saw the Toonami version, so I have a certain level of nostalgia for the show. If I was watching it for the first time now, I would hate it. It's one of those shows with an interesting premise that goes no where and spends too much time on fanservice and harem idiocy (Strike the Blood would be a recent show that is similar in that respect).
Not a fan of the redesigns. I don't mind if girls in a scifi show wear cat suits (because they are the future of fashion, or so Star Trek has told me), but at least make the material not look sheer.

As for moe blobs, they generally don't show up in shows I watch. Madoka is an exception, partially because it takes moe blob and magical girl and deconstructs everything it possibly can. And poor Akatsuki (Log Horizon) is a victim of moe blobs. Apparently a petite women ends up looking like a kid in Elder Tales if she uses her actual height for her character.
xxJing 
37197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 8/30/14

LokiLB wrote:

And poor Akatsuki (Log Horizon) is a victim of moe blobs. Apparently a petite women ends up looking like a kid in Elder Tales if she uses her actual height for her character.


I hate to burst your bubble but in Japan women come in many different... styles?


17 Years Old




22 Years Old
LokiLB 
41570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/30/14

xxJing wrote:


LokiLB wrote:

And poor Akatsuki (Log Horizon) is a victim of moe blobs. Apparently a petite women ends up looking like a kid in Elder Tales if she uses her actual height for her character.


I hate to burst your bubble but in Japan women come in many different... styles?


17 Years Old




22 Years Old


The 22 year old doesn't look like a little kid, just dressed like one. How someone dresses does affect how old they appear, but generally not that much. Granted you have people like the actress who played Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter that are just ridiculous in how much younger they look.

The point is that moe blobs tend to look like ten year olds or younger, and while a petite college student might look like she is in late middle school/early high school, she isn't going to look like a ten year old.
41370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 8/30/14

demondog89 wrote:



Which series is the 3rd pic from, I don't recognize it.


War on Geminar
25832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Clewiston, FL
Offline
Posted 8/30/14
The new Tenchi and Co. looks AWFUL!!
16488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/14

Koda89 wrote:


JadeAmberTwins wrote:




Right. Not saying Tenchi didn't have fanservice. And I'm not saying I dislike fanservice(quite the opposite, actually ). I just don't like it when fanservice is built into the primary outfits for characters like it is for this new Tenchi series. It cheapens the fanservice when you see it nearly the entire time any of the girls are on screen. Fanservice should be a special thing that is only given out time to time.


I can see that, I just think its kinda pointless to complain about fanservice in a show about fanservice.


Well there CAN be too much fanservice, much as it pains me to say it.


I do understand your point and I thank you for making an argument that isn't just 'fanservice bad' cause considering the series we're talking about... you get the idea. I personally prefer it when a series like this doesn't try to pretend to be anything different than what it is. Say what you want about series like DxD but it knows what it is and just tries to have fun with it. Tenchi I always felt wanted me to take it seriously and while it did have decent characters they're almost completely undermined by the bad protagonists and its inability to carry a story. That being said there is something about the series that keeps me coming back to it as I've seen all the spinoffs and read the two manga series so there is a certain charm here.
Posted 8/30/14 , edited 8/30/14

if you don't like watching those kind of anime series then don't watch it. you're not alone, I also dislike some anime series nowadays. I just watch the good ones.
The Wise Wizard
100945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 8/30/14

FLjerry2011 wrote:

Some Older TM plenty of fanservice back then!


I'm rather certain that image is from Burst Angel.

Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.