First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Yoru no Yatterman Anticipation and Discussion
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/11/15
This anime has potential. Could be an underrated hit.
32698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WORLD OF KLAC
Offline
Posted 1/12/15


indeed this is curve ball series of the season.
Posted 1/13/15 , edited 1/13/15
So, you don't have to have watched the original Yatterman series to understand this show, do you? I could follow the first episode alright, so just making sure, that I don't pick up something I am missing essential context to.

Good start anyway. Seems very interesting, but I am not quite sure if the girl will make an engaging enough lead to keep me invested. Tear jerking moment didn't work on me, those rarely do when done in one of the first episode, but her passing away was a necessary thing to get the plot rolling and they did that scene rather well. Probably gonna be following this, let's see where it goes from here.
52891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 1/13/15 , edited 1/13/15
Holy Shit, This might be a super sleeper, I am not sure what to expect from the rest of the Series, but I am without a doubt a major fan of episode 1, it has to be in the top 5 starts of this season, strong foundation setup...hopefully Funi releases it soon so it gets more recognition. Is it just me or does the art style reminds anyone of YQ(Quartet)?

EDIT: Funi has it released, watch it guys.
33785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AR
Online
Posted 1/13/15

cay032692 wrote:

Holy Shit, This might be a super sleeper, I am not sure what to expect from the rest of the Series, but I am without a doubt a major fan of episode 1, it has to be in the top 5 starts of this season, strong foundation setup...hopefully Funi releases it soon so it gets more recognition. Is it just me or does the art style reminds anyone of YQ(Quartet)?

EDIT: Funi has it released, watch it guys.

Same studio I think. As for the episode it does indeed have a very strong start, will be following.

Koda89 
33626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 1/13/15
Definitely one of my favorite first episodes from a "new" series this season(the others being Death Parade, The Rolling Girls, and Saekano, for what it is worth), if not possibly my favorite overall.

This has great potential. Definitely a sleeper for sure. Could FUNi have another Bahamut/GARO on their hands, ie a show with very little fanfare heading into the season, but once the first episode airs people get blown away by it?
63534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 1/13/15
Episode 1

Great first episode, looks like this has potential to be another successful Tatsunoko remake much like Casshern Sins and Gatchaman Crowds (well, I still have to watch Gatchaman)

What I like about these remakes is that they take the original IP and totally revamp it in every detail. I'm familiar with all the Tatsunoko characters because I played the living hell out of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, so it's great to see a different take on the characters and setting.

I mean, in the original Yatterman, the Doronbo Gang were the bad guys! What's cool is that this almost seems like a sequel to the original story where the Yattermen saved the day and built a peaceful kingdom, but eventually his descendants became corrupt and lusted for power. The wiki description was very insightful:

A long time ago, the Yattermen were heroes of justice who fought against the evil Doronbo Gang, exiling them and bringing peace to the Yatter Kingdom. Several generations later, however, the Yattermen have since become corrupt with power while everyone else has been forced to live in poverty and despair. After losing her mother to the Yattermen's selfishness, Leopard, a direct descendant of the gang's leader Doronji, reforms the Doronbo Gang with Boyacky and Tonzura's descendents, Voltkatze and Elephantus, to rebel against the corrupt Yattermen.


A total flip of the original franchise and Casshern Sins was the same way. I gotta watch Gatchaman Crowds because I seem to have a major liking for these Tatsunoko remakes.

Also who's the studio behind this? Tatsunoko Productions is producing it, I know that, but who's the studio animating it?

Anyways, I loved the first episode and this definitely gets a stamp of approval:
52891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 1/13/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Episode 1




Dat ghost quote tho, I think your hypes are matching up this season so "yay" , too bad you don't watch KnB, its so good D:

Stamps going out of style =p
63534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 1/13/15

cay032692 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Episode 1




Dat ghost quote tho, I think your hypes are matching up this season so "yay" , too bad you don't watch KnB, its so good D:

Stamps going out of style =p


I use stamps for the first episodes and that's it Heh heh

And I will watch KnB, it will just may take a few months.

And yes, my "hypes" are matching up to your "hypes" sooo....
26845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/13/15
I watched a couple eps of the 1977 Yatterman after this and I can't imagine how the toy shop dude in bell bottoms, his cute GF and Yatterwan could possibly become evil. Will keep watching for sure.
51985 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 1/13/15

Resident_Gundam wrote:

I watched a couple eps of the 1977 Yatterman after this and I can't imagine how the toy shop dude in bell bottoms, his cute GF and Yatterwan could possibly become evil. Will keep watching for sure.


It's been many many generations, even if it's the same family, it's not actually the original Yatterman 1 and 2.

BTW, excellent show. I seriously love all Tatsunoko's new stuff.
26337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / WI
Offline
Posted 1/14/15 , edited 1/14/15
I went back and watched an episode of the 1977 and the 2008 version and wow were they nothing like this at all, know I knew that it was going to be more oriented towards children but wow was it aimed towards kids. It feel like the type of show that you love as a kid, and then when you go back to it later in life its like wow how did I ever like this crap, 2008 being even worse since the old version is better done and has some of that vintage charm that the 2008 utterly lacked.
Though some of the voice actors are very miscast in the original and doronjo has an annoying voice in both of them (so maybe thats why this one has an annoying voice too, atleast for some people). Also the 70's version was pretty pervy for a kids show, in the first episode already doronjo's clothes got blown-off to near nudity and there was a boob grab from Doracky.

Anyways this show was pretty good, though the tone is basically a complete 180 from were it was before, I like it but it is odd that they would make a fairly serious show (though how dark it will actually be remains to be seen of course) with such a slapstick and wacky franchise.
63534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 1/14/15 , edited 1/14/15

Brizent wrote:

I went back and watched an episode of the 1977 and the 2008 version and wow were they nothing like this at all, know I knew that it was going to be more oriented towards children but wow was it aimed towards kids. It feel like the type of show that you love as a kid, and then when you go back to it later in life its like wow how did I ever like this crap, 2008 being even worse since the old version is better done and has some of that vintage charm that the 2008 utterly lacked.
Though some of the voice actors are very miscast in the original and doronjo has an annoying voice in both of them (so maybe thats why this one has an annoying voice too, atleast for some people). Also the 70's version was pretty pervy for a kids show, in the first episode already doronjo's clothes got blown-off to near nudity and there was a boob grab from Doracky.

Anyways this show was pretty good, though the tone is basically a complete 180 from were it was before, I like it but it is odd that they would make a fairly serious show (though how dark it will actually be remains to be seen of course) with such a slapstick and wacky franchise.


That's why I love these new Tatsunoko remakes since they bring in a new and more mature vibe compared to their predecessors, I mean look at Casshern Sins. I feel like these remakes are simultaneously trying to capture in new people into the franchise and appealing to old fans who will look at this and see a completely different set up than what they were used to back when they were young. Killing two birds with one stone.

Anyways, I'm really excited to see where this will go. The first episode really captured me and seeing the Doronbo as the good guys is a total trip! I love it!
95164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/14/15
beware the wrath of a disillusioned 9 year old
43666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/14/15
I'm just going to call her "Kate" instead. It's easier to remember.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.