First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Is it wrong that I like Heathcliff as a character? (SAO)
Zodai 
11314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/14
I feel he was a good character, though we don't have much information on him. Going for a goal long enough that you forget the purpose is an under-done trope, personally. More development would be useful, though.
64904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 10/25/14
In a sense, there's nothing wrong about that. Heathcliff is a much better villain than Oberon, and it is that difference that made SAO such a great arc, while ALO was crap. What Heathcliff was doing served some sort of purpose that has never been revealed, while what Sugou did was just out of pure selfishness. So yeah, there's nothing wrong with liking Heathcliff. Now if it had been Sugou, then that's where I would have said that you need your head checked.
6981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 10/25/14 , edited 10/25/14
Try liking Rosalia/Evil Rosalina
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

SportingNightRaid wrote:

Try liking Rosalia/Evil Rosalina


Well, I see an appeal, but it's not in her character
4193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/14 , edited 10/25/14

PhantomGundam wrote:

Of course it's wrong to like him as a character... because he was barely a character to begin with.

Pretty much this... I mean seriously... how much screentime did he get anyway? The only thing you'd know about him from the anime is just that he was the leader of a famous guild, that he pretty much cheated in his own game, and that he started that death game for the lulz...
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Online
Posted 10/25/14
heathcliff is probably noble in some way, he has his own back story that hopefully will surface one day.
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

MartianMage wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:

Of course it's wrong to like him as a character... because he was barely a character to begin with.

Pretty much this... I mean seriously... how much screentime did he get anyway? The only thing you'd know about him from the anime is just that he was the leader of a famous guild, that he pretty much cheated in his own game, and that he started that death game for the lulz...


You get to know him a bit better in the books. They even sit down, talk and have fake ramen with him at one point.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:


MartianMage wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:

Of course it's wrong to like him as a character... because he was barely a character to begin with.

Pretty much this... I mean seriously... how much screentime did he get anyway? The only thing you'd know about him from the anime is just that he was the leader of a famous guild, that he pretty much cheated in his own game, and that he started that death game for the lulz...


You get to know him a bit better in the books. They even sit down, talk and have fake ramen with him at one point.


I discovered that I liked him while reading the light novels. He didn't really cheat at his own game when it came to the end. The final fight was fair, think about it: if you were the final boss, how would it be for you to die in the middle of the game?
xxJing 
37193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 10/25/14
Heathcliff, Heathcliff, no one shooould, terrify their virtual world!
But Heathcliff just won't be undone, frying brains of everyone!
There's a race to the top! The player deaths just do not stop!

8121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / qtπ
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

PhantomGundam wrote:

Of course it's wrong to like him as a character... because he was barely a character to begin with.


Nailed it.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

kdroberts wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:

Of course it's wrong to like him as a character... because he was barely a character to begin with.


Nailed it.


As said before, LN
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/14
accepted being defeated by kirito? kirito fucking broke the game rules after he was killed by heathcliff
2841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Houston, Tx
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

eragon2890 wrote:

yeah he was disgusting, but I have to admit I liked that Asuna got some fanservice. :D


I think I hate you a lil' bit now..
19266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Disboard world of...
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

Biggle wrote:


eragon2890 wrote:

yeah he was disgusting, but I have to admit I liked that Asuna got some fanservice. :D


I think I hate you a lil' bit now..


irk it like
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

Siawo wrote:

accepted being defeated by kirito? kirito fucking broke the game rules after he was killed by heathcliff


And Heathcliff didn't have godmode on
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.