Can I start reading Spice and Wolf Light Novel, Volume 6?
5654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 9/28/14
I'm sorry if this topic doesn't belong in the Book & Comics section. I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the help section. Sorry if I got it wrong!


Okay, so I watched the anime of Spice and Wolf, both 1st and 2nd season, and I want to know what happens next, so I decided to try and read the Light Novels. The problem is that I don't want to start from Vol 1... If I'm correct the anime ends in Vol 5, right? Is it possible for me to start from Vol 6?
13881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/28/14
As far as I remember the adaptation left one of the books out, but I don't remember which one, either the third or the fourth. Also the books aren't that long, what would be the problem just reading them all?
Maybe it's too long ago but I thought I noticed a few small changes between the anime and the book, though I can't tell anymore if they were importaint for the later books or not.
I hope it still helps.
5654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 9/28/14

nichtmalda wrote:

As far as I remember the adaptation left one of the books out, but I don't remember which one, either the third or the fourth. Also the books aren't that long, what would be the problem just reading them all?
Maybe it's too long ago but I thought I noticed a few small changes between the anime and the book, though I can't tell anymore if they were importaint for the later books or not.
I hope it still helps.


It's just that I don't like reading Books, Light novels etc... online. I would rather buy the physical copy, and that's where the problem lies. I would need to buy all the volumes, which I don't want. That's why I was asking if it's possible to start from Vol 6, if I won't be missing very important details in the other Volumes, like the fourth, which is apparently the one Vol they skipped in the anime.
Dutch Moderator
30801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 9/29/14 , edited 9/29/14
As a collector and reader of the light novels of S&W I recommend that you do start at volume 1.
There are a couple of things that are much better explained in the novel series than they are in the anime.

Apart from that, you will notice some subtle differences as well.

Note however, that I still have to watch the full anime series. I've seen that up to episode 5 so far.
5654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 9/29/14

George_z wrote:

As a collector and reader of the light novels of S&W I recommend that you do start at volume 1.
There are a couple of things that are much better explained in the novel series than they are in the anime.

Apart from that, you will notice some subtle differences as well.

Note however, that I still have to watch the full anime series. I've seen that up to episode 5 so far.


I guess I'll have to start from volume 1, then. How many volumes does it have?
13881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/29/14
The 12th novel was released a few weeks ago, there are 17 in total. Also most bigger libaries should have the earlier books avaiable if you don't want to buy them.
5654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 9/29/14

nichtmalda wrote:

The 12th novel was released a few weeks ago, there are 17 in total. Also most bigger libaries should have the earlier books avaiable if you don't want to buy them.


I see, thanks!
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
You must be logged in to post.