First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply GATE (Season 1 and 2) Anticipation and Discussion
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Online
Posted 10/21/14
Oh, as to the rape parts, I just skimmed past the explicit scenes. The thing about the rapes in the story is that they are necessary for the plot and character development. And, to be honest, they are a realistic view of what things would be like in a society at that level of development.
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 10/21/14

dracphelan wrote:


sonic720 wrote:

Sounds similar to Outbreak Company. Though more action oriented and less political in nature.


It is nowhere near that comedic. It is gritty enough that I would like to see the same people who did Attack on Titan make this series.

One of the things I like about it is how they handle modern weapons in a fantasy setting and the psychology of modern soldiers. The main character is supposed to be a graduate of the US Army's Ranger school, and he reminds me of several Ranger school graduates I have met. I also loved how they showed the modern soldiers' reaction to slavery.


This guy gets it. I never meet any rangers, but I was in the Army for a while. A manga that tries to use modern military is really interesting to me. Mix that in with a Vs. Fantasy setting, it's really cool.
299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/21/14

iamtheredseven wrote:


dracphelan wrote:


sonic720 wrote:

Sounds similar to Outbreak Company. Though more action oriented and less political in nature.


It is nowhere near that comedic. It is gritty enough that I would like to see the same people who did Attack on Titan make this series.

One of the things I like about it is how they handle modern weapons in a fantasy setting and the psychology of modern soldiers. The main character is supposed to be a graduate of the US Army's Ranger school, and he reminds me of several Ranger school graduates I have met. I also loved how they showed the modern soldiers' reaction to slavery.


This guy gets it. I never meet any rangers, but I was in the Army for a while. A manga that tries to use modern military is really interesting to me. Mix that in with a Vs. Fantasy setting, it's really cool.


Soldier of today meet soldier of medieval. Is the vibe of getting here wit ha splash of fantasy mixed in there.
5126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alabama, USA
Offline
Posted 10/21/14
I really hope this does get made, my friend showed it to me once and while I haven't finished the manga, or even got all that far in it, I love the premise and it was really good from what I read. I have been hoping there was going to be an anime since I heard about it
37970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/21/14
This could turn into bad adaption with heavy censorship.
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 10/22/14
Any new news?
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 10/22/14
You know it occurs to me this might not even be anything about an anime. This site could just be like a viewing site for anime or something.
299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/22/14
Finally caught up to the most recent chapter. I must say, it's bloody amazing! Never been so excited to wait for the next chapter before!

Some really good stuff here.
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 10/23/14

xPavilion wrote:

Finally caught up to the most recent chapter. I must say, it's bloody amazing! Never been so excited to wait for the next chapter before!

Some really good stuff here.


Glad you liked it. I'm always happy to see someone enjoy the things you enjoy.
21705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 12/18/14
It's confirmed. Here the announcement teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44pTKYkzMY
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 12/18/14
Aaaaaaaw yeah.
314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/15 , edited 3/19/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulCg2hnu54

new trailer.İn July.Yes manga was awesome...Just waiting...
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 3/19/15

ozman80 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulCg2hnu54

new trailer.İn July.Yes manga was awesome...Just waiting...


Soiled it! Soiled it! Soiled it!

But seriously, why didnt' they just keep the original manga designs for the girls? They moeized the hell out of Rere. And I don't even know what the hell they were thinking for Rori. Goddamn they better knock the show out of the park.
8894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Baltimore, Maryland
Offline
Posted 3/19/15
the promo art makes this look like another sao
64912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 3/19/15
Looks like an interesting show there. It has a great concept, so I'll see how this turns out.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.