First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Favourite Harem MC's
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 9/25/14 , edited 9/25/14

nemoskull wrote:

rosairo vampire was like that, too. it was pretty much set who he ended up with, lol. not much of a harem.


Also sounds like Ai Yori Aoshi in that it was a love story between two characters and the rest of the 'harem' just don't realize it.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / San Fran
Offline
Posted 9/25/14
Keima Katsuragi is the only good harem lead.

("Facepalm" to any who says Araragi ...)
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 9/25/14
I'm pretty sure I'm the best one in this mortal plane.
563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/25/14 , edited 9/25/14
Kidou Eita (Oreshura) - Because this guy made a harem, got with a girl, ended his harem, AND REBUILT IT! THIS GUY'S A HAREM KING!
Itsuka Shido (Date A Live) - He conquers girls to save the world and has the best wingmen.
Katsuragi Keima (The World God Only Knows) - This guy also conquors girls to save the world and is a master at doing it.
Issei Hyodo (Highschool DxD) Issei actually acts like a man when there are sexy women around who's clothes get torn off.
Kyousaka Kyousuke (Oreimo) Since he's probably the only harem main character who went to reject the other girls and pick one.
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Diamondhead,MS
Offline
Posted 9/25/14

lolitaninja wrote:

Keima Katsuragi is the only good harem lead.

("Facepalm" to any who says Araragi ...)




I'll admit that I like Keima ,and to be honest, I feel bad for him as well.The guy gets the short end of the stick on love. It's a raw deal if you ask me. Also, 'Godmode' is OP.
Koyomi, despite the fact that he can be down right creepy at times, is a good guy at heart. He stays loyal to Hitagi (a couple of close calls, but stays faithful). If I compare Koyomi to
Tomoki (Heaven's Lost Property) or Makoto (School Days), he is a likable guy. Hmmmm.... Makoto might be a bad example. Tsukune (Rosario+Vampire) is a better example. Compared to those two, i'll take Koyomi 110% of the time.
Bavalt 
22029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/25/14
Koyomi Araragi's one of my favorite anime protagonists period. He's a good person, and is willing to do a lot to help people out, including put his own safety on the line against opponents he has zero chance of actually beating in a fight: his solution is always to try and talk them down. He also offers good advice to people without ever sounding condescending. On top of all that, he's a total oddball, and is perfectly comfortable doing ridiculous, embarrassing things for the sake of comedy. Dude's a boss.
15473 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 9/25/14
I've watched so many harems I've a hard time picking a favorite MC, but I know what personality traits I like to see.

I like the MC to care and worry for the girls. I like Kyousaka Kyousuke's ability to turn the other cheek at the small things for the greater good. He takes the girl's s**t because he doesn't mind. He understands they trust him enough to vent around him, towards his person.

I think Issei Hyodo is a great example of what I like about harem MCs. He takes care of his girls, looks out for their safety and they repay him with love, both physically and mentally. Best of all, he knows how to admire that affection. Also, Minato Sahashi reminds me a lot of Issei's way of loving his harem. Minato just has a hard time enjoying the affection he earns because he worries so much.

Tsukune, well he had eyes for just one girl and treated her as such. Just not nearly as fun as loving all the girls. Like, Kio Kakazu did with all his girls, even the ones from off planet. I think Kazuya Saotome is a nice middle ground of these two, he had eyes for one girl but he loved them all just as much as the others.

I've a hard time calling him a leader of a harem, but Koyomi Araragi is on par if not higher then even Issei. He may not understand the recoil from the way he shows affection to all the girls but he would literally put his life before theirs any day. It kind of helps to be able to regenerate in order to throw yourself between your harem and danger. I also feel like Araragi goes beyond the normal standards of harem members.
Sure, we have Kimihito Kurusu with his monster harem of all different species and he treats them all equally, but Araragi goes even beyond that, I feel like.

Araragi allows demons, loli, forbidden love, catgirls, soulless totems?, and spirits join his harem. The only requirement for Araragi's harem is to be a girl with troubles, and even then he allows other girls that would assist him with other girl's troubles. Wait, I can simplify this. The only requirement is to be a girl. Hmmmm, at least as far as the anime is concerned.

I won't say anything about Makoto because I feel like he didn't have or want a harem. I'm one of those that enjoys the theory, it was all the girls faults, he is innocent to about 50%.

I'm sure I'm missing many other great harem MCs, these are just the ones always at the front of my brain.
67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 9/25/14
If Rito Yuuki was leaning more towards Lala than Haruna, I'd like him more.
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu's Yuto since he marries the main heroine in the anime and has a brief love scene with her.
Freezing's Kazuya since he is so devoted to Satellizer while Sekirei's Minato is a caring guy who gets his first kiss by the 1st chick.
15028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/26/14
I haven't read more than the first dozen or so chapters of the manga, but the MC of Trinity Seven (anime this fall) is amazing and easily the highlight of the series. Can't wait for it to start.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / San Fran
Offline
Posted 9/26/14

Bavalt wrote:

Koyomi Araragi's one of my favorite anime protagonists period. He's a good person, and is willing to do a lot to help people out, including put his own safety on the line against opponents he has zero chance of actually beating in a fight: his solution is always to try and talk them down. He also offers good advice to people without ever sounding condescending. On top of all that, he's a total oddball, and is perfectly comfortable doing ridiculous, embarrassing things for the sake of comedy. Dude's a boss.


A boss?! Gimme a break...how can a doormat be a boss?
Bavalt 
22029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/27/14 , edited 9/27/14

lolitaninja wrote:


Bavalt wrote:

Koyomi Araragi's one of my favorite anime protagonists period. He's a good person, and is willing to do a lot to help people out, including put his own safety on the line against opponents he has zero chance of actually beating in a fight: his solution is always to try and talk them down. He also offers good advice to people without ever sounding condescending. On top of all that, he's a total oddball, and is perfectly comfortable doing ridiculous, embarrassing things for the sake of comedy. Dude's a boss.


A boss?! Gimme a break...how can a doormat be a boss?


But he's not a doormat. He always confronts the problem, despite the fact that it's usually more than he can handle, and he always comes through: not because he can just beat the other party into submission, but because he's right. He either convinces them they're making a mistake, or fails to and then has to actually defeat them. He's willing to use force (or more commonly, guile) if necessary, but he gives his enemies every opportunity to amend their behaviour without having to resort to that. He respects them enough to believe they'll be able to change on their own, and has the insane durability sometimes necessary to give them the chance to do that - while interposing himself between the threat and those who could be hurt by it. He's the polar opposite of a doormat: his tenacity is one of his defining traits. Not only does he stubbornly refuse to give up on protecting the people he cares about: he stubbornly refuses to give up on his enemy as well, so long as he puts nobody at risk in doing so.
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 9/27/14
Favorite MC from my favorite harem. I want another season so bad
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / San Fran
Offline
Posted 9/27/14

Bavalt wrote:


lolitaninja wrote:


Bavalt wrote:

Koyomi Araragi's one of my favorite anime protagonists period. He's a good person, and is willing to do a lot to help people out, including put his own safety on the line against opponents he has zero chance of actually beating in a fight: his solution is always to try and talk them down. He also offers good advice to people without ever sounding condescending. On top of all that, he's a total oddball, and is perfectly comfortable doing ridiculous, embarrassing things for the sake of comedy. Dude's a boss.


A boss?! Gimme a break...how can a doormat be a boss?


But he's not a doormat. He always confronts the problem, despite the fact that it's usually more than he can handle, and he always comes through: not because he can just beat the other party into submission, but because he's right. He either convinces them they're making a mistake, or fails to and then has to actually defeat them. He's willing to use force (or more commonly, guile) if necessary, but he gives his enemies every opportunity to amend their behaviour without having to resort to that. He respects them enough to believe they'll be able to change on their own, and has the insane durability sometimes necessary to give them the chance to do that - while interposing himself between the threat and those who could be hurt by it. He's the polar opposite of a doormat: his tenacity is one of his defining traits. Not only does he stubbornly refuse to give up on protecting the people he cares about: he stubbornly refuses to give up on his enemy as well, so long as he puts nobody at risk in doing so.


Well, from what I've seen, he got whipped by Hitagi all the time. Not very boss-like behavior, if you ask me.
Posted 9/27/14 , edited 9/27/14
Kyoussuke Kousaka is probably one of the funnier ones I've seen.

205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ergastulum
Offline
Posted 9/27/14
You forgot three people .
Tenchi
and
his
bother
Kenshi

and my favorite
Atrata of trinity 7
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.