First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
banks are corrupt
Posted 9/7/14
OP, do you have any plans of burning people up? Bank workers think they are untouchable, wouldn't you like to teach them a lesson?

Lowlights wrote:


severticas wrote:

What are you going to do about it?


Make threads on CR


lol.
Wihl 
24276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lagrangian Librat...
Offline
Posted 9/7/14
Talk to the branch of the government that regulates your bank, but read your contract with the bank first.
59230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/7/14

I've already solved it. However, I still think that my bank is a big fat pain because they have decided to lock my account for the entire month so I can't use any of the money I got on my account. Also, this is a breach of contract and that's what makes me pissed at them. And I'm well aware that banks will favor profit over costumers, but I've talked to a few friends about this and I'm thinking of changing bank.


Well, it's not solved (to your satisfaction, at least) if the account is locked for a month.

At this point, I agree that maintaining a relationship with that banking institution is probably not a good idea. I would also recommend speaking to a financial or legal advisor to see if there are other options available to you.
16016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/14
The thing is banks love small writing some where you probably, signed/agreed to something that allowed then to not to with holed their end.
Banks love sneaking things in always expect it and you will be good check your account often, keep a decent amount it, and be aware every contract you make with them is the same as the general public, you can't expect any special treatment, unless your card is made out of titanium the bank thinks nothing of you.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/22/14
While comparing to previous periods, various changes will be seen in banking sectors. Some banking services are not available us at free of cost, they charged some amount. I think, If there are any brochures available for knowing these kind of banking services cost then we can easily know about it.



http://www.bankifsccodesearch.com/
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/23/14
Sure, hidden fees and surcharges are bad, but that's just the symptom. The disease, at least as far as the US is concerned, is that banks are literally writing the laws which regulate their activities. Not figuratively, like they're advising legislators who then write up bills based on banks' suggestions, I mean literally writing the bills themselves.
40005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / HI
Online
Posted 12/23/14

GerryO wrote:

Just go with Chase Bank
No transaction fees and only a small monthly fee like $3 (no monthly fee if your a student)


Dang power to college students huh
That is a good way to market the bank
Posted 12/24/14
I really like corruption.
4179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/14 , edited 12/24/14
YES! This happened to me actually. I looked at my account and I was so broke I just laughed. I have less than 0... $-0.76 to be exact.

"I can't afford free shit now"

I imagine this is the bank
41699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/24/14 , edited 12/24/14
Banks are corporations. Corporations are rife with corruption.
As is the music industry… money grubbers…
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Earlier today I wanted to buy myself a coke from a local store... But couldn't because the store clerk told me that the transaction wasn't successful. Then I got home, booted up my bank phone app and it said that I had a minus value on my account (basically I owed them money in their eyes). Only thing is, I had money on my account so this shouldn't have happened... So I contacted them and they told me that their bank services costs money and that they've missed to take money from my account and therefore I owe them money because they made a miss.

But the thing is, it clearly said in the contract that their bank services was free until I was 21 years old... So I told them that, and apparently my original contract was invalid because............... Who the f knows!

So basically I'm rather pissed, have anything similar ever happened to you?


slow news day, eh?

My mother's a banker. There's some "perks" to having her cosigned on all my accounts. (and using her as my teller)
82334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/14

serifsansserif wrote:

slow news day, eh?

My mother's a banker. There's some "perks" to having her cosigned on all my accounts. (and using her as my teller)


Not surprising that there are perks from having her cosigned to your accounts. Often working at a financial institution, you can avoid some fees on your accounts, or get a discounted rate on loans. But that isn't much different from working at other places that might offer benefits of employment based on the industry (example, food industry - free or discounted food, software industry - free or discounted software, etc.)

It is surprising that you can use her as your teller, though. I don't know about banks specifically, but I work at a different type of financial institution and employees are restricted from being about to transact on their accounts at all. That is just one of the most basic of methods for attempting to prevent employee embezzlement/fraud. If that wasn't in place, auditors would have a fit.
4251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/24/14
Hmm.. You say banks are corrupt.. that is why there is a word known as bankruptcy when you say it right, it sounds like "Bank-Corrupt-cy"
22023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/24/14
It's usually called a maintenance fee. And you have to either have to have a certain amount of money in your bank account or have a monthly deposit of a certain amount. Well, that's for me, Bank of America. Once you meet those requirement, they stop the maintenance fee.
21202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 12/24/14
I use a credit union. So I have no problems.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.