First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply Police killed a black man cosplaying as an anime character.
Posted 9/18/14 , edited 9/18/14

Moon_Phase06 wrote:

You can't apply them to everyone though. That'd just be ignorant. Tbh, none of the black stereotypes I've heard of apply to me.


Key word being "some".
46139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 9/18/14
It's not right, but it happens and people need to learn things that lessen the chance of this happening to them.

I'd suggest something like dropping everything, laying face down on the ground with hands in front of you shouting 'please don't kill me!!'.
Sure, most likely you've just humiliated yourself and embarrassed everyone around you for no good reason, but you'll be alive. Or if they do still kill you, they have a lot more paperwork to fill out for shooting a person in the back while face down on the ground. Maybe even an extra months suspension on full pay.
Posted 9/18/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


Moon_Phase06 wrote:

You can't apply them to everyone though. That'd just be ignorant. Tbh, none of the black stereotypes I've heard of apply to me.


Key word being "some".


lol I know what you said. You said some stereotypes are true, but that's incorrect. Some of them might apply to some people but not everyone.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 9/18/14
Mabe he thought the police were cosplayers.
I think the police shot at him before asking questions.
Some questions would have stopped this.
Posted 9/18/14

Moon_Phase06 wrote:

lol I know what you said. You said some stereotypes are true, but that's incorrect. Some of them might apply to some people but not everyone.


Some stereotypes are true, and apply to some people - should have added the second "some" so people wouldn't jump on the "I'm offended" bandwagon like always.

What happened in this case was wrong and it is sad that an innocent person lost his life, yet I'll say that the Black community has a lot of problems and does make many of the stereotypes about them true in turn time and time again. They keep feeding the stereotype and it does become true over and over.
7005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/18/14

Siawo wrote:

America, the land of the free

he was shot at the back? what a bunch of cowards, the same happened in Ferguson, the police is abusing of its power (not everyone)


The shooting in the back was proven false by autopsy from the victims family. All the shots that were fired into brown was from the front. Please check you're facts before saying untrue statements. A simple google search would of shown you the information.

I do agree with you on the fact that some of the police are abusing their authority i have met a few of those cops. Then again i have met ones that follow the rule of law they were sworn to uphold and protect.
Posted 9/18/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


Moon_Phase06 wrote:

lol I know what you said. You said some stereotypes are true, but that's incorrect. Some of them might apply to some people but not everyone.


Some stereotypes are true, and apply to some people - should have added the second "some" so people wouldn't jump on the "I'm offended" bandwagon like always.

What happened in this case was wrong and it is sad that an innocent person lost his life, yet I'll say that the Black community has a lot of problems and does make many of the stereotypes about them true in turn time and time again. They keep feeding the stereotype and it does become true over and over.


Every community has their problems, but just because a few bad apples live up to some stereotypes doesn't mean that everyone in that community does. That is pretty much what you keep saying. XD Most people tend to remember only the ones that do though. Unfortunately.
Posted 9/18/14 , edited 9/18/14

Moon_Phase06 wrote:

Every community has their problems, but just because a few bad apples live up to some stereotypes doesn't mean that everyone in that community does. That is pretty much what you keep saying. XD Most people tend to remember only the ones that do though. Unfortunately.


Every community does have its problems - that goes globally. But there are more than a "few bad apples" in the Black community in all honesty. Do I sound stereotypical? Yes, I do. Perhaps this comes from the fact that when I was a child, I unfortunately lived for some years in a crappy area where the crime rate was high and the area was dangerous and all the problems came from well, blacks. The area many years before was not populated by blacks, but more came and almost immediately the area became a ghetto and to this day it remains one and no one else will move there either. This was due to lack of education, family problems, fatherless homes, crime, drugs and other issues all of which play a part in the major demographic struggle of blacks not only across America (just look at the state of Chicago, Detroit Michigan - majority of so called "ghetto areas", but in other places too. Take a look at a lot of more poverty filled areas for example across Europe - who fills them a lot of the time?

Every community has its problems like you said and I agree - but the aforementioned problems seem to especially plague the black community and leads many to want to avoid them, and rope together even the successful blacks who are overshadowed by the bad examples of their others.

Is every Black person prone to crime, problems, etc? Of course not - they are great blacks who contribute to society instead of creating ghettos and bringing it down, making everyone want to avoid them. But to be honest, in the black community there are more who have problems and still want to continuously hold on to and blame the past than wanting to better themselves, work hard and change the preconceived notions of their race.

Many others of many different races start off poor but they strive to better themselves, and rise to the top. Many blacks don't do that, and therefore remain in a rut. We see this over and over and over.

Those "few" (and it is far more than few) bad apples in the black community bring everyone else down with them.
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 9/18/14
The cops in USA are sick.
24932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 9/18/14
There are cops who will shoot you at the drop of a hat even if you're white. They are not racist, just trigger-happy. Although most cops are great people, some are not, so you should be pretty afraid when speaking to one you don't know, since the ones who are not great people might just kill you.

Do you think a local cop who pulls me over pays attention to the color of my skin, or to the college parking sticker on my vehicle when he's deciding whether or not to ticket me? There is certainly a lot of prejudice in the world, but most blacks aren't mistreated because they're black. No ticket.
Posted 9/18/14 , edited 9/23/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


Moon_Phase06 wrote:

Every community has their problems, but just because a few bad apples live up to some stereotypes doesn't mean that everyone in that community does. That is pretty much what you keep saying. XD Most people tend to remember only the ones that do though. Unfortunately.


Every community does have its problems - that goes globally. But there are more than a "few bad apples" in the Black community in all honesty. Do I sound stereotypical? Yes, I do. Perhaps this comes from the fact that when I was a child, I unfortunately lived for some years in a crappy area where the crime rate was high and the area was dangerous and all the problems came from well, blacks. The area many years before was not populated by blacks, but more came and almost immediately the area became a ghetto and to this day it remains one and no one else will move there either. This was due to lack of education, family problems, fatherless homes, crime, drugs and other issues all of which play a part in the major demographic struggle of blacks not only across America (just look at the state of Chicago, Detroit Michigan - majority of so called "ghetto areas", but in other places too. Take a look at a lot of more poverty filled areas for example across Europe - who fills them a lot of the time?

Every community has its problems like you said and I agree - but the aforementioned problems seem to especially plague the black community and leads many to want to avoid them, and rope together even the successful blacks who are overshadowed by the bad examples of their others.

Is every Black person prone to crime, problems, etc? Of course not - they are great blacks who contribute to society instead of creating ghettos and bringing it down, making everyone want to avoid them. But to be honest, in the black community there are more who have problems and still want to continuously hold on to and blame the past than wanting to better themselves, work hard and change the preconceived notions of their race.

Many others of many different races start off poor but they strive to better themselves, and rise to the top. Many blacks don't do that, and therefore remain in a rut. We see this over and over and over.

Those "few" (and it is far more than few) bad apples in the black community bring everyone else down with them.


Well maybe it's time to move on from your childhood? lol I've had several bad experiences with a certain race, but do I actually group them all together? No. Why? It's not right. Simple as that. You make it sound like it's okay. Maybe a lot of people in the black community haven't made good choices, but why does that have to bring everyone else down? If you're smart you won't think badly of a community as a whole just because of what others in that community have done. People need to stop being so judgmental.

22500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 9/18/14 , edited 9/18/14
CCTV, my friend.
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 9/18/14 , edited 9/18/14
tfw people try to make me feel white guilt and i dont

To be bluntly honest. Its not a race issue until someone makes it one.

If this happened to be a white cosplayer, no one would give two fucks; If it was any race other than african american, it would not be turned into a race issue.

Its always a race issue if a white person does anything.

If i cut a black guy off while driving, so help me god i am a mother fucking racist.
If i accidentally bump into a black guy, i am a racist.

Its fucking annoying. Yes some people are racist, does that mean every time a black person is injured by police its a racist act? no it doesn't

People of every race are injured by cops on a daily basis, however, abuse against African Americans is the only thing that receives publicity because that's what all the teenage social justice fur fags have a hard on for.

Everyone is a little bit racist, if you say you are not, your a fucking liar and you should feel bad for being pretentious.

"Why is the population of African Americans in prison so high then?" Maybe its because most low income area's are african american communities, and most low income area's (anywhere in the world) are the ones that commit the most crimes because they are the ones in need of money.

when a black guy calls me "whitey" or "swan" (As they are called in this country) do i think its racist? nope. why would I?

I have gotten pulled over so many times by black cops in this country under the suspicion of selling cocaine (because apparently white people are the only ones who do cocaine) even though i am as law abiding as they come. Do i call it racist? no, i call it profiling and stereotypes.

Stereotypes wouldn't exist without some basis to create them. Most of those basis are pretty stupid, but they exist. Deal with it.

Stop calling everything a race crime.

This wasn't a race crime, it was the result of stupid un-trained police officers and a victim who didn't exactly follow the right train of action.

If you get nervous, you make them nervous, and a nervous police officer is quicker to grab his gun than a stable one.


17362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 9/18/14
That's Murica. I'm glad I don't live there.
Posted 9/18/14 , edited 9/18/14

Moon_Phase06 wrote:

Well maybe it's time to move on from your childhood? lol I've had several bad experiences with a certain race, but do I actually group them all together? No. Why? It's not right. Simple as that. You make it sound like it's okay. Maybe a lot of people in the black community haven't made good choices, but why does that have to bring everyone else down? If you're smart you won't think badly of a community as a whole just because of what others in that community have done. People need to stop being so judgmental.


It is not being judgmental. You don't even have to look at statistics. Look at the ghetto areas, look who lives there. Look at the violent crime, the gang violence - the gun issues. Look how dangerous certain areas are (downtown Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, south side Bronx. etc. etc. etc.), and look who populates those areas time and time and time again. Who causes the most problems in school or doesn't often get the best grades? Who doesn't strive to better themselves, and complain that more recent immigrants who have been here far less are doing far better? Who are the majority for all these things?

This isn't the past speaking, or not moving on from a childhood. This isn't stereotypes, this isn't basing something on one or two bad experiences. This is everyday life, this is what a lot of people see day in and day out from all walks of lives, and all places. This is something that has not changed, but is getting worse by the year.

The bad of the black community suffocates the ones who rise above that with stereotypes that many a time are the truth.

The black community mostly brings themselves down time and time again, but the majority only wants to blame others instead of striving to do better like others.

The stereotypes exists because there is a basis of truth for many, if not the majority of them.

Problem remains that people keep making excuses, blaming others. The moment you say something you're "racist", you're "biased", you're "judgmental".

That's why the problem is still there. That is why is persists like a poisonous gas and spread everywhere, pushing all others away. That's why it grows instead of shrinks.


18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 9/18/14
What happened to shoot to disable?

They don't need to resort to kill.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.