First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
What are your thoughts on fan service?
22410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / central USA
Offline
Posted 10/5/14 , edited 10/5/14
This is a serious question, and I appreciate any answers that are given. I tried to do a search the other day but nothing seemed to come up that looked like it was along these lines. Thanks in advance for anyone that chooses to respond. Feel free to answer any or all in whatever fashion you like.
*edit* Specifically dealing with body or underclothing shots, or risque situations that bring sexual innuendo.


What are your thoughts on fan service?
Do you like it, dislike it, are relatively indifferent?
Does your opinion change based on the placement of it in a show?
Is there a specific reason that you feel that way?

When I was younger I probably would have longed for it. For a time I was in rebellion against the natural urges that come with being a man, and would have looked down on it. Currently I am somewhat indifferent about it most of the time, but I do prefer to see things in their original state instead of having censorship plastered on the screen. I do still take note though if it is particularly out of place, or complimenting a scene.
4253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/14 , edited 4/7/15
Personally.. I can understand some of the dislike it gets.. But if I am going to be watching a show simply for fan service, more than likely I would be watching an Ecchi.. I'm somewhat indifferent about it in your everyday anime, as long as it doesn't get in the way of the story. To put it simply, It is welcome if it isn't overdone.
6209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / NB / US
Offline
Posted 10/5/14 , edited 10/5/14
I don't mind it. I actually enjoy it if it's for ironic humor. It gets rather annoying after thousands of panty-shots and unrealistic boob jiggles, though, but in the end I really am just watching it for the plot.
31839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/14
loved it,since i'm an adult i like my T & A on my anime
Posted 10/5/14
they're great if not used excessively or repetitively. and better if they're actually funny.


50573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 10/5/14 , edited 10/6/14
I don't mind a little fan service but I don't like it when I see this in a first episode.
6173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 30.4894° N, 86.54...
Offline
Posted 10/5/14
Fan service is like a well-placed advertisement: if it isn't obvious, it's perfectly fine.

If you realize it's fan service (rather than furthering the plot/scene), they're doing it wrong.
16761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/14
If you mean fanservice as in echii, then no, i think a lot of series could do without it.

If you mean fanservice as in attention to details that would appeal to a certain audience, im all for it.
For example, Stella Women's Academy High School division C3. As much as I don't like it, I love the fanservice it has for the airsofters.
The whirring sounds that the guns make is exactly what real airsoft guns sound like. And that is fanservice at its finest.
21522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Houston
Offline
Posted 10/5/14 , edited 4/7/15
Depends on the type of fan service and what it is I'm watching. Not all fan service is sexual.
4955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / CT, USA
Offline
Posted 10/5/14 , edited 4/7/15

Kunami_Mata wrote:

Depends on the type of fan service and what it is I'm watching. Not all fan service is sexual.


Thank You. Someone other than me knows fan service isn't all ass and tit shots
14511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / US
Offline
Posted 10/5/14
I just think it adds comedy to the story and plot. I've heard that fan service is Japan's equivalent of Western shows adding crude/dark elements to create sudden funny moments.

I don't know if it's true but I don't mind it either way.
22023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/5/14

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

I don't mind a little fan service but I don't like it when I see this in a first episode.


B-b-but that's No Game No Life!

OT: I don't mind it if I'm watching something that's specifically for fan service, ecchi, as long as it's kept consistent and not every second. But if it appears a lot in a different genre, I get annoyed. Panty shots are cool, it's the overly jiggly boobs out there that defy the law of physics. And especially since they're everywhere. Like come on. Even in some ecchi shows, it gets annoying because there's just too much.
50573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 10/5/14

TeeBuddy2 wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

I don't mind a little fan service but I don't like it when I see this in a first episode.


B-b-but that's No Game No Life!

OT: I don't mind it if I'm watching something that's specifically for fan service, ecchi, as long as it's kept consistent and not every second. But if it appears a lot in a different genre, I get annoyed. Panty shots are cool, it's the overly jiggly boobs out there that defy the law of physics. And especially since they're everywhere. Like come on. Even in some ecchi shows, it gets annoying because there's just too much.


I didn't know what I was getting myself into
This scene really bothered me for some reason. Maybe because she's 11
Posted 10/5/14
I'm all for the fan service. It doesn't bother me like other people say it does. It is the artist's style so DEAL WITH IT!
5540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 10/5/14 , edited 10/5/14

UnComikal wrote:

Fan service is like a well-placed advertisement: if it isn't obvious, it's perfectly fine.

If you realize it's fan service (rather than furthering the plot/scene), they're doing it wrong.


That's it!

As been mentioned, not all fan service is ecchi, but I think the same "rule" applies.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.