First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
How to tea?
Posted 10/1/14

itskisecchi wrote:

I boil some water in a kettle and depending on whether the tea is of a loose-leaf variety or in a tea bag, I put it into a cup of the boiled water (if it's loose-leaf I use a strainer) and I'm done. I don't have milk in my tea and generally don't have any sugar either, unless it's green tea - that stuff is super bitter!


Do you use boiling water for green tea?
or do you use old green tea?
356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Melbourne, Australia
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


itskisecchi wrote:

I boil some water in a kettle and depending on whether the tea is of a loose-leaf variety or in a tea bag, I put it into a cup of the boiled water (if it's loose-leaf I use a strainer) and I'm done. I don't have milk in my tea and generally don't have any sugar either, unless it's green tea - that stuff is super bitter!


Do you use boiling water for green tea?
or do you use old green tea?



I don't wait long before drinking my green tea - I like it hot. I put 1 and a half teaspoons of sugar to balance out the bitterness, though. How about you? (If you drink green tea)
Posted 10/1/14

itskisecchi wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


itskisecchi wrote:

I boil some water in a kettle and depending on whether the tea is of a loose-leaf variety or in a tea bag, I put it into a cup of the boiled water (if it's loose-leaf I use a strainer) and I'm done. I don't have milk in my tea and generally don't have any sugar either, unless it's green tea - that stuff is super bitter!


Do you use boiling water for green tea?
or do you use old green tea?



I don't wait long before drinking my green tea - I like it hot. I put 1 and a half teaspoons of sugar to balance out the bitterness, though. How about you? (If you drink green tea)


I drink it straight no milk or sugar. I once tried some bad tea out of desperation but it was unbearable and I couldn't finish it.

Normally I don't let the water get past 80'C because that burns the leaves and removes the air, making the water heavier.
I also refuse to drink any green tea older than 1 year or hasn't been kept in good conditions.
31055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / O
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
Ummmm, I have an electric kettle... xD
25969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
Microwave a cup/glass of water for 2-3 min (basically until it starts boiling). Dump your tea bag or tea leafs for 4-5 min (This allows for the maximum amount of ECGC to be released; you can leave the bag in if you want). Drink it while it's hot or warm. Cold tea tastes horrible!

If you want to be a little bit more fancy and help your internal system, you can add half a lemon and a spoon of honey to help clean your intestine.

17712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

Hroun wrote:

In England, we place teabag in the cup first, pour freshly boiled water into the cup and (depending how hard the water is in your area) stir frequently for around two minutes. Strain and remove the teabag, add sugar (if desired), add more water if the teabag held too much water after straining, then add a splash of milk.

In London the water is very hard, so if it isn't stirred you will end up with a thin layer of.. I guess chalky sediment on top of the tea.. is harmless but doesn't look nice.

P.S. Don't listen to those who put cold milk in the cup first with the teabag.. heretics and neanderthals. :P
Feels like deja vu.

My Chinese history teacher thinks the tea culture in the uk is an abomination. He also think Lipton is an abomination.
11969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
I put loose chai tea in a tea ball in a cup and boil water on the stove. Pour the water over the tea ball and let it steep in the cup for a few minutes before removing the tea ball. Then I add a teaspoon of honey, a touch of vanilla and a bit of half and half and I'm ready to go.
2133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / SoCal
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
Weed tea.

It's a thing.
6209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / NB / US
Offline
Posted 10/1/14 , edited 10/1/14
I mostly buy pre-made tea. Like Arizona or other brands. I mostly purchase green tea in those regards.

But if I do happen to have tea bags, I boil water with a kettle and put tea bags into a cup after.
Hroun 
7561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


Hroun wrote:

In England, we place teabag in the cup first, pour freshly boiled water into the cup and (depending how hard the water is in your area) stir frequently for around two minutes. Strain and remove the teabag, add sugar (if desired), add more water if the teabag held too much water after straining, then add a splash of milk.

In London the water is very hard, so if it isn't stirred you will end up with a thin layer of.. I guess chalky sediment on top of the tea.. is harmless but doesn't look nice.

P.S. Don't listen to those who put cold milk in the cup first with the teabag.. heretics and neanderthals. :P
Feels like deja vu.

My Chinese history teacher thinks the tea culture in the uk is an abomination. He also think Lipton is an abomination.


To be fair, I'm not a fan of Lipton. PG tips pyramid bag or even supermarket brand tea trumps Lipton for me. I think eating dogs is an abomination, but that's just the way cultures are. :P

9452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
Ice tea personally
51869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
Pour water into a cup
put cup in microwave
take out hot cup
get tea bag and "tea bag"
add a little sugar
drink tea
12589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / MO
Offline
Posted 10/2/14
I prefer to use my tea maker but I can make it on the stove as well, but my usual method of creation is 2 bags of black tea and 1 bag of green, my try switching it up and try it 2 green and 1 black but I don't know yet.
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/2/14

Hroun wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:


Hroun wrote:

In England, we place teabag in the cup first, pour freshly boiled water into the cup and (depending how hard the water is in your area) stir frequently for around two minutes. Strain and remove the teabag, add sugar (if desired), add more water if the teabag held too much water after straining, then add a splash of milk.

In London the water is very hard, so if it isn't stirred you will end up with a thin layer of.. I guess chalky sediment on top of the tea.. is harmless but doesn't look nice.

P.S. Don't listen to those who put cold milk in the cup first with the teabag.. heretics and neanderthals. :P
Feels like deja vu.

My Chinese history teacher thinks the tea culture in the uk is an abomination. He also think Lipton is an abomination.


To be fair, I'm not a fan of Lipton. PG tips pyramid bag or even supermarket brand tea trumps Lipton for me. I think eating dogs is an abomination, but that's just the way cultures are. :P



haha good one
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.