First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Sexual Orientation
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/14
Don't know if there is a thread like this or not, so here I go.

What is yours? Are you happy with it? Have you experienced trouble because of it?

Personally, I've been coming to the realization that I might very well be asexual. While I might view fictional characters in such a light, I can't say I've ever looked at a real person I've seen in real life in such a way. Even when I'm attracted to people, it's more of an aesthetic or personality thing than anything else. This came up when my roommate asked me the other night....

'Hey dude. Are you asexual?'

What? So, I asked someone else and apparently.....it appears to them that I'm asexual. They'll try to show me pictures of women in a suggestive light, and I'll show no interest or respond in a manner like 'get that out of my face.' I have no interest in discussing matters of such with them......and overall act asexual.

65552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Baka Zone
Offline
Posted 10/10/14
I'm straight. But I tend not to get aroused pretty easily, but that shouldn't necessarily mean I'm asexual. I can get aroused around hot chicks, but even more when I get to know them.
31839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 12/31/14

Phersu wrote:

Don't know if there is a thread like this or not, so here I go.

What is yours? Are you happy with it? Have you experienced trouble because of it?

Personally, I've been coming to the realization that I might very well be asexual. While I might view fictional characters in such a light, I can't say I've ever looked at a real person I've seen in real life in such a way. Even when I'm attracted to people, it's more of an aesthetic or personality thing than anything else. This came up when my roommate asked me the other night....

'Hey dude. Are you asexual?'

What? So, I asked someone else and apparently.....it appears to them that I'm asexual. They'll try to show me pictures of women in a suggestive light, and I'll show no interest or respond in a manner like 'get that out of my face.' I have no interest in discussing matters of such with them......and overall act asexual.

nobody is truly asexual dood.do you masturbate?if so,that by itself is a sexual activity.you say that you dont care about women if so then do you care about your own sex then?i'm heterosexual and even though i have had a bad time with relationships that does not mean that i dont care or think that women are beautiful and their bodies are attractive.love women

216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / NL
Offline
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 10/22/14

Phersu wrote:

What is yours? Are you happy with it? Have you experienced trouble because of it?


Homosexual. I'll be honest, I actually despise it. Yes, a lot.


4243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Smash Bros Mansion
Offline
Posted 10/10/14
Pansexual and I'm perfectly fine with it. Of course I had some trouble coming out and I didn't actually do so because I wanted to..(with my aunt and everyone else except my mom and other aunt; With one aunt, she found a Pinterest board chock full of ecchi and hentai and the rest of my family because I was in a mental hospital and my mom went ahead and told everyone in case it popped up. Reason I was in the hospital was due to failed suicide attempts).

Everyone accepted me (which made me really happy and relieved) except my aunt in law and uncle didn't really understand. They think I'm a lesbian or bi-curious and that I'm too young to be able to fully understand and decide what my sexuality is (which pretty much pisses me off). They also feel homosexuality is an adult topic.

My mother's husband doesn't know and I'd like to keep it that way. He's an ignorant asshat and I doubt he'd accept me, especially after that time he snapped at me for thinking two guys on House Hunters were a couple when I was eight.

On a lighter note, I've also come out to my friends at school and others online and I've been accepted there and here, as well, so again, I'm pretty happy.


Phersu wrote:

...Even when I'm attracted to people, it's more of an aesthetic or personality thing than anything else. This came up when my roommate asked me the other night....



I'm not sure how much you were attracted to them, but it's possible you could be demisexual.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 1/29/15

perrandy wrote:

nobody is truly asexual dood.do you masturbate?if so,that by itself is a sexual activity.you say that you dont care about women if so then do you care about your own sex then?i'm heterosexual and even though i have had a bad time with relationships that does not mean that i dont care or think that women are beautiful and their bodies are attractive.love women



First, I don't really want to respond because of the word 'dood.' That makes you lose any credibility you might have in my mind.

Second, asexuality isn't a lack of libido or masturbation. Asexuality is not being sexually attracted to anybody. You can be romantically attracted, however, or still masturbate. It's not a lack of libido, but a lack of sexual attraction.

Third, just....you sound like a frat boy. This is not a good, productive quality in society.
4243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Smash Bros Mansion
Offline
Posted 10/10/14

Valentina_Romanov wrote:

I think there has been one of these.

But no problem! I know exactly how you feel. If I see a hot guy undressed as opposed to clothed, I don't particularly get aroused unless I know the person's personality and like it. Even then, its not at all a given , usually nothing visually happens . Its all about context, I guess, or mood. I'm usually asexual about people, even those I know, and the stars have to align perfect.


I have a feeling you could possibly be demisexual.
17564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 10/13/14
Warning; I might sound like a Hippy. I kind of am.

I don't think sexualities should exist really. To me, it's just confining yourself to a small window of opportunity.
I'm more of the person that thinks "If I fall in love, it doesn't matter who they are, or what they're gender is. Love is Love."
Some people fall in love with bodies and become aroused,
some people fall in love with personalities and become aroused.
Either way, it's nothing to worry about.
4243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Smash Bros Mansion
Offline
Posted 10/10/14

JQuo wrote:

Homosexual. I'll be honest, I actually despise it. Yes, a lot.




How come?
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/14

SuzumeAkihana wrote:

I'm not sure how much you were attracted to them, but it's possible you could be demisexual.


It was attraction in the form of -

1. I found their personality appealing.
2. I noticed that they could be considered, physically and aesthetically, pretty.
3. No actual sexual attraction.
4243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Smash Bros Mansion
Offline
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 10/10/14

Phersu wrote:


SuzumeAkihana wrote:

I'm not sure how much you were attracted to them, but it's possible you could be demisexual.


It was attraction in the form of -

1. I found their personality appealing.
2. I noticed that they could be considered, physically and aesthetically, pretty.
3. No actual sexual attraction.


Ahh, then I'm leaning towards asexual like you and your roommate.
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 12/31/14
I will love everyone whether they want me to or not.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 10/10/14

SuzumeAkihana wrote:

Ahh, then I'm leaning towards asexual like you and your roommate.


Yeah. I made sure to do some research before posting. B)

I still find things, and people, cute or attractive. It just doesn't affect me in a sexual way.
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 10/13/14
Heterosexual. Although most of the time, the girls most guys might find attractive I don't find attractive at all, so that may be something. There'll be some girl in skin tight pants and all the guys are gawking and drooling and I'm like "Meh". Give me a girl who's cute, funny, intelligent, and kind hearted anyday of the week over a girl who's "hawt".

And sex is, to me, meant to be something you do with someone you actually love. I don't really understand meaningless sex. It's like eating when you're not hungry, or sleeping when you're not tired. It makes no sense.


Dunno. Maybe it's just me...
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 1/29/15

EatsRainbows wrote:

I'm straight. But I tend not to get aroused pretty easily, but that shouldn't necessarily mean I'm asexual. I can get aroused around hot chicks, but even more when I get to know them.


^This
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.