First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Racism And Nazism
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/23/14


I'm against Sverigedemokraterna and I didn't vote for them (I voted for Socialdemokraterna). But it's a fact, a lot of people voted for them because there was no other party to vote for since the other parties didn't bring up migration more then Sverigedemokraterna is evil and vote for someone else. Just think about it, if USA have a president election and then Obama say "I don't care if you vote for me, just don't vote for him"... That's not really a valid reason to give and it doesn't make you want to vote for him, and that's what's happened in Sweden......... It doesn't help when the big parties haven't listened to what the people want, so I guess you could throw that in as well.

Btw, you seem to have mixed up Sverigedemokraterna and Svenskarnas parti. Svenskarnas parti wants everyone who isn't 100% "pure" swedish blooded thrown out of the country (including tourists) or killed. They also want everyone with neuropsychiatric disability to be thrown into prison. Where as Sverigedemokraterna wants to send money to help people wherever they are. And yes, I understand that it doesn't just work like that but still, Sverigedemokraterna is miles better then Svenskarnas parti... Even tho they're also a bunch of asshats.

But hey, don't take my word for it... And use Google translate if you don't understand Swedish https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article19547531.ab https://www.aftonbladet.se/debatt/debattamnen/politik/article19543273.ab https://www.aftonbladet.se/kultur/article19516606.ab https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article19132268.ab.

The problem with Swedish politics is that it's been mixed into two groups, one where everyone is against immigration and another where everyone is 100% for immigration and don't see the flaws with our current system. If there was some sort of middle group in between then Sverigedemokraterna would loose 60% of their total votes. Also, their leader is currently sick... Thus meaning that they're not going to be avail to do jackshit.

Also, you don't seem to understand what kalle anka partiet (Donald Duck Party) truly stands for. 1, they stand for free liquor. 2, they want to make all forms of liquor age free.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/23/14

DollyDagger11 wrote:


noka_ wrote:

why is this getting people more pissed off than the real extent of racism? oh, because it affects you too? don't marginalize something serious by bringing up stupid stories, you find those with anything.


MAYBE IT DOES. Okay maybe not really. We just like to know our history and tend to duke things out, it happens.





That's what I was saying. Frustration overload

I didn't reply because I realized that my original claim was a bit off. But still, they were treated like shit before and after world war 1.
24570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 10/23/14
Story time. I was in a book store looking at comic books & graphic novels. You know, the usual thing I'd do in a book store when I'm not with my children. While I was hunched over looking at the lower shelf, two tall, broad shouldered, black gentlemen who were dressed in what some might say "thug" attire came over to the graphic novel section. I paid them no mind until I started to hear them speak. They were talking at length arguing about who was a better artist for Batman and Justice League comics bringing up artist names I had only known passingly. Their intense discussion on the art, writing style, etc of comic books was unexpected based on appearances alone. I walked away from the encounter reminded of a truism - "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

We all have inherent prejudice built within us based on our previous experiences with others and what has been told to us. How you respond to said prejudices helps define who you are, determine if you truly are racist or merely someone who's experiences have given them a wrong impression.

All that said - political correctness goes to extremes sometimes. We jump all over things calling them racist. Example: in 2012, Mitt Romney referred to a difficult situation as a "tar baby." It's an old expression dating back to the old Uncle Remus stories of the last 1800s. Were those stories racist by today's standards? Yes, a little. Was the intent behind the use of the phrase to insult a race or merely to say something was a sticky situation? It's the latter. We need to be realistic when we approach situations and more pragmatic. People jump all over others for words when there's no racist intent behind it. There are people today who get angry about classic literature like Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn due to the use of the n word. Were there racists in the book? Yes, that was the point. The book was showing how racism was wrong and yes, used the terminology others would have used at the time. Does that make the book racist? Absolutely not.
13793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hideout #13
Offline
Posted 10/23/14
I've atey-ate some icecream and drunky-drunk some cola and now saying you all ninety-night! (:
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/23/14

elan7aad10 wrote:

I've atey-ate some icecream and drunky-drunk some cola and now saying you all ninety-night! (:


What?
42439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/23/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


elan7aad10 wrote:

I've atey-ate some icecream and drunky-drunk some cola and now saying you all ninety-night! (:


What?



Exactly.
28332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/23/14 , edited 10/23/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

I'm not trying to start a political war or anything on CR nor am I a racist or nazi. Now proceed to my rant


I live in Sweden and as such I don't know how it is in other countries outside Sweden. But in Sweden people use racism and nazism as a excuse for being butthurt over something.

Let's start off with racism. Humans with a darker skinned color have in the past (less then 100 years ago) been treated like living trash by white skinned humans. And this has of course made them pissed and I fully understand why... But now they've got the same rights as us "white", so it's all in the past (atleast in Sweden). And I look at them as true equals.



A few years ago there was a chocolate drink named "pucko" (translating to stupid). The company behind pucko advertised the chocolate drink with taglines like "why don't you drink some, stupid". And everyone was completely fine with both the drink and how it was advertised until there was this one person who decided that it was racist... So what did he/she do? Well, she/he reported the company to the police... And guess what? the company had to stop making the product and pay damages to him/her just because he/she claimed it was racist. I'm against this and I hate people who do these type of things as excuses to make things go their way. Infact, I know friends who are dark who say that people who do these type of things are just a embarrassment to the black people.



Now let's hop over to Nazism. It's not a secret what the nazi f*cks did to jews in world war 2, I do think that everyone who supports Nazism should be thrown into prison since all people are equal. You can't claim that your life problems are connected to another gender or race and as such I think it's a horrible way of life to support the nazi way of thinking. However I'm also against how some anti-nazi people think. In the year 1988 a Swedish ice cream manufacturer made a ice cream with the name 88.



And a few weeks the media started saying things like it had a Nazi message hidden within it... What you ask? Well............... The people whom claims that it had a Nazi message in it said that H is the 8th letter in the alphabet and that in the 2nd world war nazi-germany used 88 as a code for "hail hitler". And all I have to say to the f*cks whom think that it's meant as a nazi message is this... If you have a brain then use it, the ice cream was made in 1988, thus it's name. The name has no connection to Nazism what so f******ever.

So what do you thin about my rant? are your country experiencing anything similar?


Well... that's beyond ridiculous. I can't for the love of me even UNDERSTAND what was supposed to be racist about "pucko" (unless the word itself is somehow derivative from some old derogatory racist term...?), and the 88 thing seems straight out of a conspiracy theory.

I've observed quite a lot of difference in terms of what is considered "offensive" from my country (Italy) to where I live now (UK).
Italy tends to be quite relaxed about these things as the general feeling is, imho, the right way to look at it: something is racist if, well, common sense dictates that it has been said/done with racist intent. No one would call Tarantino racist for putting so many times the N-word in "Django Unchained" because hell, the movie is about a slave taking his gruesome revenge on as many evil, moustache-twirling white masters as possible! Of course it's not racist. The term is used only to make the bad guys look worse, if anything.
However, Italy can also go too far with tolerance in this sense. We had a (rather uncivil and generally imbecile) politician throw a friggin' banana at a black Minister and get nothing for it - not even being expelled from the Parliament. So there's that. But the good side is that at least we know the fucker's a racist and there's no hiding that fact.
On the other hand, it seems to me that UK/US culture has this thing where there's a lot of attachment to "form". So words become offensive, even when put in context they weren't meant to be. A similar attitude is taken towards feminism issues: it's one thing to discriminate women or be demeaning towards them in other ways, but the whole fuss about for example the "Spider Woman" Milo Manara cover was ridiculous. It's like there are no distinctions; we can't afford to simply look at a situation and use our judgement, we need to establish rules that work automatically, words to ban, behaviours to chastise, no matter how they can change meaning and purpose depending on the situation. Yet still, I work in academia and it's a world ruled by middle-aged British white men - everyone else is mostly in position of lesser responsibilities. So what use is rejecting racism in FORM if then very practical issues - like the incredibly high price of education - still keep perpetuating the power of the same, old elite? Beats me. It seems rather hypocritical.

35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/23/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

I'm against Sverigedemokraterna and I didn't vote for them (I voted for Socialdemokraterna). But it's a fact, a lot of people voted for them because there was no other party to vote for since the other parties didn't bring up migration more then Sverigedemokraterna is evil and vote for someone else. Just think about it, if USA have a president election and then Obama say "I don't care if you vote for me, just don't vote for him"... That's not really a valid reason to give and it doesn't make you want to vote for him, and that's what's happened in Sweden......... It doesn't help when the big parties haven't listened to what the people want, so I guess you could throw that in as well.


There are a few points to keep in mind:

1. I didn't mean that you personally supported them. I was referring to the electorate in general, more specifically the segment which opted to submit a protest vote for Sweden Democrats. If that's not you, I don't mean you.

2. The fact that Sweden Democrats experienced a huge uptick in popularity, protest vote or not, reflects poorly on the portion of Sweden's electorate which submitted that protest vote and creates a bad image for Sweden (the country).

3. That is more or less the actual character of a US presidential election.


Btw, you seem to have mixed up Sverigedemokraterna and Svenskarnas parti. Svenskarnas parti wants everyone who isn't 100% "pure" swedish blooded thrown out of the country (including tourists) or killed. They also want everyone with neuropsychiatric disability to be thrown into prison. Where as Sverigedemokraterna wants to send money to help people wherever they are. And yes, I understand that it doesn't just work like that but still, Sverigedemokraterna is miles better then Svenskarnas parti... Even tho they're also a bunch of asshats.

But hey, don't take my word for it... And use Google translate if you don't understand Swedish https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article19547531.ab https://www.aftonbladet.se/debatt/debattamnen/politik/article19543273.ab https://www.aftonbladet.se/kultur/article19516606.ab https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article19132268.ab.


For some reason those articles won't translate.

Regardless, I'm talking about the political party which was founded in 1988, was chaired by Anders Klarström (a Neo-Nazi), had Gustaf Ekström (a uniformed member of the SS) as its first auditor, whose activities were coordinated with Fascist and far-right nationalist parties around Europe, and which eventually began to strive to repair its image under the leadership of Mikael Jansson in 1995. The party involved in the Iron Pipe Scandal, in which an MP from the party had engaged in racially motivated street violence.

That's Sverigedemokraterna, isn't it? It may well be that there is a substantial faction within Sweden Democrats which genuinely wants to moderate. But there is clearly a faction in there which doesn't. They didn't shed all their racist, violent thugs. If an MP is engaging in this kind of behavior, it's fair to say that there are people like that in the party and that this reflects on the party's character. Especially when the MP in question was a high ranking member, specifically the party's economic spokesman, and only resigned from the party a year after footage of his actions came into the mainstream.


The problem with Swedish politics is that it's been mixed into two groups, one where everyone is against immigration and another where everyone is 100% for immigration and don't see the flaws with our current system. If there was some sort of middle group in between then Sverigedemokraterna would loose 60% of their total votes. Also, their leader is currently sick... Thus meaning that they're not going to be avail to do jackshit.


If there is a sufficient proportion of the electorate to secure that many seats (about 12%) in the Riksdag for a party which previously barely even showed up on the radar, there's a sufficient proportion of the electorate to secure those seats for a reform party without all the baggage. That's my thinking, anyway. Why waste time, money, and manpower with Sverigedemokraterna?


Also, you don't seem to understand what kalle anka partiet (Donald Duck Party) truly stands for. 1, they stand for free liquor. 2, they want to make all forms of liquor age free.


A "party" (it's not a serious political party as far as I'm aware) seeking abolition of the drinking age seems more desirable than a genuine political party with MPs who feel perfectly safe waving pipes about at people, wouldn't you say?
4261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Ubiquitous (...
Offline
Posted 10/23/14
I wear a turban. I am not even Muslim , and i still get made fun of because of it... i am a sikh.
13571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / New Orleans, LA USA
Offline
Posted 10/23/14
I was going to reply to a couple of the posts that I had already read, but then decided against it because there's a quite bit that I want to say. Racism, Nazism, Feminism, ... When it comes to this issue of passing judgement on people based on their immutable, DNA given characteristics there are two sides to the coin.

The first is true racism et.al. People who don't care WHO you are, they only care WHAT you are. This can be because they are tragically misinformed, seriously ignorant or they fear/hate those that are different from them. This is the true root of the issue. Some of this can be solved with tolerance, information, exposure to culture outside of your own and (most importantly IMO), patience. But some of this will always remain as it has since probably the beginning of human history. Humanity has a tendency to fear that which is different and fear leads to hate. (I know that comes dangerously close to quoting Yoda, but he wasn't wrong.) The only thing we can do is pity these people and try to limit any possible violence they may possibly result. The point has to be to continue to move our society in a positive direction as much as possible.

This leads to the other side of the coin. This growing use of political correctness IMO has become an over-correction. Something that is really hindering us and that I feel has no place here is this use of PC as a political tool. Branding someone/thing as racist (branding them as anything really), if you don't believe it to be true, solely to further your own agenda is something I look at with the UTMOST scorn. This does nothing but inflame people and draws attention away from REAL problems. And this is where it gets tricky. The history of discrimination has made many people emotional about the issue and when emotion gets brought into the discussion things take a darker turn. You aren't able to see any argument but your own and often you don't want to see. You take offense easily, even when none was intended. Perhaps there was a place for the emotional argument (and maybe there still is), because you have to be passionate about something to really effect change. But the time is coming, if we aren't already there, when we will all have to try to set emotion aside so that we can truly move forward. You can't ever truly forgive if you're always angry. The past will always be there. History won't change. So the only way forward is to come together. Stop trying to see differences. Stop looking for slights and offenses that aren't really being offered. It has to be a collective effort and as skeptical as I know I can be I hope we can do it.
17096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 10/23/14 , edited 10/23/14

sikhgamer wrote:

I wear a turban. I am not even Muslim , and i still get made fun of because of it... i am a sikh.



If you live in the US, you notice quick that people of other religions get discriminated like no other. Even if you're a born citizen, if you convert to other beliefs like islam, buddhism, judaism, sikh, whatever people don't understand they will bash it. That's just the way society raised the children here, and it's pretty disgusting if you ask me.

It's not even just the issue of hatred towards other beliefs..immigrants have a terrible time. Some worse than others, but I notice special hate towards pakistanis, indians, armenians, iranians, chinese, koreans, ect with a higher education. I mean, these people come to this country for a better future and work hard for it, so why are people on government benefits or jobs with connections have so much hate for these poor people? Ugh, 'merica man.
17096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 10/23/14 , edited 10/23/14

Bri0518 wrote:

The history of discrimination has made many people emotional about the issue and when emotion gets brought into the discussion things take a darker turn. You aren't able to see any argument but your own and often you don't want to see. You take offense easily, even when none was intended. Perhaps there was a place for the emotional argument (and maybe there still is), because you have to be passionate about something to really effect change. But the time is coming, if we aren't already there, when we will all have to try to set emotion aside so that we can truly move forward. You can't ever truly forgive if you're always angry. The past will always be there. History won't change. So the only way forward is to come together. Stop trying to see differences. Stop looking for slights and offenses that aren't really being offered. It has to be a collective effort and as skeptical as I know I can be I hope we can do it.



I get what you're saying, I'm all for peace talks and getting rid of the bullshit. But you have to be careful when you are talking about peace. (Which I assume you are since your argument is that history won't change and we should eventually forgive each other.)

If you take a country whose women were raped, men were killed, had mass murders committed against by the same damn groups of people or country, it's going to be hard to forget that. Have you ever thought about the possibility of countries who committed these mass killings, don't even want to ADMIT these war crimes? That's when people start getting sick of it, and give up on things like peace. And usually, if you take a GOOD look at history, it is the most peaceful countries that get shit on the most. People have used peace to bring people together purely in the name of religion or belief to motivate people, yet they were the ones who ended up screwing people over. It's really hard to move on and trust people at all, and that's why racism is such a sensitive and messed up issue. Racism isn't just a color thing that ignorant people should get over with, it can be a more deep rooted issue. You literally have to pull it by it's weeds and make compromises, but it's impossible because countries like their stolen land, already took the women, and have huge profits from that.
23145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Sweden, Stockholm
Offline
Posted 10/23/14
Det heter NegerBoll och inte ChockladBoll * Punkt Slut *
13571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / New Orleans, LA USA
Offline
Posted 10/23/14

DollyDagger11 wrote:

I get what you're saying, I'm all for peace talks and getting rid of the bullshit. But you have to be careful when you are talking about peace. (Which I assume you are since your argument is that history won't change and we should eventually forgive each other.)

If you take a country who's women were raped, men were killed, had mass murders committed against by the same damn groups of people or country, it's going to be hard to forget that. Have you ever thought about the possibility of countries who committed these mass killings, don't even want to ADMIT these war crimes? That's when people start getting sick of it, and give up on things like peace. And usually, if you take a GOOD look at history, it is the most peaceful countries that get shit on the most. People have used peace to bring people together purely in the name of religion or belief to motivate people, yet they were the ones who ended up screwing people over. It's really hard to move on and trust people at all, and that's why racism is such a sensitive and messed up issue. Racism isn't just a color thing that ignorant people should get over with, it can be a more deep rooted issue. You literally have to pull it by it's weeds and make compromises, but it's impossible because countries like their stolen land, already took the women, and have huge profits from that.


I wasn't really considering it in terms of peace when I was writing it, but yeah. And you are right it is very hard to move past injustices and people do give up on trust. It is certainly a deep rooted issue, but if we say that it's impossible, even with those out there who don't acknowledge their past wrongs, then we're pretty much all doomed. That leaves us with nothing but us versus them and hostility all around. That's why I said at some point, (maybe not now) someone has to forgive.

I can't believe I was talking about a path to world peace. Complete accident on my part.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/23/14 , edited 10/23/14

achraf97 wrote:

Det heter NegerBoll och inte ChockladBoll * Punkt Slut *


Considering the fact that this thread isn't even about the sweet little thing called negerboll.




So in other words you sir deserve a clap, since you wasted your time commenting something unrelated to the topic at hand...

Men nu när jag tänker på det så undrar jag varför folk inte överreagerat på att folk säger negerboll...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.