First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
I'm using Windows 10, AMA
26158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
Hey so I just installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview via a dual boot. Was wondering if anyone had any questions for me.

As for some background on my own opinions right off the bat: I use Windows 7 because I hated Win8. Metro is disgusting. Apps are the plague. I love customization and HATE minimalist style.

I'm hoping to clear some things up for people, and also share my opinion on the OS as I use it and discover how it works.
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

Yui-Kitamura wrote:

Hey so I just installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview via a dual boot. Was wondering if anyone had any questions for me.

As for some background on my own opinions right off the bat: I use Windows 7 because I hated Win8. Metro is disgusting. Apps are the plague. I love customization and HATE minimalist style.

I'm hoping to clear some things up for people, and also share my opinion on the OS as I use it and discover how it works.


better or worse then windows 8 ?
26158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
Better. Windows 8 had the fatal flaw of trying to both use constant fullscreen apps and startscreen, where as Windows 10 makes the fullscreen optional, allowing the desktop to be used intelligently again. So Windows 10 is at least a little better than 8.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
Another op released too soon...MS what are you doing?
26158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Another op released too soon...MS what are you doing?


It hasn't been released yet, so don't fret. I'm using the Technical Preview, they're still at the stage where they can overhaul the system, so I'm hoping they figure out that things are NOT RIGHT right now.
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Another op released too soon...MS what are you doing?


took the wors right outta my mouth lol
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

Yui-Kitamura wrote:

Better. Windows 8 had the fatal flaw of trying to both use constant fullscreen apps and startscreen, where as Windows 10 makes the fullscreen optional, allowing the desktop to be used intelligently again. So Windows 10 is at least a little better than 8.


good awesome
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
Hopefully I get to keep my vista for another year.
26158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/1/14 , edited 10/1/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Hopefully I get to keep my vista for another year.


Is there something you have against 7? It's wonderful in my opinion.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

Yui-Kitamura wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Hopefully I get to keep my vista for another year.


Is there something you have against 7? It's wonderful in my opinion.


It;s just that I lost my XP due to planned obsolescence and I have no reason to upgrade to another op simple because there's nothing wrong with 7.
26158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


Yui-Kitamura wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Hopefully I get to keep my vista for another year.


Is there something you have against 7? It's wonderful in my opinion.


It;s just that I lost my XP due to planned obsolescence and I have no reason to upgrade to another op simple because there's nothing wrong with 7.


Fair enough. I don't really mind Vista, I just think 7 improves on everything that Vista is.

10, however, does NOT improve on everything 8 is. The reason being that everything 8 is is crap, and improving on crap only gives you a different kind of crap.
Sogno- 
45762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 10/1/14 , edited 10/1/14

Yui-Kitamura wrote:
10, however, does NOT improve on everything 8 is. The reason being that everything 8 is is crap, and improving on crap only gives you a different kind of crap.


*snorts*

tbh i couldn't figure out 8. So I just went with a macbook lol. Haven't regretted it one bit either.
26158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/1/14

Sogno- wrote:


Yui-Kitamura wrote:
10, however, does NOT improve on everything 8 is. The reason being that everything 8 is is crap, and improving on crap only gives you a different kind of crap.


*snorts*

tbh i couldn't figure out 8. So I just went with a macbook lol. Haven't regretted it one bit either.


Don't blame you, my order of system prefs goes like this though: Win7>Vista>Linux>Mac>Win8
2372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago
Offline
Posted 10/1/14 , edited 10/1/14
Windows 10 cannot come soon enough. I wouldn't say 8 is as bad as many people say that it is, but it definitely needs improved upon. Like... where is my start button?

My only question is if there is any news on when Windows 10 will be released.
5072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/14
This is a little hard to phrase, but do you feel it has the old simplistic feeling that windows had? (Not concerning quality, I'm sure the graphics are better, it is a little faster, etc.) Can you say it is less confusing on desktop/laptop than windows 8, and how comfortable is it in general?

Hopefully I got my points across
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.