First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman Anticipation and Discussion
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 12/22/14

cay032692 wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

Lol you guys are judging this anime already based on one preview. Saying it's gonna be generic and everything. Anyone wanna make a bet with me? If you win I'll watch any anime of your choosing (as long as it's not one of those ridiculously long ones


What is the bet? Because, a quick wiki is about to wreck you D:


Bet is if it;s as boring and generic as you guys say it will be I will watch any anime (even the worst ones ever, just no long runners) you ask. And wiki;s are irrelevant you'll have to judge by watching every episode of the show.
64882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 12/31/14
This show has just been picked up by Funimation. The English title is World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman. Of course, that's a mouthful, so just World Break will do.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/31/14
All I see is Blade Dance.

But with not as cute girls.
xxJing 
37183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 12/31/14 , edited 12/31/14

dwilson2000 wrote:


cay032692 wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

Lol you guys are judging this anime already based on one preview. Saying it's gonna be generic and everything. Anyone wanna make a bet with me? If you win I'll watch any anime of your choosing (as long as it's not one of those ridiculously long ones


What is the bet? Because, a quick wiki is about to wreck you D:


Bet is if it;s as boring and generic as you guys say it will be I will watch any anime (even the worst ones ever, just no long runners) you ask. And wiki;s are irrelevant you'll have to judge by watching every episode of the show.


You are probably going to eat your words. I read like the first two chapters of the manga (that's all I could find, I don't feel like reading the LN). And while it does have an interesting PREMISE, it carries on exactly like Blade Dance or Infinite Stratos or whatever.
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 12/31/14

xxJing wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:


cay032692 wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

Lol you guys are judging this anime already based on one preview. Saying it's gonna be generic and everything. Anyone wanna make a bet with me? If you win I'll watch any anime of your choosing (as long as it's not one of those ridiculously long ones


What is the bet? Because, a quick wiki is about to wreck you D:


Bet is if it;s as boring and generic as you guys say it will be I will watch any anime (even the worst ones ever, just no long runners) you ask. And wiki;s are irrelevant you'll have to judge by watching every episode of the show.


You are probably going to eat your words. I read like the first two chapters of the manga (that's all I could find, I don't feel like reading the LN). And while it does have an interesting PREMISE, it carries on exactly like Blade Dance or Infinite Stratos or whatever.


How do you know if won't diverge from the source material? Besides you know how I am with this stuff by now.

62792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/14

Rito2Ru wrote:
All I see is Blade Dance.

But with not as cute girls.

I dunno, I see a freaking blonde battle maid.

Be still, my beating heart....
xxJing 
37183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 12/31/14

dwilson2000 wrote:


xxJing wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:


cay032692 wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

Lol you guys are judging this anime already based on one preview. Saying it's gonna be generic and everything. Anyone wanna make a bet with me? If you win I'll watch any anime of your choosing (as long as it's not one of those ridiculously long ones


What is the bet? Because, a quick wiki is about to wreck you D:


Bet is if it;s as boring and generic as you guys say it will be I will watch any anime (even the worst ones ever, just no long runners) you ask. And wiki;s are irrelevant you'll have to judge by watching every episode of the show.


You are probably going to eat your words. I read like the first two chapters of the manga (that's all I could find, I don't feel like reading the LN). And while it does have an interesting PREMISE, it carries on exactly like Blade Dance or Infinite Stratos or whatever.


How do you know if won't diverge from the source material? Besides you know how I am with this stuff by now.



because they never do. Grisaia and other animes adapted from a dating sim might because they adapt nonlinear source material. Also dating sims or visual novels actually tend to have somewhat unique stories. The purpose of anime based on Light Novels on the other hand is always to promote the LN. They want you to buy the LN to find out what happens next at the end of the season. The problem wth LNs though is that they have a very specific audience and what you can almost definitely expect from them is what works for every other LN author. In American Young Adult Literature you will pretty much always have a mary sue character in a love triangle with two hot guys. In LNs its ppretty much always some guy with a special power who has some problem to deal with while girls throw themselves at him.
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 12/31/14

xxJing wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:


xxJing wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:


cay032692 wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

Lol you guys are judging this anime already based on one preview. Saying it's gonna be generic and everything. Anyone wanna make a bet with me? If you win I'll watch any anime of your choosing (as long as it's not one of those ridiculously long ones


What is the bet? Because, a quick wiki is about to wreck you D:


Bet is if it;s as boring and generic as you guys say it will be I will watch any anime (even the worst ones ever, just no long runners) you ask. And wiki;s are irrelevant you'll have to judge by watching every episode of the show.


You are probably going to eat your words. I read like the first two chapters of the manga (that's all I could find, I don't feel like reading the LN). And while it does have an interesting PREMISE, it carries on exactly like Blade Dance or Infinite Stratos or whatever.


How do you know if won't diverge from the source material? Besides you know how I am with this stuff by now.



because they never do. Grisaia and other animes adapted from a dating sim might because they adapt nonlinear source material. Also dating sims or visual novels actually tend to have somewhat unique stories. The purpose of anime based on Light Novels on the other hand is always to promote the LN. They want you to buy the LN to find out what happens next at the end of the season. The problem wth LNs though is that they have a very specific audience and what you can almost definitely expect from them is what works for every other LN author. In American Young Adult Literature you will pretty much always have a mary sue character in a love triangle with two hot guys. In LNs its ppretty much always some guy with a special power who has some problem to deal with while girls throw themselves at him.

Darn already one step ahead of me, even making a rebuttal to my response before I even made my response. Oh well, I guess I was wrong. I'll still watch it though because fanservice lol.
28205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/14 , edited 12/31/14
Why does everyone seem to want to turn every harem or anime into some tragic love story with some other guy trying to steal the girl, girl/guy dies, or mind break crap... they are meant to be light and not much drama there are plenty of the others out there that are depressing shows.
8894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Baltimore, Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/1/15
no
41340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 1/1/15 , edited 1/1/15
Cant wait for this show to break out!

Posted 1/9/15
I watched the trailer last night and it looks like an anime I'll enjoy watching plus I'm happy it isn't Harem So I'm counting down the days till the 11th Ahhh...
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 1/9/15

_Janet_ wrote:

I watched the trailer last night and it looks like an anime I'll enjoy watching plus I'm happy it isn't Harem So I'm counting down the days till the 11th Ahhh...


Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is a harem. So if you don't want one, I wouldn't watch this is if I were you.
Posted 1/9/15

dwilson2000 wrote:


_Janet_ wrote:

I watched the trailer last night and it looks like an anime I'll enjoy watching plus I'm happy it isn't Harem So I'm counting down the days till the 11th Ahhh...


Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is a harem. So if you don't want one, I wouldn't watch this is if I were you.


Well I only saw two girls around the Main Character so I wouldn't consider that Harem unless it's more then three females chasing after him
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 1/9/15

_Janet_ wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:


_Janet_ wrote:

I watched the trailer last night and it looks like an anime I'll enjoy watching plus I'm happy it isn't Harem So I'm counting down the days till the 11th Ahhh...


Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is a harem. So if you don't want one, I wouldn't watch this is if I were you.


Well I only saw two girls around the Main Character so I wouldn't consider that Harem unless it's more then three females chasing after him


Here look at the picture in the link: http://myanimelist.net/anime/22663/Seiken_Tsukai_no_World_Break

I think there about four to give girls in that picture. Just trying to help you out because I don't want you going in expecting a love triangle and then getting disappointed about halfway through because you see more and more girls piling in.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.