First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
It's a trap!!
The Wise Wizard
99889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 9/20/14

Series5Ranger wrote:

The Trap that became a reverse trap:


You hotlinked to a site that doesn't allow it. While the message no doubt looks fine in your browser (due to the image still being in the cache), open it in another browser or on another machine and you'll see what everyone else sees: The image for a broken link.

When posting images to CR, it is always safest to upload them rather than hotlinking.

11916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 9/20/14 , edited 11/27/14

cleruninja wrote:


AikenGhoti wrote:

Shuichi Nitori, from Hourou Musuko (a.k.a. Wandering Son). An adorable, empathetic TG character, without the usual sexualization of the subject.


That title was truly fantastic.


I disagree that Nitori is a trap cuz he's an actual transgendered person who makes his own decision to become female (but is actually stuck living most of his life in boy's clothes). And the OP character is perfectly androgynous without needing to be considered a girl.
Rin-R 
9210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 9/20/14
Ah, don't forget Kyoroko

54605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 米国
Offline
Posted 9/20/14 , edited 9/20/14


I already read this manga so there not much I can tell you but one way to find out whether their are wearing bras is by their clothe but honestly I have a instinct when it comes to this stuff probably because I have read and watch to much trap

-Mastergold
40208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
99 / luftballons
Offline
Posted 9/20/14

KingKaio wrote:
I disagree that Nitori is a trap cuz he's an actual transgendered person who makes his own decision to become female (but is actually stuck living most of his life in boy's clothes). And the OP character is perfectly androgynous without needing to be considered a girl.

People usually use 'trap' for any person with whom, if they were to get intimate, they might discover something they weren't expecting. I was just going with that broad definition. If 'trap' is typically more narrowly defined than I'm assuming (e.g. ambiguously androgenous only), then you may have a point, but it seems to me that TG people are at least as common as androgenous people in the group that bears this name. See the posted thumbnails from earlier.

(I personally would not use the term 'trap' anyway. As you say, Shuichi is TG. She's not setting a trap, just being who she is inside: a she. I don't like people assigning implicit malice to TG/TS people who are just trying to resolve the difference between their identity and their body. On the other hand, sometimes it's better to take the term and make it your own, as I and my nerd brethren have done.)

18296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/20/14 , edited 11/27/14
Don't really like traps any more, mostly because they rely more on anime conventions than any sense of reality. Like this:

1. You have 14+year olds who somehow magically don't have male voices. One of the funniest things to watch was Strange+ having a trap character who actually had a male voice, and the cognitive dissonance was astounding.

2. You have essentially girl characters. Not just androgyny, characters who are drawn to female proportions suddenly passed off as male. Like the first pic of megumu on the thread-his hips are as wide as his shoulders, which shouldn't be even for a slender guy. It's not like the twins from Utarerwarumo where their clothes essentially hide their figures; it's straight up girl proportions.

3. Clothes in general. I think Saika from SNAFU is a good example. I mean, why would a guy wear a long t-shirt/nightshirt to bed, like a girl? Why would a guy cover his top when swimming? It feels like sometimes they want to just have a girl character in mannerisms, but for some reason we want BL too so its magically a guy.

It feels manipulative after awhile. I think himegoto was the worst, because it was all like; here are traps. There's no logic or reason why they are traps, and some of the trappiness was pushing the limits of reality (like the maid character) But we must have traps! So we'll remind you they aren't girls every now and then by showing their jimmies rustle in their pantsu.
12047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 9/21/14 , edited 11/27/14

dmdwriter wrote:
2. You have essentially girl characters. Not just androgyny, characters who are drawn to female proportions suddenly passed off as male. Like the first pic of megumu on the thread-his hips are as wide as his shoulders, which shouldn't be even for a slender guy.


Certainly it shouldn't be - if all people came in standardized proportions carefully selected and graded by preconception.

They don't.

54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Diamondhead,MS
Offline
Posted 9/26/14




38411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/26/14
Buzam from the anime adaptation of Vandread makes me question the boundaries of what can be defined as a "trap". After all she's been completely transformed physically with the exception of her voice and appears by the end of the series to have a settled into her new, if initially unwanted, identity.

Can Buzam really be defined as a trap or is she in a category all her own?
7268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/27/14

domvina wrote:

Buzam from the anime adaptation of Vandread makes me question the boundaries of what can be defined as a "trap". After all she's been completely transformed physically with the exception of her voice and appears by the end of the series to have a settled into her new, if initially unwanted, identity.

Can Buzam really be defined as a trap or is she in a category all her own?


Honestly, I don't know does a sex change end the trap? I still think it's a trap because of baldy falling for him but that's just my own opinion.
Posted 11/27/14 , edited 11/27/14

DoctorOS wrote:


domvina wrote:

Buzam from the anime adaptation of Vandread makes me question the boundaries of what can be defined as a "trap". After all she's been completely transformed physically with the exception of her voice and appears by the end of the series to have a settled into her new, if initially unwanted, identity.

Can Buzam really be defined as a trap or is she in a category all her own?


Honestly, I don't know does a sex change end the trap? I still think it's a trap because of baldy falling for him but that's just my own opinion.


I don't know. Seems unfair that you go through all this and still is labeled a trap. Without a doubt if it referred to a real person it would be seen as offensive.
13171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/14
23206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 11/27/14
7268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/29/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


DoctorOS wrote:


domvina wrote:

Buzam from the anime adaptation of Vandread makes me question the boundaries of what can be defined as a "trap". After all she's been completely transformed physically with the exception of her voice and appears by the end of the series to have a settled into her new, if initially unwanted, identity.

Can Buzam really be defined as a trap or is she in a category all her own?


Honestly, I don't know does a sex change end the trap? I still think it's a trap because of baldy falling for him but that's just my own opinion.


I don't know. Seems unfair that you go through all this and still is labeled a trap. Without a doubt if it referred to a real person it would be seen as offensive.


Though at the same time, How would we define a woman in the sense of anime. Being able to give birth? Having female genitalia (Born with or man-made)? Looking like/acting like a woman? This is all philosophical tripe though, all I can about is trap and them being adorable.
21519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Houston
Offline
Posted 11/29/14
You know, as a transgendered person, I didn't used to care that this term would be used to refer to confusingly androgynous people. I'm not really a politically correct type and tend to usually scoff at people who go overboard with that garbage.

That said, years of hearing, "I love traps," or, "It's a trap," has finally started wearing me down. It's flat out annoying anymore.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.