First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply Body Hair Equality
8386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14



I'm not sure where you've been living, but the people who expect that of anybody expect that of everybody, not just men. I really can't believe you brought up "have kids" when there is a lot more pressure on women to do that. Honestly, society doesn't expect much if anything from men. There are plenty of out of shape people with deadbeat jobs, and that's fine. Nobody even gives them a second glance, but by god if a woman has hair on her arms that's just the worst thing ever.
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14

Still_Ginger wrote:





I'm not sure where you've been living, but I'm pretty sure the people who expect that of anybody expect that of everybody, not just men. I really can't believe you brought up "have kids" when there is a lot more pressure on women to do that. Honestly, society doesn't expect much if anything from men. There are plenty of out of shape people with deadbeat jobs, and that's fine. Nobody even gives them a second glance, but by god if a woman has hair on her arms that's just the worst thing ever.


>society doesn't expect much anything from men

what is the draft

And that part about no one caring about people with deadbeat jobs is bullshit and counterproductive to your argument.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/14
I don't know what a woman looks like with body hair because everything the media has shown me has displayed them without it. On the internet you can only find extreme examples.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14
I think it's important for both men and women to shave their 'nether regions' for hygiene reasons.
8386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14


Interesting that the biggest argument in your defense is something that hasn't been executed in over 40 years. Sure, at one point in time men were expected to join the military and fight. That isn't really the case any longer. Women can also join the military now, and while selective services is still in effect it hasn't been executed in quite a long time. I doubt society would even accept it at this point.

How is that counterproductive in any way? I also don't care if somebody is riding a bicycle or eating french fries. A lack of caring equals a lack of expectations. If you expect something from somebody you don't ignore it.
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14

Still_Ginger wrote:



Interesting that the biggest argument in your defense is something that hasn't been executed in over 40 years. Sure, at one point in time men were expected to join the military and fight. That isn't really the case any longer. Women can also join the military now, and while selective services is still in effect it hasn't been executed in quite a long time. I doubt society would even accept it at this point.

How is that counterproductive in any way? I also don't care if somebody is riding a bicycle or eating french fries. A lack of caring equals a lack of expectations. If you expect something from somebody you don't ignore it.


Totally ignoring something is the strongest form of segregation and discrimination.

Criticism is given with the expectation and hope of improvement.

Women cannot serve certain roles in the military and have lower physical requirements for the ones that they can.
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/1/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

I don't care, I'm not the one who has to sleep with them...


Possibly the best answer ever.


Sogno- 
45684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/14
i shave... unless it is winter. I need that extra warmth come cold season
8386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14


That... doesn't make sense. If I see somebody wearing a jacket and I don't like, I let them go on their way. I don't go out of my way to tell them I don't like the color and critique their fashion sense. That's not called discrimination, that's called letting somebody live their life without feeling the need to stick my nose in it. Just because you don't like the fact that a woman has body hair doesn't mean you need to critique them, just let them live their life man. It's none of your business.

That's true, we still have a ways to go when it comes to true equality. Thank you for reminding me of that.
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14

Still_Ginger wrote:



That... doesn't make sense. If I see somebody wearing a jacket and I don't point out that I don't like the color and critique their fashion sense and instead ignore them, that's not called discrimination. That's called letting somebody live their life without feeling the need to stick my nose in it. Just because you don't like the fact that a woman has body hair doesn't mean you need to critique them, just let them live their life man. It's none of your business.

That's true, we still have a ways to go when it comes to true equality. Thank you for reminding me of that.


1st point: That's not even close to the point. Try again.

2nd point: They're not able to serve those roles because they are NOT PHYSICALLY ABLE. Setting that aside in the name of "equality" would be stupid. Not everything has to be equal.
8386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14


Well then please enlighten me, what is the point? You said that ignoring somebody is discrimination. I apologize for not feeling the need to critique everybody who does something that I don't personally like.

I'm sorry but there are plenty of women in the world much more physically capable than you or I, or any other man for that matter. Women aren't "physically able" because they're told they aren't supposed to be. Society says that women are supposed to be fragile little flowers and men are supposed to be macho, it's crap. Physical ability has to do with how much work you put into it, not whether or not you have a penis.
36946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/1/14

ShoeboxAndCo
Not everything has to be equal.


I completely agree, some things should be equal but not everything.
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14

Still_Ginger wrote:



Well then please enlighten me, what is the point? You said that ignoring somebody is discrimination. I apologize for not feeling to critique everybody who does something that I don't personally like.

I'm sorry but there are plenty of women in the world much more physically capable than you or I, or any other man for that matter. Women aren't "physically able" because they're told they aren't supposed to be. Society says that women are supposed to be fragile little flowers and men are supposed to be macho, it's crap. Physical ability has to do with how much work you put into it, not whether or not you have a penis.


Yes, there are some women more physically capable than some men. I'm not talking about outliers here. Women have natural restrictions that limit them physically, and yes, it is sometimes linked to the fact that they do not have a penis.

And about the previous point, if you really can't see what I'm talking about, explaining it to you wouldn't be worth the time and effort.
8386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 9/1/14 , edited 9/11/14


First, I'd like to ask for the source of your facts. Second, I'd submit that it is true that some people are born with different abilities than others but it's on an individual basis and not based on gender.

Third, if somebody wants to do something (such as become physically capable/strong) who are you to tell them that they can't based on what genitalia they are born with?

Even if you're right and women are born "weaker" than men, hard work still pays off more than natural ability ten-fold. If somebody wants to do something, then let them do it. There is nothing stopping a woman from doing anything a man can do outside of peeing standing up, and I'm sure practice could probably make that possible too.
33363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 9/1/14
I don't like body hair, I don't even like body hair on myself, I secretly shave my pits.

I would shave my arm hair and leg hair if I didn't loose manliness points (my man card is already low on points )

I'm mostly clean shaven as well, hell I even want to trim my eyebrows cuz I feel it's too much hair...

So do I like hair on women, nope, Do I like hair on men, nope.

I equally hate all body hair
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.