First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Are women objects?
Posted 9/13/14 , edited 9/14/14
We are all composed of chemicals.

You know what? Women see men as objects too in some cases.

I mean, I can't be "just friends" with a guy without other people perceiving it as a date.

And when I introduce those females to my male friends, they always think

"Does he like me? He's so hot."

Like... Bitch, you just met him for three minutes.
16438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 9/13/14 , edited 9/13/14
Let the hate flow.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 9/13/14
You can be whatever you set your mind to.
Posted 9/13/14 , edited 9/13/14
Well, objectifying any human being, male or female, is a mental dsorder, either an obsession or a paraphilia (or paraphilias), in this case, women, or some part of them. There's a real indication if you have this fetish for them or anything associated with them,you need ongoing therapy, if for anything on just how to form lasting, meaningful relationships with women (or men).

14492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / England, Yorkshire.
Offline
Posted 9/14/14
Literally speaking, Yes but that isn't what you mean here.

I'm not sure why the question is specifically "Women" when they could easily think the same about men but the answer the either question is, No unless that person wants to be treated that way.
19450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 9/20/14
Well the only part of the OP I will agree with are the feminist extremists saying any and all compliments are somehow sexual harassment. There where 4 women talk show hosts on one of the news networks the other day droning on for almost 10 minutes about how much a pig a guy was for commented that she had beautiful eyes at the gym. Cry me a river, if something that little offends you feel free to go take a raft and live on an isolated island away from other human beings because if every little thing is going to make you offended you how the heck are you going to be able to live your life?
11154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 9/20/14

kevz_210 wrote:

Well the only part of the OP I will agree with are the feminist extremists saying any and all compliments are somehow sexual harassment. There where 4 women talk show hosts on one of the news networks the other day droning on for almost 10 minutes about how much a pig a guy was for commented that she had beautiful eyes at the gym. Cry me a river, if something that little offends you feel free to go take a raft and live on an isolated island away from other human beings because if every little thing is going to make you offended you how the heck are you going to be able to live your life?


Yeah I agree, how can a compliment offend people lol.
87 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/14 , edited 9/20/14

Kamuai wrote:

Now as far as your conclusion goes....


In conclusion, my most broadest point to sum it up: you can't change a male, especially what you give him . Women gave man porn, clothing for their beauty that catches the eyes of men, etc. It's all there in black and white, but you're still angry. These factors may get ill men addicted, and actually lead to a sexual crime unfortunately.


I have to say you must have been rejected by women many times to have such an angry view of them. Fact is as men we can control ourselves but we choose to look because we like what we see, but that does not give us the right to disrespect ANYBODY based off our choices. What women may do or wear as their choice and does not mean we can treat them as less of a person because of it.

I suggest you take a long look at yourself and figure out why your so angry at women. If it is just simply because your frustrated because you can't get anywhere with them, here's some advice just try talking to them as a person and not a piece of meat.Try talking to a girl you are interested in just like you would with a friend.

On the other hand if you decide that the more you think about women the angrier you get... You probably like men.


Ah, feminism in action. What a lovely movement it's produced in social justice. Such strides for the oppressed, feminists are just so strong. I am personally in awe at their courage.

Now if only CR had audio recording scripts, I could say that as sarcastically as you should take it. Good gawd in heaven, feminism has done a number on you. I know you've been taught to think that if you disagree with it, it's hate speech from angry manchildren; try to get past it for a split second. There was nothing about that post that was angry. His writing isn't the best, but his intent is neither spiteful nor jaded. If anyone was mad, it was most certainly you.

He actually raises an interesting point about social justice: according to the party line, men cannot sexualize women (particularly straight white cis men; aren't they awful), but a woman is strong and independent if she sexualizes herself. In other words, it's grrrrrlpower when a woman wears a low-cut v-neck but it's overt sexualization and objectification if a man looks. When you think like that, we call it cognitive dissonance; when you live by that, we call it hypocrisy. So it strikes me as odd that when he says "I just want more class", as in people should have some self respect and dress in clothes that leave something to the imagination, you respond with "You're a muhsoginust who might be a faaaag!". Of course I'm paraphrasing but your disingenuous and vapid reply was painful enough to read, and I have no desire to read it again to type out a quote.

I may not agree with his approach or his logic, but I know a good point when I see one. Let's talk about you though. After all, two can play the speculations game. You speculated that he hates women and needless to say, I disagree. If anything, I think he needs a writing class and this kind of honest conversation to clear up his misconceptions. I think you in fact hate other men. You seem to be conditioned to at least. First you attacked his love life and suggested that he's a forever alone virgin. Fairly typical of feminism and social justice:
-If they say something that goes counter to my gender politics and offends me, obviously all women are offended on my behalf as well and would never entertain such a lowlife.
-He must therefore be a desperate bitter virgin who hates women and is projecting his rage as the fault of women.
-If he hates women, maybe he's a closeted homosexual.
Basically with that last one, you're suggesting that he's gay and therefore less of a man because that would make him like a woman (presumably because of the connotations of receiving anal/giving oral sex, i.e. receptive sex roles typically associated with women). It displays a little bit of homophobia and sexism on your part buddy. You sound quite angry at the thought of deviation from strictly hetero-normative behavior. Sounds like you have your own issues to work out. Hop to.

Now what do I think of the topic? I dunno, I do see his point about increasingly revealing clothing trends, widespread availability of porn. I don't think it causes misogyny or sexual violence (I'd argue that feminism does that just fine). The research has been inconclusive and no link between porn and sexual violence has been established. Some argue that there's a negative correlation between the two, that is as porn consumption increases sexual violence decreases; http://www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/1961to1999/1999-effects-of-pornography.html#conclusions.

I have to say, if a woman doesn't want me or other men to look, she shouldn't dress so that it's impossible to not notice. At a certain point, you start objectifying yourself and bringing attention onto your body. Men who walk around in skinny jeans and/or muscle shirts are doing the same thing. I have never understood the hang up about porn. People have sex; sorry folks, it happens. If people are offering to have sex and film it for a price, I can't argue with that. That's capitalism at its finest. And yes, it is a form of objectification. So what? It's consensual. Being an object of desire, a sex symbol, a porn star or what have you not, is not necessarily a bad thing. And if you're all honest with yourselves, you know you want to be objectified too. Do you not do things to make potential romantic and sexual interests look your way? Do you not hope that they see you as desirable and lust after you? Yes, you want to still be recognized as a person. But it's balanced against an older and more primal instinct to mate. Just remember that the next time one of you social justice warriors start to rage at someone who suggests that throwing all modesty to the wind is not necessarily a good thing or that dressing provocatively will provoke stares.

Kamuai 
19013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/14

2006Veteran-Returned wrote:


Kamuai wrote:

Now as far as your conclusion goes....


In conclusion, my most broadest point to sum it up: you can't change a male, especially what you give him . Women gave man porn, clothing for their beauty that catches the eyes of men, etc. It's all there in black and white, but you're still angry. These factors may get ill men addicted, and actually lead to a sexual crime unfortunately.


I have to say you must have been rejected by women many times to have such an angry view of them. Fact is as men we can control ourselves but we choose to look because we like what we see, but that does not give us the right to disrespect ANYBODY based off our choices. What women may do or wear as their choice and does not mean we can treat them as less of a person because of it.

I suggest you take a long look at yourself and figure out why your so angry at women. If it is just simply because your frustrated because you can't get anywhere with them, here's some advice just try talking to them as a person and not a piece of meat.Try talking to a girl you are interested in just like you would with a friend.

On the other hand if you decide that the more you think about women the angrier you get... You probably like men.


Ah, feminism in action. What a lovely movement it's produced in social justice. Such strides for the oppressed, feminists are just so strong. I am personally in awe at their courage.

Now if only CR had audio recording scripts, I could say that as sarcastically as you should take it. Good gawd in heaven, feminism has done a number on you. I know you've been taught to think that if you disagree with it, it's hate speech from angry manchildren; try to get past it for a split second. There was nothing about that post that was angry. His writing isn't the best, but his intent is neither spiteful nor jaded. If anyone was mad, it was most certainly you.

He actually raises an interesting point about social justice: according to the party line, men cannot sexualize women (particularly straight white cis men; aren't they awful), but a woman is strong and independent if she sexualizes herself. In other words, it's grrrrrlpower when a woman wears a low-cut v-neck but it's overt sexualization and objectification if a man looks. When you think like that, we call it cognitive dissonance; when you live by that, we call it hypocrisy. So it strikes me as odd that when he says "I just want more class", as in people should have some self respect and dress in clothes that leave something to the imagination, you respond with "You're a muhsoginust who might be a faaaag!". Of course I'm paraphrasing but your disingenuous and vapid reply was painful enough to read, and I have no desire to read it again to type out a quote.

I may not agree with his approach or his logic, but I know a good point when I see one. Let's talk about you though. After all, two can play the speculations game. You speculated that he hates women and needless to say, I disagree. If anything, I think he needs a writing class and this kind of honest conversation to clear up his misconceptions. I think you in fact hate other men. You seem to be conditioned to at least. First you attacked his love life and suggested that he's a forever alone virgin. Fairly typical of feminism and social justice:
-If they say something that goes counter to my gender politics and offends me, obviously all women are offended on my behalf as well and would never entertain such a lowlife.
-He must therefore be a desperate bitter virgin who hates women and is projecting his rage as the fault of women.
-If he hates women, maybe he's a closeted homosexual.
Basically with that last one, you're suggesting that he's gay and therefore less of a man because that would make him like a woman (presumably because of the connotations of receiving anal/giving oral sex, i.e. receptive sex roles typically associated with women). It displays a little bit of homophobia and sexism on your part buddy. You sound quite angry at the thought of deviation from strictly hetero-normative behavior. Sounds like you have your own issues to work out. Hop to.

Now what do I think of the topic? I dunno, I do see his point about increasingly revealing clothing trends, widespread availability of porn. I don't think it causes misogyny or sexual violence (I'd argue that feminism does that just fine). The research has been inconclusive and no link between porn and sexual violence has been established. Some argue that there's a negative correlation between the two, that is as porn consumption increases sexual violence decreases; http://www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/1961to1999/1999-effects-of-pornography.html#conclusions.

I have to say, if a woman doesn't want me or other men to look, she shouldn't dress so that it's impossible to not notice. At a certain point, you start objectifying yourself and bringing attention onto your body. Men who walk around in skinny jeans and/or muscle shirts are doing the same thing. I have never understood the hang up about porn. People have sex; sorry folks, it happens. If people are offering to have sex and film it for a price, I can't argue with that. That's capitalism at its finest. And yes, it is a form of objectification. So what? It's consensual. Being an object of desire, a sex symbol, a porn star or what have you not, is not necessarily a bad thing. And if you're all honest with yourselves, you know you want to be objectified too. Do you not do things to make potential romantic and sexual interests look your way? Do you not hope that they see you as desirable and lust after you? Yes, you want to still be recognized as a person. But it's balanced against an older and more primal instinct to mate. Just remember that the next time one of you social justice warriors start to rage at someone who suggests that throwing all modesty to the wind is not necessarily a good thing or that dressing provocatively will provoke stares.



Wow good job troll. I don't see anything in my post as hateful as your first paragraph. And then your tear down, yup I guess you got me there I must have suggested that he's a lonely forever alone virgin..blah blah blah. You have taken the small bit I have suggested to this guy and just taken it to the extreme far end of what I was telling him. I also NEVER said or suggested anything to say there is anything wrong with being homosexual, you inferred that yourself. My point was that he needs to re-evaluate himself as not just a man, but as a person. This is true for many people who go and judge others based off of nothing other than their looks.

But No, you actually want to defend someone that doesn't seem to understand why cat-calling to rape is wrong and why women would be angry.


We all hear about the post-feminists or feminazi's of today rebelling in their own "cause" for equal rights, pay, or whatever it is anymore. They get into the smallest things to the largest... with the largest, being onto something like "cat-calling" on the streets, certain compliments, men just looking at their beauty, or in the most extreme cases, rape.


While some of your points have merit I do admit. I am puzzled to this

I have to say, if a woman doesn't want me or other men to look, she shouldn't dress so that it's impossible to not notice.


Are you saying if a woman isn't interested in you she should change her appearance so that she isn't attractive to you? If so, that's more than a little egotistical of you to think your so important that any woman you find attractive must feel the same way towards yourself.

87 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/14

Kamuai wrote:



Wow good job troll. I don't see anything in my post as hateful as your first paragraph. And then your tear down, yup I guess you got me there I must have suggested that he's a lonely forever alone virgin..blah blah blah. You have taken the small bit I have suggested to this guy and just taken it to the extreme far end of what I was telling him. I also NEVER said or suggested anything to say there is anything wrong with being homosexual, you inferred that yourself. My point was that he needs to re-evaluate himself as not just a man, but as a person. This is true for many people who go and judge others based off of nothing other than their looks.

But No, you actually want to defend someone that doesn't seem to understand why cat-calling to rape is wrong and why women would be angry.


We all hear about the post-feminists or feminazi's of today rebelling in their own "cause" for equal rights, pay, or whatever it is anymore. They get into the smallest things to the largest... with the largest, being onto something like "cat-calling" on the streets, certain compliments, men just looking at their beauty, or in the most extreme cases, rape.


While some of your points have merit I do admit. I am puzzled to this

I have to say, if a woman doesn't want me or other men to look, she shouldn't dress so that it's impossible to not notice.


Are you saying if a woman isn't interested in you she should change her appearance so that she isn't attractive to you? If so, that's more than a little egotistical of you to think your so important that any woman you find attractive must feel the same way towards yourself.



-Sad thing was that I'm not trolling.
-Of course you don't see your post as hateful, you posted it; why would you think it's hateful?
-The fact that you suggested it is evidence that you believe gays are lesser people. Also, being a misogynist and being a gay man are independent events; one does not entail the other. So how would hating women mean that he liked men? You grabbed low-hanging fruit bro.
-I don't recall the orginal post as saying he supported rape. Correct me if I am wrong or if he said so in a later post.
-I'm sorry but cat-calling is as much of a problem as getting flipped off on the road. And arguably, getting flipped off in traffic does more verifiable harm on account of road-rage accidents. Anyone starting a socio-political movement and ideology around the issue of cat-calling is an idiot, bar none.
-Again, needs a writing class but the gist it seems to me is that he's saying feminists complain a lot about "micro-aggressions" (if ever there was a first world problem) as well as the big issues, including that of rape. I don't think he's putting down feminism for raising the issue, I think he's saying the goal of modern-feminism is seemingly ambiguous but continuously pushed by fascists. And I agree with that.
-That is to say that women who don't want to attract stares from men (like myself) should not dress in such a way that everything is hanging out. You don't get to wear a top so small that tits have are about to tear it at the seams, and then cry harassment when someone is staring. You are arguing that women should be able to dress provocatively without provoking a reaction (such as a turned head or someone staring). Again with the cognitive dissonance.
-I'm happy to look if a woman is dressing to be noticed like that, and happy to keep my eyes forward if they are not dressing provocatively. If dressed like a professional, I treat them like a professional. If dressed casually, I treat them more casually. If scantily clad, I treat them as if they are scantily clad. It's literally that simple.
-In other words, boiled down for your sjw brain, women should dress like they want to be treated. Body language and visual impressions matter, they are key in defining the context of interaction. If you deny this, then by all means walk into a bank in your workout clothes and apply for a job. Tell me how it goes for you. Better yet, go on a first date in some gym shorts and a tank top.
-It's not actually about what personally attracts me. It's about how you want to be treated. When I need to look professional, I comb my hair, put on a 3 piece suit with french cuffs and shined shoes. Otherwise, I dress casually, so that people treat me casually. When heading out to the bars, I put on something more form fitting to look attractive.
-Seriously, what is your hangup about what your clothes say about you and how you're dressed determines in part how other people treat you? Is this really all that difficult? Or, do you believe that women deserve special treatment in that they are always treated exactly the same, no matter what they're wearing?
------>Because I gotta tell you, I'll adopt a policy of treating all people like shit until they're proven to be worthy of consideration. At least in my current format, man or woman, you have the benefit of the doubt if you're dressed for the appropriate context.
-Egotistical doesn't do me justice. Go with egocentric next time, throw in a bit of nihilism, soak it with scientific naturalism and hedonism and atheism, and voila there's your description for me.

Questions?
Kamuai 
19013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/14

-Sad thing was that I'm not trolling.
-Of course you don't see your post as hateful, you posted it; why would you think it's hateful?
-The fact that you suggested it is evidence that you believe gays are lesser people. Also, being a misogynist and being a gay man are independent events; one does not entail the other. So how would hating women mean that he liked men? You grabbed low-hanging fruit bro.
-I don't recall the orginal post as saying he supported rape. Correct me if I am wrong or if he said so in a later post.
-I'm sorry but cat-calling is as much of a problem as getting flipped off on the road. And arguably, getting flipped off in traffic does more verifiable harm on account of road-rage accidents. Anyone starting a socio-political movement and ideology around the issue of cat-calling is an idiot, bar none.
-Again, needs a writing class but the gist it seems to me is that he's saying feminists complain a lot about "micro-aggressions" (if ever there was a first world problem) as well as the big issues, including that of rape. I don't think he's putting down feminism for raising the issue, I think he's saying the goal of modern-feminism is seemingly ambiguous but continuously pushed by fascists. And I agree with that.
-That is to say that women who don't want to attract stares from men (like myself) should not dress in such a way that everything is hanging out. You don't get to wear a top so small that tits have are about to tear it at the seams, and then cry harassment when someone is staring. You are arguing that women should be able to dress provocatively without provoking a reaction (such as a turned head or someone staring). Again with the cognitive dissonance.
-I'm happy to look if a woman is dressing to be noticed like that, and happy to keep my eyes forward if they are not dressing provocatively. If dressed like a professional, I treat them like a professional. If dressed casually, I treat them more casually. If scantily clad, I treat them as if they are scantily clad. It's literally that simple.
-In other words, boiled down for your sjw brain, women should dress like they want to be treated. Body language and visual impressions matter, they are key in defining the context of interaction. If you deny this, then by all means walk into a bank in your workout clothes and apply for a job. Tell me how it goes for you. Better yet, go on a first date in some gym shorts and a tank top.
-It's not actually about what personally attracts me. It's about how you want to be treated. When I need to look professional, I comb my hair, put on a 3 piece suit with french cuffs and shined shoes. Otherwise, I dress casually, so that people treat me casually. When heading out to the bars, I put on something more form fitting to look attractive.
-Seriously, what is your hangup about what your clothes say about you and how you're dressed determines in part how other people treat you? Is this really all that difficult? Or, do you believe that women deserve special treatment in that they are always treated exactly the same, no matter what they're wearing?
------>Because I gotta tell you, I'll adopt a policy of treating all people like shit until they're proven to be worthy of consideration. At least in my current format, man or woman, you have the benefit of the doubt if you're dressed for the appropriate context.
-Egotistical doesn't do me justice. Go with egocentric next time, throw in a bit of nihilism, soak it with scientific naturalism and hedonism and atheism, and voila there's your description for me.

Questions?


- Again you have missed my point. I quoted him being critical of Feminists even calling them Femi-nazi's. Also in the same quote saying that the two largest things feminists complain about are cat-calling and rape... Two very different ends of the spectrum if you ask me.
- As for your point regarding dress and appearance, for the most part I actually agree with you. I feel that in the work place everyone regardless of gender should dress professionally. And yes I do work in the corporate world, and yes I do see women who wear outfits I personally would deem to revealing for the work place. BUT they have the right to wear it and they also have the right not to be gawked at like a piece of meat.

I by no means am saying that as Heterosexual males we should just turn off our sex drive and not look, but there is a difference between getting a look and eye raping someone. **Example Billy staring at Susie's chest non stop without blinking while she is trying to talk to him about work**


Because I gotta tell you, I'll adopt a policy of treating all people like shit until they're proven to be worthy of consideration. At least in my current format, man or woman, you have the benefit of the doubt if you're dressed for the appropriate context.
-Egotistical doesn't do me justice. Go with egocentric next time, throw in a bit of nihilism, soak it with scientific naturalism and hedonism and atheism, and voila there's your description for me.


Hell I'm right with you, my whole point to this was that tf2pyros obviously doesn't seem to understand why women would have any reason to be upset, well that or he is just a troll based off his last comment about letting the hate flow.
87 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/14

Kamuai wrote:



- Again you have missed my point. I quoted him being critical of Feminists even calling them Femi-nazi's. Also in the same quote saying that the two largest things feminists complain about are cat-calling and rape... Two very different ends of the spectrum if you ask me.
- As for your point regarding dress and appearance, for the most part I actually agree with you. I feel that in the work place everyone regardless of gender should dress professionally. And yes I do work in the corporate world, and yes I do see women who wear outfits I personally would deem to revealing for the work place. BUT they have the right to wear it and they also have the right not to be gawked at like a piece of meat.

I by no means am saying that as Heterosexual males we should just turn off our sex drive and not look, but there is a difference between getting a look and eye raping someone. **Example Billy staring at Susie's chest non stop without blinking while she is trying to talk to him about work**


Because I gotta tell you, I'll adopt a policy of treating all people like shit until they're proven to be worthy of consideration. At least in my current format, man or woman, you have the benefit of the doubt if you're dressed for the appropriate context.
-Egotistical doesn't do me justice. Go with egocentric next time, throw in a bit of nihilism, soak it with scientific naturalism and hedonism and atheism, and voila there's your description for me.


Hell I'm right with you, my whole point to this was that tf2pyros obviously doesn't seem to understand why women would have any reason to be upset, well that or he is just a troll based off his last comment about letting the hate flow.


-In my opinion I think his writing is jumbled and difficult to read and I see it differently. Perhaps he can clarify for himself and we will see then if either of us is right.
-I disagree. Your clothes are all of your appearance except for your face. If you show up to work in something that is risqué, you will turn heads. Besides, what is the point of wearing revealing clothes other than to, you know, show some skin to whatever degree? Why should we not look?
-Eye-rape is an invention of histrionic bigots. It's not a real thing.
-If he does not understand, perhaps it would behoove your side to calmly explain to him the points of concern. And without judgment. This is one thing that truly bothers me about feminism in today's world: they demand that we are aware and educated of their concerns, but questions and debate are unacceptable. In other words, feminism seems to have the utmost contempt and disdain for those who don't know or who disagree.
------>And frankly, I disagree about rape culture. That was a men's issue that male prisoners brought up because they were actually being raped and it was sanctioned by prison administration. Sue me.
-Did you consider that he might be frustrated with the response he got after he said something with good intent? I'm not saying that he's right, nor am I ruling out the possibility of him being a troll. But consider for a moment how you'd feel if you asked a sincere question and received nothing but hate. Frustrating, is it not?
34965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/20/14 , edited 9/20/14

MarkyD73 wrote:

Yeah I agree, how can a compliment offend people lol.


That's something which is really dependent on context, but it is possible. Let's suppose that I'm a consultant who is about to deliver an extremely important performance report to the board of trustees of a major organization, and my male boss introduces me to the board (which we'll assume to be all male) as "our loveliest consultant".

If I know all the people in the room well and we share a mutual respect for one another that compliment would be pretty much harmless and wouldn't upset me, though I'd question its timing. If I don't know those people very well and we don't have a firmly established mutual respect for one another I might feel like I'm being belittled (my hypothetical boss chose to comment on my appearance instead of my competence when the latter was more immediately relevant) or made to be an outcast (the board would be getting a reminder that I'm the only female in the room). And if I have been having a hard time with my hypothetical boss lately I might be even more suspicious that such was his underlying intention.

So being offended by receiving a compliment can be justifiable, and it's best to just keep compliments about peoples' appearance out of the conversation unless there's mutual respect and understanding already established between all interested parties.
Posted 9/20/14
No, no, no. There is never a justification for it. Even in jest, it brings up historical precedents, and its mainly men who find it funny.

In modern times, we've come a long way for equality. However, since the stone age patriarchial views still prevail , in the east, the middle east, and the west.

The more things change, the more they remain the same. I see it as swimming against the tide of a raging river. Progress is achieved slowly, and much of the same mentality still lies beneath the surface. The only way to move forward is to not entertain it. Its not funny if we are serious about this topic; it has to stop. Kidding around about women being objects isn't very funny (to whom?).

Let's not kick ourselves but be the ones doing the kicking (or at least kick back) (no pun intended).

Kamuai 
19013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/14

-Eye-rape is an invention of histrionic bigots. It's not a real thing.

It is definitely a real thing I can even give you a better examplethat actually happened at my job. So Sally and Dave both work on in cubicles. Their desk happen to be next to each other. One day Sally noticed that while she was on a call that everytime Dave finished a call he would stand up and "stretch" while leaning closer to her cubicle. She didn't think much at it at first but the more she noticed it the more she noticed that his "stretches" were lasting longer and longer. It was then that she realized that he was actually just leaning over while she was still stuck on a call to stare straight down her blouse and get a birds eye view of her chest, that he wouldn't have seen while she was standing.

Now at first to battle this she would just go ahead and start standing while on a call so he couldn't take advantage. But there were times she couldn't leave her computer so she was stuck. The situation started making her very uncomfortable being at work.

This is a prime example if eye rape. Sally didn't ask to be gawked at but creepy Dave kept raking advantage to seek a peek which is complete my unprofessional.

Now sally did manage to get him to stop by calling him out. He of course got defensive but when our Voss got involved Dave tried saying if she didn't like it why not just wear a sweater (mind you we are in Texas and it was the summer time) so our boss kindly reminded Dave of our sexual harassment policy.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.