First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Anime/Manga Deals/Sales Stories
24568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 9/5/14
I'm wondering what kind of cool deals people got on anime/manga and other related merchandise over the years. I know Crunchyroll has a store, but it doesn't have everything we all buy. So, what kind of deals have you gotten? Here are some of my recent ones. Pictures behind the spoilers.

$2.50 for a region 2 DVD of Digi Charat A Trip to the Planet. Includes English & Chinese Subtitles.
$10 for manga lot including - Cowboy Bebop (Vol 1-3); Trigun (Vol 1, hardcover!), Trigun (Vol 2); Trigun Maximum (Vol 1-2).


Didn't see anything like this. If there is something like it, feel free to lock this.
27490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 9/5/14
I just pay full retail price for the collections of anime that I desire. It's usually $45-$60 for 1 collection (11-13 episodes), but in the recent weeks, the store I bought from was doing half price, so bought every single Naruto Shippuden collection available.
Posted 9/5/14
Saved money on these fav anime of mine



24568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 9/5/14

saksiss wrote:

I just pay full retail price for the collections of anime that I desire. It's usually $45-$60 for 1 collection (11-13 episodes), but in the recent weeks, the store I bought from was doing half price, so bought every single Naruto Shippuden collection available.

I get that. I do sometimes too, but when I see a sale, used copies on Craigslist, etc - I tend to go that route more often.

The manga I posted, for example, was from a Craigslist ad. That same guy (if you leave near Reisterstown, MD) still has quite a bit of manga he's trying to sell: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bks/4610816876.html
27490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 9/5/14 , edited 9/5/14

mdmrn wrote:


saksiss wrote:

I just pay full retail price for the collections of anime that I desire. It's usually $45-$60 for 1 collection (11-13 episodes), but in the recent weeks, the store I bought from was doing half price, so bought every single Naruto Shippuden collection available.

I get that. I do sometimes too, but when I see a sale, used copies on Craigslist, etc - I tend to go that route more often.

The manga I posted, for example, was from a Craigslist ad. That same guy (if you leave near Reisterstown, MD) still has quite a bit of manga he's trying to sell: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bks/4610816876.html


I respect that people wish to bargain hunt. I am too, guilty of that pleasure, but when it comes to things I'm most passionate about like anime, I could never go with used copies or even if they're new and owned by someone else. My copies must be brand new from the stores, so I can take them back for a guaranteed refund if there's problems. That's just me anyway.
24568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 9/5/14

saksiss wrote:
I respect that people wish to bargain hunt. I am too, guilty of that pleasure, but when it comes to things I'm most passionate about like anime, I could never go with used copies or even if they're new and owned by someone else. My copies must be brand new from the stores, so I can take them back for a guaranteed refund if there's problems. That's just me anyway.


Fair enough. I'm okay with used when I can confirm quality of the video product. For me, I don't always keep cases so I'm not concerned with fancy cases on my anime products.
Dutch Moderator
30801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 9/5/14
You might want to put the Digi Charat dvd into the incinerator.
I'm fairly sure it's a bootleg.
24568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 9/5/14

George_z wrote:

You might want to put the Digi Charat dvd into the incinerator.
I'm fairly sure it's a bootleg.

I hope it's not. It's most definitely a Region 2 DVD so far from my experience trying to find something which will play the DVD. Here's a picture of the back of the DVD case.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 9/5/14


I bought all this at a anime convention 5 days ago.
Dutch Moderator
30801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 9/5/14 , edited 9/5/14
The picture is too blurry to make things out, but generally region 2 dvds do not have Chinese subtitles as China's dvd region is 6.

And as far as I am aware there is one company on this planet that is legitimately releasing dvds with both English and Chinese subtitles, which is Odex, based in Singapore and they may only release those as Region 3.

[edit]
On-topic:
My recent convention loot:
24568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 9/5/14

George_z wrote:

The picture is too blurry to make things out, but generally region 2 dvds do not have Chinese subtitles as China's dvd region is 6.

And as far as I am aware there is one company on this planet that is legitimately releasing dvds with both English and Chinese subtitles, which is Odex, based in Singapore and they may only release those as Region 3.

I'll have to check it in more detail when I get home, but that's disappointing. At least I only paid $2.50 for it!
7050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/5/14
I would have to say that the best deal I got was bleach vol 1 - 55 and one piece vol 1 - 65 I paid a total of $300. So I was very happy about that and that was my first ever manga purchase. I've been buying all the new volumes when they come out.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 9/5/14

George_z wrote:

The picture is too blurry to make things out, but generally region 2 dvds do not have Chinese subtitles as China's dvd region is 6.

And as far as I am aware there is one company on this planet that is legitimately releasing dvds with both English and Chinese subtitles, which is Odex, based in Singapore and they may only release those as Region 3.

[edit]
On-topic:
My recent convention loot:


Abunai?

13071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Hampshire
Offline
Posted 9/5/14
A couple weeks ago I got the first two volumes of Watamote for $12. So essentially I got one volume free. I was excited about that.
48449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 9/5/14
I don't know if this is a deal or not but I got this copy of Ouran Highschool Host Club for $26. The girl I bought it from was selling her collection because she wanted to buy a car. I also bought the S.A.V.E. edition of Romeo x Juliet for $3 at fye.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.