First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Anyone here play csgo?
1656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 11/9/14 , edited 1/6/15
I play it but i kinda suck at it sometimes, especially when people are distracting me by screaming and raging....
My IGN is in japanese but just search cpdion and you should find me. my picture is a cat..
243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Hoboville
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
I play CS:GO along with Dota 2 and some other stuff, so feel free to add me, name's Gaherzafirm, my profile pic is a flaming skull thingy
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/14
Recently got back into it. I think you can find my profile by searching metalshiflet, but the name at the moment is Waifu Sinon
5086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Wichita, KS
Offline
Posted 11/12/14
yeah but i stopped playing the CS franchise when GO was released. Valve on the video game side has been catering to social gamers. So the once extremely competitive game that used to be counterstrike is dead... but Ill still play it everynow and then but any Source game is now locked or defaulted at 66 tick. IDK any good shooters right now.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/14

Siman1990 wrote:

yeah but i stopped playing the CS franchise when GO was released. Valve on the video game side has been catering to social gamers. So the once extremely competitive game that used to be counterstrike is dead... but Ill still play it everynow and then but any Source game is now locked or defaulted at 66 tick. IDK any good shooters right now.


On the contrary, I've found CS:GO to be far more of a competitive game than CSS at least
5086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Wichita, KS
Offline
Posted 11/13/14
Its far from it, professional gaming in the way of shooters 100 tick is slow but acceptable CS:GO is defaulted at 66 tick like TF2 and other current gen source games. Vavle's lag compensation system is also starting to become dated. I used to play CS competitively back when CAL meant something I went to the invitationals. I didn't make it far but it was fun. These days I don't get into it anymore because of the cost cutting that is running rampant through the various game companies. Most everyone has made the games with heavy social ties because they simply sell better. The only real shooter I enjoy still is Insurgency and its far from perfect to make it a serious contender. These days the gaming leagues favor RTS style games to FPS, because again it sells better. The land scape is a far cry form ware it was, most competition CS players even stopped playing after valve started bowing down to less skilled players and modded the weapon attributes.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/14/14

Siman1990 wrote:

Its far from it, professional gaming in the way of shooters 100 tick is slow but acceptable CS:GO is defaulted at 66 tick like TF2 and other current gen source games. Vavle's lag compensation system is also starting to become dated. I used to play CS competitively back when CAL meant something I went to the invitationals. I didn't make it far but it was fun. These days I don't get into it anymore because of the cost cutting that is running rampant through the various game companies. Most everyone has made the games with heavy social ties because they simply sell better. The only real shooter I enjoy still is Insurgency and its far from perfect to make it a serious contender. These days the gaming leagues favor RTS style games to FPS, because again it sells better. The land scape is a far cry form ware it was, most competition CS players even stopped playing after valve started bowing down to less skilled players and modded the weapon attributes.


Basically, you're an elitist? The competitive in CS:GO is more accessible and seems to have more notice than in CSS.
5086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Wichita, KS
Offline
Posted 11/14/14 , edited 11/14/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


Siman1990 wrote:

Its far from it, professional gaming in the way of shooters 100 tick is slow but acceptable CS:GO is defaulted at 66 tick like TF2 and other current gen source games. Vavle's lag compensation system is also starting to become dated. I used to play CS competitively back when CAL meant something I went to the invitationals. I didn't make it far but it was fun. These days I don't get into it anymore because of the cost cutting that is running rampant through the various game companies. Most everyone has made the games with heavy social ties because they simply sell better. The only real shooter I enjoy still is Insurgency and its far from perfect to make it a serious contender. These days the gaming leagues favor RTS style games to FPS, because again it sells better. The land scape is a far cry form ware it was, most competition CS players even stopped playing after valve started bowing down to less skilled players and modded the weapon attributes.


Basically, you're an elitist? The competitive in CS:GO is more accessible and seems to have more notice than in CSS.




No just for a time I played professionally there is nothing wrong with social gaming, just not my cup of tea. Its a bit different when you are living off the money you make from gaming. The lack of response time from the server can mean the difference between wining 500 USD or loosing your buy in fee. There was a few times that I ended up 5k shorted from my pocket because the battery in my mouse died...
Posted 11/14/14
This game is either really fun or really frustrating. It`s never in the middle.
48410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/17/14


Just FYI, CS:GO has 128 tick servers. Only matchmaking is 64tic.
19 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / NY
Offline
Posted 11/17/14 , edited 11/17/14
WhatUpSlime, Add me If you wish. Also play Dota2, Payday2, Guild Wars, and some others.
5086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Wichita, KS
Offline
Posted 11/17/14
Sorry still in the orange box memorys. Yeah its still not much better though. In source i got used to playing on 100 tick servers. In all honesty i still miss the insane tick rates you could get out of source gold.
9933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa, but station...
Offline
Posted 11/23/14

Siman1990 wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Siman1990 wrote:

Its far from it, professional gaming in the way of shooters 100 tick is slow but acceptable CS:GO is defaulted at 66 tick like TF2 and other current gen source games. Vavle's lag compensation system is also starting to become dated. I used to play CS competitively back when CAL meant something I went to the invitationals. I didn't make it far but it was fun. These days I don't get into it anymore because of the cost cutting that is running rampant through the various game companies. Most everyone has made the games with heavy social ties because they simply sell better. The only real shooter I enjoy still is Insurgency and its far from perfect to make it a serious contender. These days the gaming leagues favor RTS style games to FPS, because again it sells better. The land scape is a far cry form ware it was, most competition CS players even stopped playing after valve started bowing down to less skilled players and modded the weapon attributes.


Basically, you're an elitist? The competitive in CS:GO is more accessible and seems to have more notice than in CSS.




No just for a time I played professionally there is nothing wrong with social gaming, just not my cup of tea. Its a bit different when you are living off the money you make from gaming. The lack of response time from the server can mean the difference between wining 500 USD or loosing your buy in fee. There was a few times that I ended up 5k shorted from my pocket because the battery in my mouse died...


100% agree with social ties.
All games are now TEAM games.
Then you got starcraft bore. We wonder why all the pro players retire so fast.

Who uses wireless mice in tournies o.o
Oh wait you must be spending alot of money on fancy mice with 10 buttons
and shiny keyboards the glow lol



















53143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
We all play csgo, add anyone in this group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TrollAlts
5086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Wichita, KS
Offline
Posted 11/24/14 , edited 11/24/14

nhiscool wrote:


Siman1990 wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Siman1990 wrote:

Its far from it, professional gaming in the way of shooters 100 tick is slow but acceptable CS:GO is defaulted at 66 tick like TF2 and other current gen source games. Vavle's lag compensation system is also starting to become dated. I used to play CS competitively back when CAL meant something I went to the invitationals. I didn't make it far but it was fun. These days I don't get into it anymore because of the cost cutting that is running rampant through the various game companies. Most everyone has made the games with heavy social ties because they simply sell better. The only real shooter I enjoy still is Insurgency and its far from perfect to make it a serious contender. These days the gaming leagues favor RTS style games to FPS, because again it sells better. The land scape is a far cry form ware it was, most competition CS players even stopped playing after valve started bowing down to less skilled players and modded the weapon attributes.


Basically, you're an elitist? The competitive in CS:GO is more accessible and seems to have more notice than in CSS.


No just for a time I played professionally there is nothing wrong with social gaming, just not my cup of tea. Its a bit different when you are living off the money you make from gaming. The lack of response time from the server can mean the difference between wining 500 USD or loosing your buy in fee. There was a few times that I ended up 5k shorted from my pocket because the battery in my mouse died...


100% agree with social ties.
All games are now TEAM games.
Then you got starcraft bore. We wonder why all the pro players retire so fast.

Who uses wireless mice in tournies o.o
Oh wait you must be spending alot of money on fancy mice with 10 buttons
and shiny keyboards the glow lol


I do, I find the cord annoying. Also with the polling rates on usb mice it doesnt become much of an issue. It then comes down to personal feel over brand, cable, or coolness. For the longest time i used a old Logitech optical ps2 port mouse, just because i liked the feel. Also on most keyboards with leds you can dim them or shut them off entirely. I find them useful at times as i also like to game in the dark. Crt monitors at the time would have glare across the glass screen. On a side note aswell i used a crt monitor for all my active years, since it gives you much higher refresh rates. That even holds true today, you also can find people still using ps2 deveices since they too have inharently less lentency than usb devices that really on being polled on the usb buss. That is why on some gammer boards you still see ps2 ports.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.