First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Best speaker set up for anime?
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 9/12/14
so i randomly decided to re watch Kill la kill, and remembering how amazing the soundtrack was, i decided to go grab my old desk top speakers and plug em into my laptop. Good ******* god, i am like climaxing from the sound.

However these speakers are OLD, like 10 years old. Its a bass speaker and 2 regular speakers.

What brand of speakers is best for viewing anime? I want a good set of speakers that really brings out the shine in some of the soundtracks by Hiroyuki Sawano and the like.

is their a particular brand i should keep my eyes out for?
Posted 9/12/14
Well bose is nice but expensive. ... so next best thing imo is logitech speakers got a set for $80 on sale and it's amazing c:
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 9/12/14
I actually use headphones
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 9/12/14

XXpoisonivyXX wrote:

Well bose is nice but expensive. ... so next best thing imo is logitech speakers got a set for $80 on sale and it's amazing c:


Hhmm alright, ill look for some logitech then ^^. the current brand im using is Labtec and they are pretty great despite the age xD




aha, i used to as-well.. but sometimes i like having my entire house filled with loud noises so everyone can revel in the greatness that is anime
Posted 9/12/14 , edited 9/13/14

AzazelOfNexium wrote:


XXpoisonivyXX wrote:

Well bose is nice but expensive. ... so next best thing imo is logitech speakers got a set for $80 on sale and it's amazing c:


Hhmm alright, ill look for some logitech then ^^. the current brand im using is Labtec and they are pretty great despite the age xD




aha, i used to as-well.. but sometimes i like having my entire house filled with loud noises so everyone can revel in the greatness that is anime :P


This is like the set I have ^^ yea on my phone atm so attached a screen shot hehe
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/12/14
At my local Target, I got some cheap speakers for $8.99, and let me just say.. REALLY GOOD sound.
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 9/12/14


wow, thats a pretty nice looking set :D, looks like it has alot of power :D. hopefully the computer store near me has something along those lines ^^. thanks for the picture reference
Posted 9/12/14


No problem and yea they pack a punch thats for sure c:
11413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 9/12/14
I'd love some speakers, but I don't want to annoy everyone else in the house :p
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 9/12/14 , edited 9/12/14
Anything that lets me listen to it clearly without blowing out my eardrums. Which, the seven year old speakers built-in to my computer monitor are just fine.

Nothing fancy.
5046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Palestine, Texas
Offline
Posted 9/12/14
I can't watch anime without my Ear force X42s. Great headset with built in surround sound, preset angles and a simple EQ. Only drawback is having to use batteries since they're wireless but it's not too bad since I've got rechargeable ones. Just my two cents.
66054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 9/12/14
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-High-Power-Speaker-CA-SP211NA/dp/B004H0MQYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410563802&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+sp2500

Corsair SP2500 -- best 2.1 computer speakers i've owned. they will go as loud as u want them to. put it like this, i can hear them from across the street @ 75% volume.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 9/12/14 , edited 9/12/14
A pair of Proac D40Rs and an ER1.... If you have a ton of money to spend.... You'll also need a good amp to run them, Levinson, McIntosh, Audio Research or Krell....

Something about 1/100the cost that will work dammmm good...

aliefian wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-High-Power-Speaker-CA-SP211NA/dp/B004H0MQYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410563802&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+sp2500

Corsair SP2500 -- best 2.1 computer speakers i've owned. they will go as loud as u want them to. put it like this, i can hear them from across the street @ 75% volume.


NewEgg is selling it for the same price....

17050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 9/13/14
For me, best setup for sound would definitely be a headset I have speakers but I don't think I've used them in a year, once you use a headset you can't go back to speakers!
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 9/13/14 , edited 9/13/14
I feel like any generic 2.1 L/R + Sub speaker set up that any store sells for $20~ is more than adequate for watching videos on your PC.

If you like your 10 year old speakers, you should just keep using them. Speakers aren't technologically blasting ahead of themselves every few years or anything. Manufacturers may want to convince you otherwise, but in essence they're pretty simple designed devices.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.