First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Taiga's technically NOT a tsundere?
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 9/8/14

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

Sounds like a tsundere to me.

edit: her VA alone makes her a tsundere.

edit2: her sexy VA


Its like saying that HanaKana only voices the cute moe characters when she has voiced characters like Ichiko from Binbougami ga!, Ono Daisuke has your typical bishounen when he has voiced people like K from VLR and Takehito Koyasu as your loud voiced and evil villain when he voiced Kyouhei from Date A Live."


You missed a good one! Its like saying Ragyo is a little boy because Romi Park is typically typecast as little boys!

104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/8/14 , edited 9/8/14

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

I question when in the anime did Taiga ever wanted to make Reiji fall for her? Instead of it just happened because the realization that they spent time together and they slowly started to be attracted to each other.



I never said she wanted to make Ryuuji fall for her, I said she wanted to make Kitamura fall for her.


Right... and the love interest at least the ending love interest was Ryuuji.

If at the end the person she was cold towards her love interest. This screams tsundere.

I want to say kitamura was used as fluffer.


But she wasn't cold to him because she loved him and couldn't express her feelings properly, she was only ever cold if he annoyed her, because her parent-child relationship was bad, and that alone doesn't make a tsundere.


I am trying to avoid generic because… it is a taboo word in the forums now. Haha.

Anyways, the tsundere archetype is built upon two distinct types the tsun part and dere part.

Brb driving. Was not in a car when typingn the first part.
71054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/8/14 , edited 9/8/14

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

But is struggling to express get their feelings across alone enough to gain the label of a 'tsundere'? If that's the case then 99% of anime females are tsunderes due to struggling to tell the person they love how they feel.

You're too hung up on the romantic angle as being the basis of the definition when it's not.

Being a tsundere is a personality archetype; it's not strictly a label for how someone deals with romantic feelings, it's how they act all the time because that's their personality. Look at how all the -dere types deal with embarrassment: yanderes blank out and kill all witnesses, kuuderes either glare you frozen or don't even realize something embarrassing happened (kuudere kind of encapsulates two distinct archetypes), tsunderes freak out and danderes drop dead.

If you repeat that experiment for various situations throughout Toradora! Taiga will consistently tick tsundere.

She's a softer tsundere but still a tsundere.

11417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 9/8/14

AnimeKami wrote:

I am trying to avoid generic because… it is a taboo word in the forums now. Haha.

Anyways, the tsundere archetype is built upon two distinct types the tsun part and dere part.

Brb driving. Was not in a car when typingn the first part.


Oh yeah, I added that to my comment. What I saw was while she was in love with Kitamura, she showcased the dere part, but never the tsun part. The tsun part would mean she acted cold to him before opening up, but from what we see she never did.
Posted 9/8/14
Taiga is just a Melodrama maker.

11417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 9/8/14

Insomnist wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

But is struggling to express get their feelings across alone enough to gain the label of a 'tsundere'? If that's the case then 99% of anime females are tsunderes due to struggling to tell the person they love how they feel.

You're too hung up on the romantic angle as being the basis of the definition when it's not.

Being a tsundere is a personality archetype; it's not strictly a label for how someone deals with romantic feelings, it's how they act all the time because that's their personality. Look at how all the -dere types deal with embarrassment: yanderes blank out and kill all witnesses, kuuderes either glare you frozen or don't even realize something embarrassing happened (kuudere kind of encapsulates two distinct archetypes), tsunderes freak out and danderes drop dead.

If you repeat that experiment for various settings throughout Toradora! Taiga will consistently tick tsundere.

She's a softer tsundere but still a tsundere.



An interesting point I'll give you that. Here, I'll message him and see if he gets back with a response.
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/8/14

AnimeKami wrote:


I am trying to avoid generic because… it is a taboo word in the forums now. Haha.

Anyways, the tsundere archetype is built upon two distinct types the tsun part and dere part.

Brb driving. Was not in a car when typingn the first part.



We have two parts the tsun and dere.

The engagements with kitamura was that of dere, love and affection throughout most of the series until that turning point where Taiga realized that her love cannot be reciprocated. I would say it was the brawl with the el presidente.

*sexy el presidente

The other half, tsun, this was directed to ryuuji and gradually shifted to the dere side. the moments leading to this is spoilers so [spoilers].

I would argue that Taiga is the deredere sub-type.
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 9/8/14
The only point I will make is that in the last episode Taiga headbutted Ryūji when he said he loved her. Her comment? You're not supposed to say embarrassing things like that in public. But I will agree that using such labels such as tsundere is like a quick guide to ANY character, but each character is, usually, far more deeper and complex than any simple label.
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/8/14

Gafennec wrote:

The only point I will make is that in the last episode Taiga headbutted Ryūji when he said he loved her. Her comment? You're not supposed to say embarrassing things like that in public. But I will agree that using such labels such as tsundere is like a quick guide to ANY character, but each character is, usually, far more deeper and complex than any simple label.


Are you sure on that?

Are you sure?

Are you?
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 9/8/14

AnimeKami wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

The only point I will make is that in the last episode Taiga headbutted Ryūji when he said he loved her. Her comment? You're not supposed to say embarrassing things like that in public. But I will agree that using such labels such as tsundere is like a quick guide to ANY character, but each character is, usually, far more deeper and complex than any simple label.


Are you sure on that?

Are you sure?

Are you?


Why wouldn't I be? Granted that my exposure to anime is much less than a lot of people here, but I think my observation is still valid. Besides I did qualify my statement with the word: usually.
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/8/14 , edited 9/29/16

Gafennec wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

The only point I will make is that in the last episode Taiga headbutted Ryūji when he said he loved her. Her comment? You're not supposed to say embarrassing things like that in public. But I will agree that using such labels such as tsundere is like a quick guide to ANY character, but each character is, usually, far more deeper and complex than any simple label.


Are you sure on that?

Are you sure?

Are you?


Why wouldn't I be? Granted that my exposure to anime is much less than a lot of people here, but I think my observation is still valid. Besides I did qualify my statement with the word: usually.


Anime has a way, or rather, finds a way with putting statements out of place regardless of qualifications or quantification.

30783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 9/8/14
One scene that jumps out at me that prompts me to say that she is a tsundere is when Ryuuji was drowning and Taiga was crying over him and pissed at everyone else for not noticing. She said something along the lines of "He's mine" when they tried to get him help, then later tried to explain what she meant by that in the standard tsundere way. In an anime like this I would be very surprised if anyone still thought she didn't have feelings for him at that point. Yet she still continued to treat him pretty poorly... I think.
49355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 9/8/14 , edited 9/8/14
Tsundere is someone who realizes that they are in love but when confronted with those feelings or having to deal with the object of their affections they get all flustered and resort to being grouchy as a defense mechanism. Of course, as others have said, it's a personality trait and doesn't necessarily have to involve a romantic interest. The person could be outwardly grumpy but inside they are kind-hearted and when found out they activate tsun-mode, again as a defense mechanism.

Taiga is a a tsundere.
14436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 9/8/14
Taiga is a textbook tsundere...
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 9/8/14 , edited 9/8/14

AnimeKami wrote:

I should mention that I dislike the fact that everyone only seems to know toradora for the sake of knowing toradora and that toradora is the only thing they mentioned because toradora is the only thing they have seen.

run on sentence, just watch more anime.


"Y'all need more Boku no Pico in yo lives."
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.