where can I watch Haruhi?
7348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 9/26/14
So I want to watch the Haruhi series because I hear its good, and since the new show is coming In January I want to be caught up. I know the series was on crunchyroll up until a month ago, but it isn't anymore. So I was wondering where I could watch it? Thanks for your time
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 9/26/14 , edited 9/26/14
Which Haruhi? I know there is at least 2.

Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club can be found at *cough*
*/cough* at least for 8 episodes if not the entire first season.


Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya can be found at. *cough*
/*cough*

7348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 9/26/14 , edited 9/27/14
thank you! I wanted Haruhi Suzumiya btw,
Secret Moderator
12280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/14

Thehoennhippo wrote:

thank you! I wanted Haruhi Suzumiya btw,


had you come a month earlier, we still had the license to Haruhi. It was pulled from our archives recently as we reached the end of our license with the publisher.
18066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 9/27/14
Yea , I just started watching the series , found out which order to watch in , finished episode 3 & it's gone ! Who is showing it now ?
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 9/27/14
hulu dont have it.
netflix dont have it either.
a search for 'haruhi' on funimation came up empty.

daisuki.net dont have it either (note to mods, i assume daisuki.net is legal....not sure. please delete as nessasary)

looks like your outta luck. tho ebay has it
15028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/27/14
Funimation announced they purchased the license for the Haruhi series 2 months ago (August 14), so it will probably go up on their site soon.

For now, it was removed from Crunchyroll and isn't available on Netflix, Hulu, or others (that I'm aware of).

By the way, I'll add a note that I personally recommend viewing the show in the original broadcast order - it's more confusing (which is not necessarily a bad thing), but the pacing is much better in my opinion.
14458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Jacksonville, Texas
Offline
Posted 9/27/14 , edited 9/27/14

ferventtomato wrote:

Funimation announced they purchased the license for the Haruhi series 2 months ago (August 14), so it will probably go up on their site soon.


I highly doubt it (in reference to it being on their site soon). We still have yet to see many of their formerly-Bandai titles which were announced over a year ago. (Among them were Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, Crest of the Stars, and others.) They have only just recently (within the last few months) made .hack/Sign and Eureka Seven available. Though I could be wrong, I would think that the titles they announced last year would take precedence, so I doubt we'll see TMoHS anytime soon. If I had to guess, they'll probably put the subtitled episodes on the site close to when they release the series on DVD/Blu-ray, and that probably won't take place for at least another year. They might also only be available to Funimation subscribers for a while before they make them available to stream for free (like on Hulu).
Posted 9/27/14
Where can't you?
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 9/27/14
I apologize to all. I didn't know the place that had it was considered an illegal anime site. I was always reticent about mentioning ANY other website because, well, it's not Crunchyroll. Now I am embarrassed and ashamed. To avoid any future mistakes is there a place I can find a list of legit anime sites?
42650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 9/27/14

Gafennec wrote:

I apologize to all. I didn't know the place that had it was considered an illegal anime site. I was always reticent about mentioning ANY other website because, well, it's not Crunchyroll. Now I am embarrassed and ashamed. To avoid any future mistakes is there a place I can find a list of legit anime sites?
Here's some older threads on that. Things can change, though, so some of these may no longer be available...

/forumtopic-535224
/forumtopic-860163
29767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 9/27/14

Gafennec wrote:To avoid any future mistakes is there a place I can find a list of legit anime sites?


I don't know of a full list, but there are... not many. Besides the obvious Crunchy, Hulu, and Netflix, there's daisuki.net and aniplexchannel.com (both of those are directly owned by the relevant Japanese production companies), but they don't have much and almost all of it is available elsewhere. The Viz Media ("Neon Alley") and Funimation sites are also legal, though most of the time they just link to Hulu. I think that's pretty much all of them.

Haruhi is a Bandai thing and they seem to have completely lost interest in marketing anything to the U.S., so none of those sites have it anymore.
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/14

kotomikun wrote:


Gafennec wrote:To avoid any future mistakes is there a place I can find a list of legit anime sites?


I don't know of a full list, but there are... not many. Besides the obvious Crunchy, Hulu, and Netflix, there's daisuki.net and aniplexchannel.com (both of those are directly owned by the relevant Japanese production companies), but they don't have much and almost all of it is available elsewhere. The Viz Media ("Neon Alley") and Funimation sites are also legal, though most of the time they just link to Hulu. I think that's pretty much all of them.

Haruhi is a Bandai thing and they seem to have completely lost interest in marketing anything to the U.S., so none of those sites have it anymore.


Well, if you pay for a subscription, you get more content on Funimation.

There is also The Anime Network (http://www.theanimenetwork.com/). But, you also have to pay for a subscription to get anything beyond links to Hulu.

Another legal option is Amazon Prime. Thay have a decent selction of Anime too.

But, as far as Haruhi goes, you will either have to wait for Funimation or travel to the dark side.
15028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/27/14
There are also some companies (like Funimation) that have full seasons on their YouTube channel (you'll need to be in the US though).
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 9/27/14
Hi there ^,^!

Next time you have a question please feel free to ask them in one of these threads:

> /forumtopic-10664/the-anime-help-thread
> /forumtopic-1099/the-general-helpadvice-thread
> /forumtopic-809811/the-manga-help-thread
> etc.

As this is a personal thread. This thread is closed.
You must be logged in to post.