First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Designer babies anyone?
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 9/22/14
A kid that doesn't have gender will be cool like nor male or female.
Posted 9/22/14
we are so far away from genetic manipulation.
4349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Coporate America
Offline
Posted 9/22/14

ulrier wrote:

we are so far away from genetic manipulation.

not true scientists predict in at the most ten years we will be in the begining stages of this...
Posted 9/22/14

pandagamner wrote:


ulrier wrote:

we are so far away from genetic manipulation.

not true scientists predict in at the most ten years we will be in the begining stages of this...



Beginning. Let let tell you how beginnings can last billions of years.
4349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Coporate America
Offline
Posted 9/22/14
I would just want to make sure that they didn't have any genetic diseases and had healthy genes(no phycho genes) and where not to ugly rest is roll of the dice apperance ect...
24538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 9/22/14
Yes it's wrong. Let nature take it's course & have your baby the old fashioned way - getting it on & rolling the dice based on the genes of the two people making the baby.

I have 4 children, I wouldn't change their genetics to "perfect" for anything. My brother was born with one full leg and a small foot by his hip overseas. His imperfect genetics are part of the reason my parents ended up adopting him. He's now 20 yrs old and walks with a prosthetic. No, I don't like the idea of genetically engineered people.

Also, reminds me of the movie Gattaca.
4349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Coporate America
Offline
Posted 9/22/14

ulrier wrote:


pandagamner wrote:


ulrier wrote:

we are so far away from genetic manipulation.

not true scientists predict in at the most ten years we will be in the begining stages of this...



Beginning. Let let tell you how beginnings can last billions of years.

So you are one of those? Oh Well when it is right in your face message me so I can say "I told you so",
and thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake
Posted 9/22/14

pandagamner wrote:


ulrier wrote:


pandagamner wrote:


ulrier wrote:

we are so far away from genetic manipulation.

not true scientists predict in at the most ten years we will be in the begining stages of this...



Beginning. Let let tell you how beginnings can last billions of years.

So you are one of those? Oh Well when it is right in your face message me so I can say "I told you so",
and thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake


Ahat did you want anyway?
Posted 9/22/14
At the point where you're changing the genes of your offspring to differ from you and your partner's combinations (with the normal diversity that comes with cell cycles) --- I don't see the point of it (see *). At the time where your kid looks nothing like you because you changed their hair, eye color and skin color, ect, why not just adopt a kid? Doing mutations on your own crossed genes make it so they are not necessarily yours anymore. It wouldn't be your genetic success.

About your controversial part - most people can work hard enough to do most functions expected from any college major. I've done it. It is this idea people spread the idea that one must be a genius that prevents science from making meaningful advances and instead we're discussing this crap. If people were just encouraged a little I don't think I would have seen so many defeated premeds rushing for a beer instead of studying.

Now, I wouldn't mind this because I do believe it would mainly be for the very wealthy. When people realize this then they'll be in an uproar about yet another inequality. *I like the health benefits that can be made here, but the extras are just idiotic.
6023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/22/14
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 9/22/14 , edited 9/22/14
Yep.
I think it's safe to say everyone wants different things so we will still end up with variety.
16931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/22/14
Let you tell you one reason why people might want their kids to be genetically engineered

Hereditary Dieases. I have them from my mom and dad. Both of them are fairly minor right now but i rather have my kids born with no hereditary diseases, if that mean genetically engineering them ( assuming it is proven that there is no side effects )
11808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Crunchyroll HQ
Offline
Posted 9/22/14 , edited 9/22/14
I think its wrong and impossible to play god by doing this.
Posted 9/22/14
Absolutely disgusting, fake and shallow. You're making your child into what you want it to be forcefully - not what it will be on its own naturally.

Posted 9/22/14 , edited 9/22/14
This is like the movie "Gattaca"....to have your perfect child who in the end is not that perfect.

No thank you. I wouldn't do it.



Thfelese wrote:

A kid that doesn't have gender will be cool like nor male or female.


It might be cool for you but would it be for the kids?

It is better to let nature do its work and let the kids be whoever they want to be when they grow up instead of choosing a gender or no gender for them and then ruining their lives.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.