First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
A question is posed!
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 11/20/06
I agree, you should take time to atleast do a skimming proofread of your posts/thread titles, because really in the long run, you just look unintelligent when you can't even spell basic words right. Yes, we know what you mean, but lack of well constructed words/sentences just shows laziness, and the further crumbling of the English language. Have some respect for how you present yourself online, preview what you post, think about how it looks to other people, and what it says about yourself. You might just think that it's text and you can't tell anything about someone from the way they type, but you're wrong. When I see people "type lyke dis cuz itz kewl" I automatically assume they're either 13 and immature, or older and lazy AND immature. I take people more seriously when they take time to make sure what they typed makes sense, and looks well thought out, because it gives the sense that they know what they're talking about.
17206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/06

shugo1226 wrote:

yes


Plain but simple I like that, it'll solve every spelling error! Im positive of it!

17206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/06

Do0mAid wrote:

I agree, you should take time to atleast do a skimming proofread of your posts/thread titles, because really in the long run, you just look unintelligent when you can't even spell basic words right. Yes, we know what you mean, but lack of well constructed words/sentences just shows laziness, and the further crumbling of the English language. Have some respect for how you present yourself online, preview what you post, think about how it looks to other people, and what it says about yourself. You might just think that it's text and you can't tell anything about someone from the way they type, but you're wrong. When I see people "type lyke dis cuz itz kewl" I automatically assume they're either 13 and immature, or older and lazy AND immature. I take people more seriously when they take time to make sure what they typed makes sense, and looks well thought out, because it gives the sense that they know what they're talking about.


So true, your a role model to us all, with your perfect spelling and grammatical detail.

P.S: I think im 13 and 'immature', as you call it. Thank you very much. Have a wonderful, care-free day.
9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/06
This convo should be in the grammar thread.
Lax
3284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Eh?
Offline
Posted 11/20/06
This changed my opinion immensely.

More than half the people here have Firefox, part of it has the spelling checker, it says what word you spelled wrong!!! how the hell can you still have spelling problems.
And if people doesn't have firefox, they can use this http://www.spellcheck.net/
15140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 11/20/06
The short answer to this question is either A. English isn't their first language or B. they're under the age of 15
17206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/06

Lax wrote:

This changed my opinion immensely.

More than half the people here have Firefox, part of it has the spelling checker, it says what word you spelled wrong!!! how the hell can you still have spelling problems.
And if people doesn't have firefox, they can use this http://www.spellcheck.net/


I think Firefox's trademark catch-phrase says their motives quite well. "Taking back the web". Everytime you turn on Firefox, they get one step closer to taking over the world, I use opera, faster downloads, and its the 'under-dog'.

28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 11/20/06

naruto9817 wrote:


Do0mAid wrote:

I agree, you should take time to atleast do a skimming proofread of your posts/thread titles, because really in the long run, you just look unintelligent when you can't even spell basic words right. Yes, we know what you mean, but lack of well constructed words/sentences just shows laziness, and the further crumbling of the English language. Have some respect for how you present yourself online, preview what you post, think about how it looks to other people, and what it says about yourself. You might just think that it's text and you can't tell anything about someone from the way they type, but you're wrong. When I see people "type lyke dis cuz itz kewl" I automatically assume they're either 13 and immature, or older and lazy AND immature. I take people more seriously when they take time to make sure what they typed makes sense, and looks well thought out, because it gives the sense that they know what they're talking about.


So true, your a role model to us all, with your perfect spelling and grammatical detail.

P.S: I think im 13 and 'immature', as you call it. Thank you very much. Have a wonderful, care-free day.


I assume that, but does that mean it's always true? Of course not, and actually, my spelling and grammar isn't always perfect XD, but I try and that's the important part I suppose.

EDIT: YAY FOR CAPTIAN PICARD >_>! Oh and I agree David, I do hope people get something out of this thread!
9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/06
wH0e gavies A fliop ABOUTEy proopear spilling 0R grammier?
17206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/06

waffle26 wrote:

wH0e gavies A fliop ABOUTEy proopear spilling 0R grammier?


woo dats 1337ness

9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/06
n0 n00I3 , 7I-Ii5 15 1337n355.
12906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/20/06
Tell them to go to school!
4538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/20/06

waffle26 wrote:

n0 n0013 , 7I-Ii5 15 1337n355.


I seriously wanna know what that means. I'll give anyone a dog biscuit if you can translate that for me.
6326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hogwarts
Offline
Posted 11/20/06
n0 = no
n0013= noob

71-li5 15= this is

1337n355= bezness (business)? betness? leetness?

9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/06
I edited it. you are right. ur pretty good at this btw.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.