First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
[Poll] Most anticipated Fall 2014 Anime?
40974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Jackson, MS
Offline
Posted 9/29/14
Selector Spread Wixoss and Cross Ange for me.


Sogno- wrote:


TheAZ126 wrote:
Okami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji --Because it's a shoujo; I have a weakness for shoujo--but if the guy ends up being a jerk for no good reason, then I may end up hating it...


er well you may hate it i for one really like it , and i don't like jerk guys either. But he's more a tsundere/kuudere than anything. I love tsundere males.


That's surprising. In the preview, the guy looked like a total jerk to me.
22200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/29/14
I'm surprised how little votes Nanatsu no Taizai is getting the manga is amazing i'm definitely looking forward to this.
22200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/29/14
a new studio has worked on the second season and there track record is pretty bad so just be prepared
5654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 9/29/14

xXNephilimHunterXx wrote:

a new studio has worked on the second season and there track record is pretty bad so just be prepared


second season to what?
47236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/29/14
Fate/Zero was one of my favorite anime of all time (if only they didn't have to have a stupid ending to match up with Fate/Stay Night). So maybe this new one will be just good *fingers crossed*

And after finally getting through all the PVs I have to say Psycho-Pass 2 didn't look for good. Which makes me sad

And 200 votes! Thanks to everyone who voted
Bavalt 
22029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/29/14
If I had to pick one, it'd be Grisaia no Kajitsu. The original VN ranks among my top five, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it animated. I just hope they manage to adapt the plot well, which is often an issue for VN-based anime.

I'm also looking forward to Fate/Stay Night, DENKI-GAI (which seems like it could be something like Working!!, which I loved), Selector Spread WIXOSS (Selector Infected was good, but not great, and I'm hoping this one can reach a bit higher), and Chaika season 2 (mostly because I love the setting to bits - that's science-fantasy done right).
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 9/29/14
Fate/Stay Night is definitely my most anticipated of the year.

And it looks like it's winning in the poll so that's nice.
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 9/29/14
Everyone of these anime already > Fate/Stay Night Remake

But Sora no Method for the win!
Sogno- 
45646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/29/14

the_song_of_anime wrote:



Maybe that's why I'm not excited about fate/stay night..


this is why i AM excited about it


EJHicks wrote:


Sogno- wrote:


TheAZ126 wrote:
Okami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji --Because it's a shoujo; I have a weakness for shoujo--but if the guy ends up being a jerk for no good reason, then I may end up hating it...


er well you may hate it i for one really like it , and i don't like jerk guys either. But he's more a tsundere/kuudere than anything. I love tsundere males.


That's surprising. In the preview, the guy looked like a total jerk to me.


well, he is but character development, he does get better. In a tsundere way. Um but I don't remember any instances where he physically abuses her, unlike most jerkish guys that often appear in shoujo. However it is the typical guy-is-jerk-to-girl-yet-she-falls-in-love trope. (I will never understand that) But she's not a whiny, cry-at-everything lead, she's pretty happy-go-lucky and positive, so that makes her different than most heroines in this genre.

all that to say, at least give it a try. ^^ if you can't tell i adore the manga XD

40974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Jackson, MS
Offline
Posted 9/29/14

Sogno- wrote:


the_song_of_anime wrote:



Maybe that's why I'm not excited about fate/stay night..


this is why i AM excited about it


EJHicks wrote:


Sogno- wrote:


TheAZ126 wrote:
Okami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji --Because it's a shoujo; I have a weakness for shoujo--but if the guy ends up being a jerk for no good reason, then I may end up hating it...


er well you may hate it i for one really like it , and i don't like jerk guys either. But he's more a tsundere/kuudere than anything. I love tsundere males.


That's surprising. In the preview, the guy looked like a total jerk to me.


well, he is but character development, he does get better. In a tsundere way. Um but I don't remember any instances where he physically abuses her, unlike most jerkish guys that often appear in shoujo. However it is the typical guy-is-jerk-to-girl-yet-she-falls-in-love trope. (I will never understand that) But she's not a whiny, cry-at-everything lead, she's pretty happy-go-lucky and positive, so that makes her different than most heroines in this genre.

all that to say, at least give it a try. ^^ if you can't tell i adore the manga XD



I was going to ignore this completely but now I'll probably give it a go if it's on CR, which is pretty likely considering its a shoujo but not guaranteed.

I also will never understand why people fall in love with jerks/jerkettes.
47236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/29/14
I don't know if I'm going to watch any shoujo. I always say that and end up watching one anyways. This season it was Monthly Girls.

I guess I've just moved onto josei

Though My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU really impressed me, so I have hope for this season still

215137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 9/30/14

the_song_of_anime wrote:

And after finally getting through all the PVs I have to say Psycho-Pass 2 didn't look for good. Which makes me sad


How come?
17386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 9/30/14

Le_Dom wrote:


Okocha119 wrote:


the_song_of_anime wrote:


stark700 wrote:

SHOCKING TRUTH.

Eh, eagerly waiting for Fate/Stay Night: UBW, Psycho Pass 2, Log Horizon 2, and the Gundam shows.

Haha

I didn't think Fate/Stay Night was that popular. Fate/Zero was amazing.. but Fate/Stay Night was.. horrible.


Wait, what? Yeah, Studio DEEN's version was a let down, but the original VN is still very good. Plus it's fecking ufotable doing it, they could make a show about farts look like the best thing ever, so with UBW being a rather action heavy scenario, you can bet your buttom on the Anime at least kicking ass in the action scenes. So yeah, I think the excitement is completely legitimate.


I would say that Deen's F/SN was a well done adaptation...thing is it was based on the events of the Fate route which is the worst of the three by a mile.


I'm just glad that the other 2 routes are getting animated now, and I would agree that DEEN's version of the Fate route was pretty accurate besides for the poorly rendered dragon scene that took place of what actually happened in the game lol. I am also glad that they chose UBW for the anime season since as long as they follow the game
17386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 9/30/14

Insomnist wrote:


the_song_of_anime wrote:



Maybe that's why I'm not excited about fate/stay night..

That particular instance aside, I'm also iffy about a bunch of teenagers traipsing all over my memories of F/Z.

I can't imagine it not feeling like a degenerative degradation however I slice it, but we'll see. >_>


Degradation of what? The VN?
70016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/30/14 , edited 9/30/14

Crowmando wrote:


Insomnist wrote:


the_song_of_anime wrote:



Maybe that's why I'm not excited about fate/stay night..

That particular instance aside, I'm also iffy about a bunch of teenagers traipsing all over my memories of F/Z.

I can't imagine it not feeling like a degenerative degradation however I slice it, but we'll see. >_>

Degradation of what? The VN?

Hm... stronger language than I should have used.

I'm not a big fan of F/Z but there are things about it I respect, the first of which being the feeling that it elevated the concept. You had an ensemble cast of adults pursuing ambitions or desires while struggling with fear, trust, love, betrayal, hate, sacrifice, etc.; some did good things for bad reasons, some did bad things for good reasons, some did bad things for bad reasons, and a few even did good things for good reasons, with diverse outcomes.

Looking at F/SN it's like "It's like F/Z but IN HIGHSCHOOL! HEH? GREAT RIGHT?"

"Guys?"



More appropriately rephased, "Whichever way I look at it, it looks like a step down." Which isn't good because I didn't even think F/Z was that great, if anything I want to see something improve on it not something going the other way.

So I'm waiting to see, I'm just not expecting much.

Which is good I guess, the fewer expectations I have for something the more likely I am to enjoy it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.