vampires in high and middle school, Is age only a number
13228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
Its a fun concept we all love the anime, we watch twilight and vampire shows and movies. but I always wondered about this there immortal and yet spend 20+ years in high school or middle school. In anime, movies and shows alike I know some are stuck at an age they could keep going to school. sooner or later you think they would get bored. I always thought about this also they always end up dating some one. A younger girl in today's society some people would think them pervs and be hauled off to jail. Not just vampires but demons and such like inuyasha are many's years old. is this romantic or do some people find it strange or creepy> I want to know why other people think from all ages on crunchy roll Is age only a number or can it only go so far. I know was 17 i dated a 14 year old and 17 a 20 year old but that is only 3 years apart not 10-100. Now am 29 and date 21 plus. Am not saying people of younger age are less mature for we know thats not always true heck am still a kid at heart. am just saying its odd..
Posted 10/13/14
agreed, bb.

I swear we are like twins. this thought has crossed my mind multiple times... I don't get it. why would an immortal want to go to high school over and over and over again. it's illogical.

Whenever I ask this, [fans] of said fiction would proclaim that they do it to fit in with society... but I'm not really satisfied with such a reasoning, however I don't feel like debating further either.
24574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
I'm with the OP. If I were eternal/immortal, I wouldn't want to hang out in high school forever, even if I were looking like I was 17 or 18. One would assume with all the vampire/immortal character saw that they'd mature in some way and no longer be interested in hanging around immature/teenage humans. What does a 100 year old who lives in a different society due to being non-human truly have in common with a high schooler?

I always found it odd.

Except for with Buffy & Angel / Buffy & Spike. I'm a Spuffy shipper - but she was an adult when that started, so it's kind of a moot point.
2372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago
Offline
Posted 10/13/14 , edited 10/13/14
Sorry, this turned out rather long.

This is a very interesting question. I really liked Dance In the Vampire Bund and though Mina Tepes, the main female character, is usually depicted as a prepubescent girl which as she was depicted sometimes would classify as lolicon. However, Mina is really hundreds of years old and also has an adult form. Despite her appearance I never thought of the anime as lolicon and the romance with a normal looking teenage boy never felt weird to me because I knew Mina was much older than she looked. The same goes for Shinobu from the Monogatari series, I never really thought of her as a loli character because of her actual age and because her young girl look isn't her real image.

Overall I don't have much of an issue with older vampires, shinigami, monsters, gods, demons, and other spiritual beings from falling in love with teenage students. After all this is mostly fantasy, but if this sort of thing could happen IRL I still probably would not have a problem with it. I look more at the persons maturity and ability to understand love, reciprocate it, and respect it while taking responsibility than their age. I really like age gap yuri manga and anime. The largest gap I've read in those is 13 years (18 and 31), and I thought the story was really sweet. It was one of those "I've known you since you were a little kid, but somewhere along the lines I fell in love. I know you're young, and I'm not asking for anything nor to do anything, but I will wait until you're older. When the girl turns 18 they start a romantic relationship." I think those stories are really sweet because you cannot help who you fall for, but you can help what you do with that love. Being responsible and respectful with love is more important than the ages involved for the most part. *I hate lolicon and I do put definite limits on this. I also find it more than odd when you see like a 50 or 60 year old with a 20 year old and I think the minimal age for romance is 16 with no one more than 10 years older.

For the supernatural ages well human aging and their aging isn't even on par with each other so I don't really pay attention to it. Also, I would not want to be a high school student for eternity, 4 years was more than enough for me. Vampires are made as teenagers simply because that is the demographic the creators are trying to reach. I've seen plenty of examples where vampires do age but once they hit an adult form, they stop the aging process which makes sense, living things all have mature forms. Orange Marmalade, which is a great Vampire manga, has high school aged vampires who do age and become adults, but never grow elderly.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
What do you mean "we"?
I don't watch those shows.
13228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 10/14/14 , edited 10/25/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

agreed, bb.

I swear we are like twins. this thought has crossed my mind multiple times... I don't get it. why would an immortal want to go to high school over and over and over again. it's illogical.

Whenever I ask this, [fans] of said fiction would proclaim that they do it to fit in with society... but I'm not really satisfied with such a reasoning, however I don't feel like debating further either.


agreed i found out that we some times think alike

My dad wa 11 years older than my mom met when she was 15 start dating when she was 17 just about to turn 18, I see some times in a way it could be seen as romantic in the olden days this happened allot but now it seen as a taboo and if there 18 everything is fine for there an adult and cant go to jail for it


mdmrn wrote:

I'm with the OP. If I were eternal/immortal, I wouldn't want to hang out in high school forever, even if I were looking like I was 17 or 18. One would assume with all the vampire/immortal character saw that they'd mature in some way and no longer be interested in hanging around immature/teenage humans. What does a 100 year old who lives in a different society due to being non-human truly have in common with a high schooler?

I always found it odd.

Except for with Buffy & Angel / Buffy & Spike. I'm a Spuffy shipper - but she was an adult when that started, so it's kind of a moot point.


I love buffy and angel two of my fav shows of all time, Every 2 years i watch them all over again when i start to forget the episodes a little
I just wondered why not college why highschool lol

2372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago
Offline
Posted 10/14/14 , edited 10/14/14

darkangel09rose wrote:

My dad wa 11 years older than my mom met when she was 15 start dating when she was 17 just about to turn 18, I see some times in a way it could be seen as romantic in the olden days this happened allot but now it seen as a taboo and if there 18 everything is fine for there an adult and cant go to jail for it


Sometimes is key here. I don't mean to say that in all circumstances is it okay for someone in their upper 20's to date a 16 year old. I would consider this a rare thing and would have to be looked at as a individual event. This goes back to being responsible about love and romance which it seems like your father was as he was 26 and your mother 15 when they met. 28 and 17 isn't so bad depending on the situation.

I will add though that girls being married to men much older then they are isn't as historically prevalent as people think. It did happen, but it was rare and most women (at least in western cultures) were between 18 and 20 when they got married.
13228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 10/14/14

AliceLilit_ wrote:


darkangel09rose wrote:

My dad wa 11 years older than my mom met when she was 15 start dating when she was 17 just about to turn 18, I see some times in a way it could be seen as romantic in the olden days this happened allot but now it seen as a taboo and if there 18 everything is fine for there an adult and cant go to jail for it


Sometimes is key here. I don't mean to say that in all circumstances is it okay for someone in their upper 20's to date a 16 year old. I would consider this a rare thing and would have to be looked at as a individual event. This goes back to being responsible about love and romance which it seems like your father was as he was 26 and your mother 15 when they met. 28 and 17 isn't so bad depending on the situation.

I will add though that girls being married to men much older then they are isn't as historically prevalent as people think. It did happen, but it was rare and most women (at least in western cultures) were between 18 and 20 when they got married.


well said, well said indeed
You must be logged in to post.