First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What is a soul?
6506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/14 , edited 11/1/14
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

Where does the soul fit in with the brain?

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/10/plants-can-tell-theyre-eaten/

Where does the soul fit in without the brain?

I can only assume the soul does not physically exist either as energy or some supernatural entity, but is a word created to describe the result between a cognitive dissonance in a person's innate feeling of self and experiences that do not relate directly to the self.

We can see ourselves as more than just our own body. I believe the soul is cultivated by an accumulation of thoughts and experiences.
1500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/17/14 , edited 11/17/14
We are the Soul, the body is a vessel. When we die we float away... Far far away...

On a serious note, there's two fields.. Astral field where the soul belongs, and physical which is reality.

On a serious note meh dunno
Banned
334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / The Beyond.
Offline
Posted 11/17/14
The Soul is who you are. The Soul is the pilot of the body/mind complex.
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 11/26/14
It's difficult to for me to define, but I could compare it to a save data on a game.
It records everything in your life, even if you cannot access it all right away, and you're constantly building up more of an identity.
20695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Kansas
Offline
Posted 11/26/14
It's the part of self that is not self, as it exists where we are all one. It's where the music comes from.
Posted 11/27/14 , edited 11/27/14
Our spirits. The core of our beings. What allows us to exist and secures our afterlives.
Posted 12/1/14
A soul is what separates us from monkeys; it is unique to the human race.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/8/14

Sarah_Blight wrote:

A soul is what separates us from monkeys; it is unique to the human race.


How so? What separates us from other great apes, is a mutation a fused Chromosome. That would be Chromosome number 2 out of 24 Chromosomes..

Apes are self aware.
Apes are able to understand language. (most if not all animals have a form of language just about if not more complex than humans as well)
Apes are able to create and imagine.
Apes are able to dream (same with all other animals as well its a primitive brain function.)

SO what do humans do that differs them from apes?
Posted 12/8/14 , edited 12/8/14

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Sarah_Blight wrote:

A soul is what separates us from monkeys; it is unique to the human race.


How so? What separates us from other great apes, is a mutation a fused Chromosome. That would be Chromosome number 2 out of 24 Chromosomes..

Apes are self aware.
Apes are able to understand language. (most if not all animals have a form of language just about if not more complex than humans as well)
Apes are able to create and imagine.
Apes are able to dream (same with all other animals as well its a primitive brain function.)

SO what do humans do that differs them from apes?


First and formost, human have guns, wear clothing, and are less hairy. We are apparently God's image. XD. Seriously, we have souls, the monkeys do not. Matter of spirit, not of intellect. Those two are separate and distinct concepts. What the monkeys and other animals do not do is exist after death, is all. So their comparable sophistication, sentience, and intelligence dies with them by contrast to immortal souls who do not. Believe it, or don't, the debate won't die. Bottom line. Endless discussion.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/8/14

Sarah_Blight wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Sarah_Blight wrote:

A soul is what separates us from monkeys; it is unique to the human race.


How so? What separates us from other great apes, is a mutation a fused Chromosome. That would be Chromosome number 2 out of 24 Chromosomes..

Apes are self aware.
Apes are able to understand language. (most if not all animals have a form of language just about if not more complex than humans as well)
Apes are able to create and imagine.
Apes are able to dream (same with all other animals as well its a primitive brain function.)

SO what do humans do that differs them from apes?


First and formost, human have guns, wear clothing, and are less hairy. We are apparently God's image. XD. Seriously, we have souls, the monkeys do not. Matter of spirit, not of intellect. Those two are separate and distinct concepts. What the monkeys and other animals do not do is exist after death, is all. So their comparable sophistication, sentience, and intelligence dies with them by contrast to immortal souls who do not. Believe it, or don't, the debate won't die. Bottom line. Endless discussion.


Yet science as shown that are minds and the way we act is do to are brain not a soul.. You have no evidence for a soul. Unless your talking about the bottom of you feet. Show evidence for a soul or admit a soul is nothing more than a flying pink unicorn that you can only see, because that makes you feel better about your self.
Posted 12/8/14 , edited 12/8/14

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Sarah_Blight wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Sarah_Blight wrote:

A soul is what separates us from monkeys; it is unique to the human race.


How so? What separates us from other great apes, is a mutation a fused Chromosome. That would be Chromosome number 2 out of 24 Chromosomes..

Apes are self aware.
Apes are able to understand language. (most if not all animals have a form of language just about if not more complex than humans as well)
Apes are able to create and imagine.
Apes are able to dream (same with all other animals as well its a primitive brain function.)

SO what do humans do that differs them from apes?


First and formost, human have guns, wear clothing, and are less hairy. We are apparently God's image. XD. Seriously, we have souls, the monkeys do not. Matter of spirit, not of intellect. Those two are separate and distinct concepts. What the monkeys and other animals do not do is exist after death, is all. So their comparable sophistication, sentience, and intelligence dies with them by contrast to immortal souls who do not. Believe it, or don't, the debate won't die. Bottom line. Endless discussion.


Yet science as shown that are minds and the way we act is do to are brain not a soul.. You have no evidence for a soul. Unless your talking about the bottom of you feet. Show evidence for a soul or admit a soul is nothing more than a flying pink unicorn that you can only see, because that makes you feel better about your self.


The burden of proof is equal mein friend. You have no evidence to disprove anything, including hallucinogenic pink unicorns( ROFLMAO). Your reason is limited to TTGAF (Those That Give a Fuck) As is feeling bad about what you say. And its "sole" at the bottom of your feet.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/8/14

Sarah_Blight wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Sarah_Blight wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Sarah_Blight wrote:

A soul is what separates us from monkeys; it is unique to the human race.


How so? What separates us from other great apes, is a mutation a fused Chromosome. That would be Chromosome number 2 out of 24 Chromosomes..

Apes are self aware.
Apes are able to understand language. (most if not all animals have a form of language just about if not more complex than humans as well)
Apes are able to create and imagine.
Apes are able to dream (same with all other animals as well its a primitive brain function.)

SO what do humans do that differs them from apes?


First and formost, human have guns, wear clothing, and are less hairy. We are apparently God's image. XD. Seriously, we have souls, the monkeys do not. Matter of spirit, not of intellect. Those two are separate and distinct concepts. What the monkeys and other animals do not do is exist after death, is all. So their comparable sophistication, sentience, and intelligence dies with them by contrast to immortal souls who do not. Believe it, or don't, the debate won't die. Bottom line. Endless discussion.


Yet science as shown that are minds and the way we act is do to are brain not a soul.. You have no evidence for a soul. Unless your talking about the bottom of you feet. Show evidence for a soul or admit a soul is nothing more than a flying pink unicorn that you can only see, because that makes you feel better about your self.


The burden of proof is equal mein friend. You have no evidence to disprove anything, including hallucinogenic pink unicorns( ROFLMAO). Reason is limited to TTGAF (Those That Give a Fuck) As is feeling bad about what you say. And its "sole" at the bottom of your feet.

I know is sole, I was playing the word game sole and soul are pronounced the same way, and so I was placing soul in place of sole. Maybe my form of humor; ( Humour ) is hard to understand.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.