First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Your exceptions in anime
14990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Online
Posted 10/6/14
I can't stand loli
Mayoi Hachikuji is my exeption.
Posted 10/6/14 , edited 10/6/14
I can almost never root for a sibling relationship. I can tolerate the presence of it if it's there as a gag or something, but when a sibling is an actual romantic interest it tends to really annoy me.

There is one notable exception to this for me though. I'm even going to put the show title in a spoiler, since just saying the name of the show might ruin it for some people. Or needlessly turn people off of a a fantastic show.
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/6/14

seekerperson7 wrote:

I can almost never root for a sibling relationship. I can tolerate the presence of it if it's there as a gag or something, but when a sibling is an actual romantic interest it tends to really annoy me.

There is one notable exception to this for me though. I'm even going to put the show title in a spoiler, since just saying the name of the show might ruin it for some people. Or needlessly turn people off of a a fantastic show.


Welcome to the Dark Side.

evil laugh
Posted 10/6/14

AnimeKami wrote:


seekerperson7 wrote:

I can almost never root for a sibling relationship. I can tolerate the presence of it if it's there as a gag or something, but when a sibling is an actual romantic interest it tends to really annoy me.

There is one notable exception to this for me though. I'm even going to put the show title in a spoiler, since just saying the name of the show might ruin it for some people. Or needlessly turn people off of a a fantastic show.


Welcome to the Dark Side.

evil laugh


I've fallen to the Dark Side?

That's not true! That's impossible! Noooo



Seriously though, maybe I have fallen. It's caused me to question how I look at every sibling romance scenario. They just made it so darn sympathetic.
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/6/14

seekerperson7 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


seekerperson7 wrote:

I can almost never root for a sibling relationship. I can tolerate the presence of it if it's there as a gag or something, but when a sibling is an actual romantic interest it tends to really annoy me.

There is one notable exception to this for me though. I'm even going to put the show title in a spoiler, since just saying the name of the show might ruin it for some people. Or needlessly turn people off of a a fantastic show.


Welcome to the Dark Side.

evil laugh


I've fallen to the Dark Side?

That's not true! That's impossible! Noooo



Seriously though, maybe I have fallen. It's caused me to question how I look at every sibling romance scenario. They just made it so darn sympathetic.


Let me ask you a question.

Since you know the switcheroo with her. Does it make the incest more tolerable? Since it is only genetic and personality-wise it is a different person?
4794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/6/14

AnimeKami wrote:


seekerperson7 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


seekerperson7 wrote:

I can almost never root for a sibling relationship. I can tolerate the presence of it if it's there as a gag or something, but when a sibling is an actual romantic interest it tends to really annoy me.

There is one notable exception to this for me though. I'm even going to put the show title in a spoiler, since just saying the name of the show might ruin it for some people. Or needlessly turn people off of a a fantastic show.


Welcome to the Dark Side.

evil laugh


I've fallen to the Dark Side?

That's not true! That's impossible! Noooo



Seriously though, maybe I have fallen. It's caused me to question how I look at every sibling romance scenario. They just made it so darn sympathetic.


Let me ask you a question.

Since you know the switcheroo with her. Does it make the incest more tolerable? Since it is only genetic and personality-wise it is a different person?


I say incest is okay as long as regular laws of consent are obeyed. For example, incest between siblings who are consenting adults: That's okay. Incest between parent and child: NOT okay.
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/6/14

octorockandroll wrote:

I say incest is okay as long as regular laws of consent are obeyed. For example, incest between siblings who are consenting adults: That's okay. Incest between parent and child: NOT okay.


Well if you put child that turns the question into pedophilia.
Posted 10/6/14 , edited 10/6/14

AnimeKami wrote:


Let me ask you a question.

Since you know the switcheroo with her. Does it make the incest more tolerable? Since it is only genetic and personality-wise it is a different person?


I honestly don't even know how I feel about this whole scenario. It's so convoluted that it seems like something out of a soap opera.



If that doesn't make any sense, then that's probably because the whole scenario has basically made a jumbled mess of my feelings on the matter lol
4794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/6/14

AnimeKami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I say incest is okay as long as regular laws of consent are obeyed. For example, incest between siblings who are consenting adults: That's okay. Incest between parent and child: NOT okay.


Well if you put child that turns the question into pedophilia.


Exactly, there's really no difference between related to someone and not related to someone when you're thinking about a romantic relationship with them. There's no reason to treat it differently other than "it's a little weird"
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/6/14

seekerperson7 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Let me ask you a question.

Since you know the switcheroo with her. Does it make the incest more tolerable? Since it is only genetic and personality-wise it is a different person?


I honestly don't even know how I feel about this whole scenario. It's so convoluted that it seems like something out of a soap opera.



If that doesn't make any sense, then that's probably because the whole scenario has basically made a jumbled mess of my feelings on the matter lol


I understand.


octorockandroll wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I say incest is okay as long as regular laws of consent are obeyed. For example, incest between siblings who are consenting adults: That's okay. Incest between parent and child: NOT okay.


Well if you put child that turns the question into pedophilia.


Exactly, there's really no difference between related to someone and not related to someone when you're thinking about a romantic relationship with them. There's no reason to treat it differently other than "it's a little weird"


55595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/6/14
Jeez....this thread.........no, I'm sorry, this page.

4794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/6/14
Also I really hate Harem anime, but my exceptions is pretty much what you think it is


LokiLB 
41570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/14

octorockandroll wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I say incest is okay as long as regular laws of consent are obeyed. For example, incest between siblings who are consenting adults: That's okay. Incest between parent and child: NOT okay.


Well if you put child that turns the question into pedophilia.


Exactly, there's really no difference between related to someone and not related to someone when you're thinking about a romantic relationship with them. There's no reason to treat it differently other than "it's a little weird"


Inbreeding is bad. That's how you get crazy rulers and the Bolshevik Revolution. I can't take off my biologist hat long enough to think incest is okay. Only time I'd not find it overly annoying is if it's from a culture where that's normal (say you had an anime set in Ancient Egypt or about Incan royalty).

That and I really like the exploration of family relationships more than romance, so converting a relationship type I like into one I care less about it just annoying.
4794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/6/14

LokiLB wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I say incest is okay as long as regular laws of consent are obeyed. For example, incest between siblings who are consenting adults: That's okay. Incest between parent and child: NOT okay.


Well if you put child that turns the question into pedophilia.


Exactly, there's really no difference between related to someone and not related to someone when you're thinking about a romantic relationship with them. There's no reason to treat it differently other than "it's a little weird"


Inbreeding is bad. That's how you get crazy rulers and the Bolshevik Revolution. I can't take off my biologist hat long enough to think incest is okay. Only time I'd not find it overly annoying is if it's from a culture where that's normal (say you had an anime set in Ancient Egypt or about Incan royalty).

That and I really like the exploration of family relationships more than romance, so converting a relationship type I like into one I care less about it just annoying.


In my experience incestuous couples go out of their way to avoid breeding for these exact reasons... although to be fair I only know 2 who would be in any position to start a family
Posted 10/6/14 , edited 10/7/14
I feel bad for derailing this topic as much as I have, so to post another example from me:

I don't really like cyberpunk or anime that tries to be dark and philosophical.

The one exception being none other than Serial Experiments Lain



Present day. Present time. Hahahahaha
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.