First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Do younger people actually watch anime?
Posted 10/9/14
Young people do watch anime.

I started to watch it wheb I was 14. Then, I aged.
5151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/9/14
Most people younger than 18 might not have the money to get a membership and therefore choose to watch anime somewhere else, often illegally. Also not everyone is necessarily the age they claim to be on their profile. You can't view some titles if you're under 18 years old because of adult content, so some people lie about their age when registering.
Posted 10/9/14
I haven't seen many kids my age here on CR either lol
22023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/9/14
Well, I've been watching anime since I was a freshmen in high school, and even now, I'm in college and still watching anime.

I guess it all depends because even though some people's accounts have their age at 18+ doesn't mean that they only recently started to watch it.
9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/9/14

Valentina_Romanov wrote:

I never said regular cartoons would keep you "away", or anyone else. Its really baffling how you could misinterpet what I said so..What I said was that if more people let their kids watch anime it and it was marketed better to western audiences it would be as popular if not more than standard american cartoons.


You say that as though my interpretation is virtually unheard of. You phrased it somewhat poorly, if anything.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/14
hehehe im 14 and i watch ^^ i dont meet many younger people that watch anime,
but it also might be that they dont air anime on tv anymore where i am.

A few years ago.. like up til maybe 2007 ?
they had Naruto, One piece, Inuyasha, Pokemon, Cardcaptors and other things dubbed and playing during the afternoons. I have a feeling most of the people who watched those were around my age, and now theyre in their adult ages LOL

I watched during those years because i have elder siblings and theyre also in the 20s now ^^'' !
hope this kinda answers your question
11523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 10/9/14
I think there's probably a lot of younger people on Crunchyroll. You probably just can't tell since most of them are smart enough to give the standard answer, "I'm 18."
12036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 10/9/14
IM 15!!! ND ANIME IS LIFE!!!
17532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 10/9/14
I watched Pokemon, DBZ and Yu-Yu-Hakusho before I ever knew what anime was. It was just the cool shows that were on TV when I was younger. I don't think kids today get that same kind of exposure...and they are probably to lazy to seek it out. There are hundreds of cartoons to choose from (and most of them suck)...OR...they play a lot more video games than my generation did. Sure we had them...but my 12 year old brother plays more video games in two days than I do in one or two weeks.
1145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / In your house or...
Offline
Posted 10/9/14 , edited 10/9/14
Ive been into anime for as long as i can remember and im even younger then 15.... Although the only anime i actually know thats been on tv were i live was like Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon if that counts anyway, how are younger people suppost to be introduced to anime.....
65552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Baka Zone
Offline
Posted 10/9/14 , edited 10/9/14
I'm 18.
But for someone my age, my tastes in anime tend to be sharper than most teenagers.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/14

EatsRainbows wrote:

I'm pretending to be 18, but in reality I haven't even hit puberty yet.


Fixed.
65552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Baka Zone
Offline
Posted 10/9/14

Phersu wrote:


EatsRainbows wrote:

I'm pretending to be 18, but in reality I haven't even hit puberty yet.


Fixed.


I'm so surprised.

45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/14

EatsRainbows wrote:

I'm so surprised.



You shouldn't be.
65552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Baka Zone
Offline
Posted 10/9/14

Phersu wrote:

You shouldn't be.


I guess the lack of sarcasm in my reply is apparent. Damn.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.