First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Shows suddenly stop
8060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/19/14
This just started today but when I am watching a show on my PC, it will randomly stop and show the screen that is shown at the end of each episode that shows other shows and the repeat button. I reload it and it keeps playing but soon after the same things happens again! I've been trying to watch this show but it's been over 10 times and I'm just halfway through this episode. This is really frustrating.
107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Where?
Offline
Posted 10/20/14
Right now, I'm having problem with Chronicles of the Going Home Club episode 12 (after 8 minutes), it froze everywhere on this site (causing my Google Chrome to crash). I cannot click to report the playback problem because the site is unclickable (mouse pointer cannot turn into 'hand'). I checked Adobe and Java and all are updated, I even cleared the cookies for Chrome and defragmented my laptop. I went back to that episode and it still CRASHED. Can someone please fix that episode?

All other sites such as youtube and f2p sites are working just fine. It's only CR that's causing the problem.
58670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 10/20/14

DarkAbsol wrote:

Right now, I'm having problem with Chronicles of the Going Home Club episode 12 (after 8 minutes), it froze everywhere on this site (causing my Google Chrome to crash). I cannot click to report the playback problem because the site is unclickable (mouse pointer cannot turn into 'hand').


The "Report Playback Problems" link takes you to the /contact form, which you can still use to report playback problems.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 10/20/14 , edited 10/20/14

KegstandDan wrote:

This just started today but when I am watching a show on my PC, it will randomly stop and show the screen that is shown at the end of each episode that shows other shows and the repeat button. I reload it and it keeps playing but soon after the same things happens again! I've been trying to watch this show but it's been over 10 times and I'm just halfway through this episode. This is really frustrating.


Thank you for reporting the issue. I've informed our engineers. In the meantime, can you please try turning off your auto-play button? Let me know if it helps or does absolutely nothing.
107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Where?
Offline
Posted 10/20/14

eyeofpain wrote:


DarkAbsol wrote:

Right now, I'm having problem with Chronicles of the Going Home Club episode 12 (after 8 minutes), it froze everywhere on this site (causing my Google Chrome to crash). I cannot click to report the playback problem because the site is unclickable (mouse pointer cannot turn into 'hand').


The "Report Playback Problems" link takes you to the /contact form, which you can still use to report playback problems.


Thanks for the link. During that video, the whole screen was completely frozen, so I cannot click the link 'Report Playback Problems' on that site.

I would like to add that while the episode 12th of Chronicles of the Going Home Club was having the problem (kept freezing, causing Google Chrome to crash no matter what), I checked the other videos such as Dog Days series and they were playing just fine.
736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/20/14
It sounds like you're hitting a specific ad that crashes the Flash Player. Before you hit 8 minutes, right click the video and "Disable Video Smoothing". That should allow the ad to play normally, then Enable Video Smoothing again.
107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Where?
Offline
Posted 10/20/14

Koitenshin wrote:

It sounds like you're hitting a specific ad that crashes the Flash Player. Before you hit 8 minutes, right click the video and "Disable Video Smoothing". That should allow the ad to play normally, then Enable Video Smoothing again.


That seems bit....Impossible. You see....You can see the episode 12th on the top left, the time mark is stuck at after 8 minute mark (just before the ad video, but I'm currently using the Adblock, so...).



Whenever I click that video, it opens up, right after 8 minute mark. It just instantly freezes just like that. In other words, it's impossible for me to 'rewind' that video upon clicking that video. I also tried to disable the adblock and it still doesn't solve any problems.

Whenever it happens, it keeps showing that the Shockwave Player has crashed. Yes, I did check the updates and all are up-to-date. What I find weird is that when I played the other videos (Dog Days, Naruto, etc.), they were playing just fine.
58670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 10/20/14

DarkAbsol wrote:

That seems bit....Impossible. You see....You can see the episode 12th on the top left, the time mark is stuck at after 8 minute mark (just before the ad video, but I'm currently using the Adblock, so...)

Whenever I click that video, it opens up, right after 8 minute mark. It just instantly freezes just like that. In other words, it's impossible for me to 'rewind' that video upon clicking that video. I also tried to disable the adblock and it still doesn't solve any problems.

Whenever it happens, it keeps showing that the Shockwave Player has crashed. Yes, I did check the updates and all are up-to-date. What I find weird is that when I played the other videos (Dog Days, Naruto, etc.), they were playing just fine.


If you're a free member, and using adblock, that could very easily be the cause of your issue.

Try disabling the extension/add-on and see if the problem persists (whitelisting may not work, as many ads are delivered by outside partners).
107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Where?
Offline
Posted 10/20/14 , edited 10/20/14

eyeofpain wrote:


DarkAbsol wrote:

That seems bit....Impossible. You see....You can see the episode 12th on the top left, the time mark is stuck at after 8 minute mark (just before the ad video, but I'm currently using the Adblock, so...)

Whenever I click that video, it opens up, right after 8 minute mark. It just instantly freezes just like that. In other words, it's impossible for me to 'rewind' that video upon clicking that video. I also tried to disable the adblock and it still doesn't solve any problems.

Whenever it happens, it keeps showing that the Shockwave Player has crashed. Yes, I did check the updates and all are up-to-date. What I find weird is that when I played the other videos (Dog Days, Naruto, etc.), they were playing just fine.


If you're a free member, and using adblock, that could very easily be the cause of your issue.

Try disabling the extension/add-on and see if the problem persists (whitelisting may not work, as many ads are delivered by outside partners).


I'm REALLY starting to think that Episode 12 of Chronicles of the Going Home Club's the problem with the video playback (on CrunchyRoll's side, not mine's), which is causing the Shockwave player to crash, thus causing Google Chrome to freeze up. I tried EVERYTHING; disabling/removing adblock, re-installing Adobe/Java, defragmented the computer, disabling a certain plug-in that's in conflict with Chrome. NOTHING solves this, therefore, I think it's the 12th Episode of that anime's the problem. I did try to watch Episode 11th all the way and it's working just fine, but not the 12th episode. :/

I did report that problem on the 12th episode while the adblock was disabled, which makes the ads run just fine. When the ad is finished and returned back to the main episode, it still froze.
42650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 10/20/14
I can also verify this behavior on that episode.. I tried a different browser (IE), bare bones, no add-ons or extensions, without logging in, so the commercials came up and it did freeze at exactly 8 minutes at both 360 and 480p resolutions.

It doesn't freeze in Chrome when I log in with my membership so that ads do not come up. It plays through with no problems at both 480p and 720p as well that way. It only seems to affect users who would get ads.
107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Where?
Offline
Posted 10/20/14 , edited 10/20/14

asharka wrote:

I can also verify this behavior on that episode.. I tried a different browser (IE), bare bones, no add-ons or extensions, without logging in, so the commercials came up and it did freeze at exactly 8 minutes at both 360 and 480p resolutions.

It doesn't freeze in Chrome when I log in with my membership so that ads do not come up. It plays through with no problems at both 480p and 720p as well that way. It only seems to affect users who would get ads.


Glad to know I'm not the only one who's experiencing this exact problem. I'm a free member, so I watch with either SD or 480p. I watch the anime here with Adblock no problem, until I encountered that exact problem, which caused the system to crash. I just wish 12th Episode of Chronicles of the Going Home Club would be fixed.
Stumpo 
80082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/21/14 , edited 10/21/14
I'm not a free member, and I am getting this problem with One Piece. So far it's happened on eps 586-588.

This just started today, I'll be watching the video, then plink it skips to the next one. I'll have to refresh my browser then skip to just past the point where it cut off last time then it will play through.

Update, just happened again on eps 588, I even tried unchecking the autoplay video button. All it did then was end the stream, and bring me to the replay screen.
736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/21/14 , edited 10/21/14
I finally hit the 12th episode of that series today, and I too am having DarkAbsol's issue. I've done EVERYTHING that normally clears up issues on this site (for me anyways), and nothing worked at all including lowering the resolution.
58670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 10/21/14

DarkAbsol wrote:


asharka wrote:

I can also verify this behavior on that episode.. I tried a different browser (IE), bare bones, no add-ons or extensions, without logging in, so the commercials came up and it did freeze at exactly 8 minutes at both 360 and 480p resolutions.

It doesn't freeze in Chrome when I log in with my membership so that ads do not come up. It plays through with no problems at both 480p and 720p as well that way. It only seems to affect users who would get ads.


Glad to know I'm not the only one who's experiencing this exact problem. I'm a free member, so I watch with either SD or 480p. I watch the anime here with Adblock no problem, until I encountered that exact problem, which caused the system to crash. I just wish 12th Episode of Chronicles of the Going Home Club would be fixed. :(



Koitenshin wrote:

I finally hit the 12th episode of that series today, and I too am having DarkAbsol's issue. I've done EVERYTHING that normally clears up issues on this site (for me anyways), and nothing worked at all including lowering the resolution.


I had some extra guest passes, so I sent you guys one each. Let us know if you can get past the 8 minute mark as a premium member.
736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/21/14
The guest pass cleared it right up, so once again it was the specific ad I keep running into that crashes flash no matter what.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.