First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
How to SAVE UP for premium CR account
27279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/15/14 , edited 10/15/14
I've no idea how "that" thread along with its dead original links (don't ask) got revived but here is a thread about actually saving up $$$ to pay for a premium account.

I will start with how I personally saved money for a premium account:

1. Cancelled my landline (I have something against my local telephone monopoly anyways, but that's another topic)
2. Cancelled my DSL internet
3. Ordered cable internet, with whichever plan that costs less than landland+DSL originally cost.
-----following 2 steps optional, many people just use cell phone and no "regular" phone---------
4. Get a cheap VOIP box (sometimes goes on sale for $30 or less)
5. Use Google Voice on VOIP box to make+recieve local calls from a regular phone
[Edit: International long distance calls can be cheaper on Google Voice than Skype, check their pricing lists]

Also, I have switched from paying monthly to paying yearly. This is for people who can come up with the yearly fee at one time.

How to switch:
1. Cancel monthly automatic payment, if on automatic payment
2. Wait for membership to expire
3. Re-subscribe to yearly membership using this page http://www.crunchyroll.com/premium_pick_plan?membership=anime

Hope this helps. Feel free to post other legal/legit/safe/sane way of saving up for CR membership.

Here are some off of the top of my head:

- Slow down a bit on the freeways to save on gas cost. (Of course, not too slow) I kid you not- If you have a big enough commute you can save enough just by doing this ALONE.

- Drink 1 less cup of coffee a week?

- Eat out a little less?

- Work on that gaming backlog instead of buying new games

- Prepaid cell phones instead of cell phone plan

- Cancel all magazine / newspaper / cable tv / satellite tv / get all the news and entertainment from the net if not doing so already

- Stop getting any collectibles or "collector's editions" of anything and everything

- Any time you spend money on a "nice to have" or "I want it", pause to think "I can use this money for a CR membership instead"
28029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
? / ? / ?
Offline
Posted 10/15/14
Or you can blow all your money on Asian girls.

Posted 10/15/14
Not CR becoming a financial aid counselling forum...
310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/14
Another great way to get a Crunchyroll premium account is to set your picture to a cute anime girl and pretend to be a real life girl. It's important to use a lot of emotions and to call everyone you ask "big boy". A good example sentence to send out would be the following:

"hey big boy XD im really straped 4 cash recently but im a big HUGE anime fan ^_^ i was wondring if u culd help me get a premium acount so i could keep up to date with my fav animu :3 arigatou gozaimasu in advance (means thank u in japanese)"
62179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 10/15/14 , edited 10/16/14
It's only 60$, get a job.
35784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 10/15/14
LOL, just pay them their $60. I pay more on my monthly Internet bill than a yearly sub to CR.
27279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/16/14 , edited 10/16/14

j226109 wrote:

LOL, just pay them their $60. I pay more on my monthly Internet bill than a yearly sub to CR.


No way, I can eat out a coupla times with that. Let 'em save their own dosh :P


Chaezy wrote:

Another great way to get a Crunchyroll premium account is to set your picture to a cute anime girl and pretend to be a real life girl. It's important to use a lot of emotions and to call everyone you ask "big boy". A good example sentence to send out would be the following:

"hey big boy XD im really straped 4 cash recently but im a big HUGE anime fan ^_^ i was wondring if u culd help me get a premium acount so i could keep up to date with my fav animu :3 arigatou gozaimasu in advance (means thank u in japanese)"


That doesn't sound legal...


GayAsianBoy wrote:

Not CR becoming a financial aid counselling forum...


I'll admit that I posted this thread just to push that MS Bing thread out
15358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In Clothing
Offline
Posted 10/16/14 , edited 10/16/14
Another will be to stop paying people to strip on Chaturbate. You all know who you are.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/16/14
It's not even much money... Why not just buy it?
32372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 10/16/14 , edited 10/16/14
1. Cable internet (or fiber internet like uverse or fios) is hands down better than DSL, peak DSL speeds for consumers are usually about 10-15 mbps when you are super close to the exchange carrier's site (like less than half a mile) and rarely go above that in North America, on cable, you can usually get at least 30 mbps or more pretty cheap and location is irrelevant as cable wires are shielded (and fiber doesn't require shielding as signal doesn't leak) unlike phone lines. Only get DSL if your cable company's reliability is pathetic; I work in telecomms myself, believe me I know this for a fact!

2. Get a JOB that pays more than $10.10 (Obama's proposed minimum wage) an hour and work overtime. Use the black Friday deal that appears every year.
26718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 10/16/14
I actually do the same thing lol. I don't spend money on expensive clothes or anything.
13071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Hampshire
Offline
Posted 10/16/14
Lessening the amount of sushi you eat in a week definitely helps with saving money. Sushi is expensive. @_@
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/16/14

leolachante wrote:

Lessening the amount of sushi you eat in a week definitely helps with saving money. Sushi is expensive. @_@


How can sushi be expensive, when they don't even cook it?
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/16/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


leolachante wrote:

Lessening the amount of sushi you eat in a week definitely helps with saving money. Sushi is expensive. @_@


How can sushi be expensive, when they don't even cook it?


First of all, fish is expensive. 2nd, you do cook it... You just don't serve it when it's hot.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/16/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


leolachante wrote:

Lessening the amount of sushi you eat in a week definitely helps with saving money. Sushi is expensive. @_@


How can sushi be expensive, when they don't even cook it?


First of all, fish is expensive. 2nd, you do cook it... You just don't serve it when it's hot.


So it's old fish, like cold pizza from the night before.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.