First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Could you live with out internet/computer.cell phone
13228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 9/30/14
Could you handle not having internet through any devise like your computer, cell phone or game system for a long time or forevr
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/30/14
Print newspapers and television would become my primary news source, libraries would be my primary source of literature, and I'd have to install a landline so I could make and receive calls. My access to information and ability to communicate in real time would be ground into dust by comparison, but it would be survivable. Board games aren't nearly as exciting compared to video games, but it is possible to survive in their absence. With that in mind, there are game consoles which predate the commercialization of the internet which I would argue should be allowed to remain available for the sake of this hypothetical scenario. Sure, they're things like the Atari 2600, the NES, the SNES, and the Mega Drive, but they exist and cost so little that they're very easy to obtain on any budget at this point. They're practically free.
72866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 9/30/14

BlueOni wrote:

Print newspapers and television would become my primary news source, libraries would be my primary source of literature, and I'd have to install a landline so I could make and receive calls. My access to information and ability to communicate in real time would be ground into dust by comparison, but it would be survivable. Board games aren't nearly as exciting compared to video games, but it is possible to survive in their absence. With that in mind, there are game consoles which predate the commercialization of the internet which I would argue should be allowed to remain available for the sake of this hypothetical scenario. Sure, they're things like the Atari 2600, the NES, the SNES, and the Mega Drive, but they exist and cost so little that they're very easy to obtain on any budget at this point. They're practically free.


Oni always puts so much though into Her answers. Thats why I love Her. <3

Screw Cellphones, I haven't had One in 10 Years. But Internet...No. It is existentially impossible for there to be no Internet these Days. Without it, there would literally be a War against He/She/It who took it down. I truly believe that.
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Oni always puts so much though into Her answers. Thats why I love Her. <3


You flatterer. Keep it up.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/1/14 , edited 10/1/14
Television.
Reading/Writing(that might be a bit difficult since I hate writing stories by hand).
Going outside of the house a lot more.
Using the telephone more often.
My Nintendo DS(maybe).
At least that is what I would/should do during a time like that.
9161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Happily casting s...
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
It would be hard and maybe boring but if they did it in the past and survived then i can too. I can be creative so i would find a way to cope with it. Now i rather have today's conveniences but i know i will not die without them.
Posted 10/1/14 , edited 10/1/14
was born in a time where these technologies were not available to me... 1988.

so I never really depended upon them to have fun...


For me, doing something with other people is more fun... even if we're just playing monopoly. It's always been that way. It's just... I have a hard time finding people who accept me for who I am (irl) or even people who want to hang out with me.

So I end up being an internet/anime/video game person :-/ Because these are things I can have fun by myself.
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
If I did then I'd need my girlfriend to comfort me. I'm stressed enough with the internet filter the university gives us.
12138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / From Outer Space...
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
yeah. I spend most of my time writing and drawing and being outside.
72866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

BlueOni wrote:


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Oni always puts so much though into Her answers. Thats why I love Her. <3


You flatterer. Keep it up.


You KNOW I will. <3

36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/1/14 , edited 10/1/14
Uh. Of course you can live without that stuff. Civilization was still doing ok prior to 30 years ago.

I didn't have access to even the most basic of cell phones until I was probably 18 or so, and I didn't even have dial up internet until I was 14. It's easier to get by without than you might think. In fact it's actually far healthier for society on a whole to not be so connected to social media 24 hours a day.

So really you'd go beyond 'surviving' and would probably actually thrive without that stuff.
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
Yes. I'd be the one in the corner with my nose in a book.
763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
I've lived without a cell phone for 17 years of my life so yea, I'm pretty sure I can. I've lived with out the internet for bout 14 years of my life, so yea. I've always had a computer but I can still live without it. The question is do I want... too. I'd like to have a cell phone yes, but I don't care either way. The internet and computer on the other hand I'd really prefer not to live without them. There not so much as a need, but a REALLY huge want.
8077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Playing Joust
Offline
Posted 12/12/14
I lost internet for 2 days. Never realized how much i rely on the internet until that day.
13571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / New Orleans, LA USA
Offline
Posted 12/13/14

Bushido_Dragon wrote:

Yes. I'd be the one in the corner with my nose in a book.



This would be me too.

Like mostly everyone else has said, I'd adjust back to a time when I didn't have these things. I think it over time however the amount of people who answer this way will increasingly diminish, because current and future generations won't have known a time before all this was so prevalent. My seven year old niece watches netflix more than anything else, my five year old nephew is constantly trying to fast forward through commercials even for shows that aren't DVR recorded and they both play games on the ipad and the kindle. I think they want cell phones for christmas.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.