First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
DVD/Blurays from the US to the UK
13329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK, Hampshire
Offline
Posted 12/9/14 , edited 12/9/14

Phraquards wrote:

So up1 have US titles in stock over in the UK and they send us them?


I think unless they list it as region 1 they should be region 2 always check the back however just in case.
67934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 12/9/14 , edited 12/9/14

Phraquards wrote:

So up1 have US titles in stock over in the UK and they send us them?


Yes, they get new shipments in every couple of weeks (they just got in a new shipment yesterday which had my order of a Certain Magical Index Season 2 Part 2 which just came out in the US and some other ones)

if the dvd is not currently in stock or is a pre-order they can get it in for you (you don't pay for anything until the item is in stock and being sent to you).

Its worth having a look on the website (www.up1.co.uk) to see if they have the titles your interested in. I've been buying all my anime from them since 2006 after meeting them at London Comic Con
67934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 12/9/14 , edited 12/9/14
They do list on the website which ones are American, British and Australian with all the region codes
47496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 12/9/14 , edited 12/9/14

Phraquards wrote:

So up1 have US titles in stock over in the UK and they send us them?


What do you mean?
47496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 12/9/14 , edited 12/9/14

Deathwatch101 wrote:



Acturly removing region codes isn't illegal it may affect warranties but its not illegal its a grey area as its not in any laws its a company made thing to control customers.


If a DVD/Blu-Ray contains copyrighted material then it's illegal to edit anything on the disc due to it being a breach of copyright. And yes, you can call it a gray area.
9172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/9/14 , edited 12/9/14
Hmmmm I will need to look into getting a Multi region DVD/Blu-ray player so I can check these guys out.
39331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Tralfamadore
Offline
Posted 12/9/14 , edited 12/10/14
I have a LG BP330 Blu-ray(DVD) region free player, so I can play discs from anywhere. Bought on amazon.ca.
8801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 12/9/14 , edited 12/10/14
Buying blurays here in the UK, Amazon.co.uk and Ebay.co.uk are best most of the time. However for the few blurays that are only available in other regions, you can go to otaku.co.uk which is basically a shop here in the UK that sell stuff that are imports (like blurays that are only available in another region), they do free delivery and you wont have to pay extra charges and import charges etc etc.

13329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK, Hampshire
Offline
Posted 12/11/14 , edited 12/11/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:



If a DVD/Blu-Ray contains copyrighted material then it's illegal to edit anything on the disc due to it being a breach of copyright. And yes, you can call it a gray area.


Thats why you crack your pc's region registering.
47496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 12/11/14 , edited 12/11/14

Deathwatch101 wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:



If a DVD/Blu-Ray contains copyrighted material then it's illegal to edit anything on the disc due to it being a breach of copyright. And yes, you can call it a gray area.


Thats why you crack your pc's region registering.


Or maybe you just watch the DVD/blu-ray in vlc where you don't need to do a thing...
13329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK, Hampshire
Offline
Posted 12/12/14 , edited 12/12/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:



Or maybe you just watch the DVD/blu-ray in vlc where you don't need to do a thing...


That depends half of the stuff doesn't come to the UK at least not very quickly.
47496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 12/12/14 , edited 12/12/14

Deathwatch101 wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:



Or maybe you just watch the DVD/blu-ray in vlc where you don't need to do a thing...


That depends half of the stuff doesn't come to the UK at least not very quickly.


What I meant to say was that VLC plays every DVD/Blu-Ray, no matter what region it's in.

If you try to play a region 1/A on a region B/2 DVD/Blu-Ray player then it won't work in software like Windows Media Player. However, it will work in VLC without the need to fiddle around with the DVD/Blu-Ray player.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.