First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
People with nothing to say.
11415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
Yeah it gets to me too. I had a go at someone for it one of my forum topics and told them 'If you have nothing to say why do you feel the need to tell us? All that does is waste my time, yours, and everyone elses.' I mean, do these people know how weird they'd look in a real life discussion? It's like them willingly listening into someone's conversation and then butting in with 'Heh, just thought I'd given my 2 pence, uh, I don't really care, you know, about what you're saying' and then walking away. Who does that!?
41854 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 10/13/14 , edited 10/13/14
I might be giving too much credit here, but I think that most of the time when this occurs the poster is actually commenting upon his/her own opinion of the importance of the thread's topic, or even upon the quality of the ensuing discussion. Dismissal can be a form of commentary.

Of course, it could just as easily be some random smart-aleck desperately seeking attention. . .
5727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 10/13/14

Bearbudah wrote:

I dunno about that.
Making a thread about what you prefer on your pizza or boys with piercings makes me lose faith in you as an induvidual.
"you" being the people in the example not you, Galaxiias.


I do agree with ya on that! Buuut I do feel it's ill to say their existence has an entirety is a waste. Don't mean to sound all morally construct; I'm just too nice for my own good.
1853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bolton, England
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
Everyone loves a free +1 to their post count and I suppose CR points for this forum.
Posted 10/13/14
It always has a deep mysterious meaning behind it. Something tragic that must not be remembered.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/13/14

Muur wrote:

Everyone loves a free +1 to their post count and I suppose CR points for this forum.


I'm just gonna quote the forum rules... My work here's done

46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/13/14

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

Yeah it gets to me too. I had a go at someone for it one of my forum topics and told them 'If you have nothing to say why do you feel the need to tell us? All that does is waste my time, yours, and everyone elses.' I mean, do these people know how weird they'd look in a real life discussion? It's like them willingly listening into someone's conversation and then butting in with 'Heh, just thought I'd given my 2 pence, uh, I don't really care, you know, about what you're saying' and then walking away. Who does that!?


The problem is that many people in the internet believes in the notion that "normal IRL" social rules don't applies on the internet and therefore people behave like di**s on the internet. I don't think a thread like this will change a thing, however I do think that parents should teach their children that the internet is like a extension to your real life self and that they should behave as such. I'm probably rambling right now.

Anyways, here's another example;

You're in a class and then all of a sudden you scream out "give me pizza, I have nothing else to say nor do I care about the class"... Would be looked at just as weird as someone butting in on someone elses conversation (like your example).

:D
26211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
luekers
11415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 10/13/14 , edited 10/13/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

The problem is that many people in the internet believes in the notion that "normal IRL" social rules don't applies on the internet and therefore people behave like di**s on the internet. I don't think a thread like this will change a thing, however I do think that parents should teach their children that the internet is like a extension to your real life self and that they should behave as such. I'm probably rambling right now.

Anyways, here's another example;

You're in a class and then all of a sudden you scream out "give me pizza, I have nothing else to say nor do I care about the class"... Would be looked at just as weird as someone butting in on someone elses conversation (like your example).

:D


Yeah, I and a few other people bring it up that, at the end of the day, regardless of anonymity, the people on the internet are real people, and if you act like a dick to them that says a lot about the sort of person you are. Many have come to the assumption that the internet is a dumping ground for shitty behaviour, but if no-one ever even attempts to change anything, nothing ever will. Obviously you can use your 'lols' and your memes and the like, but what you say still reflects on you. If anything it's sort of more important since what you say is open to everyone with an account to respond to. A lot of people go by the idea of 'post first, contemplate post second'. I've stopped myself from posting all sorts of shit by thinking for a few seconds after I type.
54605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 米国
Offline
Posted 10/13/14


The truth has been spoken....nuff said

-Mastergold
10060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Across the Narrow...
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
This is pretty much the reason I lurk on threads instead of posting. I really do not see what is wrong with saying absolutely nothing when nothing relevant to the topic at hand comes to mind. It is quite annoying to browse discussions and see nothing but filler comments on something as if this was Facebook. Oh man... I do not even want to think of comparing social networks to crunchyroll anymore. My guess is those people just post to gain attention or rapport for being involved within the community even if it is meaningless. If I basically repeated things above in this post, I apologise.
11117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Breda, Netherlands
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
...
20786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/14

Fyk0 wrote:


Bearbudah wrote:





Why though? Out of all the things to lose faith in a person, why over something so trifling? Is it because topics like those don't encourage a meaningful discussion?


Because at one point they all blend together when they start to accumulate in such numbers and it's hard to take people seriously when they keep adding to a pile of meaningless crap, pushing the interesting threads out of the way for the sake of letting all of crunchyroll know what your favorite topping on a pizza is.
People likes to talk and when there is no off-topic section, threads like those goes to general discussion. Personally I don't really care, but I think it would be better with off-topic section


More importantly I don't let it get to me anymore, as I said it was only when I started out on Crunchyroll, but taking a quick look it's easy to tell that people overwhelmingly prefer such topics.
And that's that, I'm not gonna argue there's anything wrong with it, just personally I wish that we could have interesting conversations or at least with some meaning to it rather than expanding the ever growing boring and dead-end topics.


41690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Somewhere
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
The answer you are looking for is in another CR forum post.

Relating to the Topic: I don't see the reason for people to say "I have no say", but it doesn't bother me if people say that.
8870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
To let you know they're secretly reading the thread, judging every single one of you..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.