MIKU EXPO 2014
2483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/25/14
What did you guys do at the Miku Expo? I went to the event in NY on the 18th, and I had a great time.
My highlights were:
-Meeting the creator of Hatsune Miku
-Meeting the staff
-The concert
-The life size statue of Miku ^_^

You can find my full review of the event here:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Clamiku/Pages/MIKUEXPOREVIEW
7493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / In a world that d...
Online
Posted 10/25/14
I'm surprised this thread didn't get created sooner.

Went to the concert myself and Miku's Halloween party on Sunday. Got my tickets too late to do it on Saturday, unfortunately. Got to meet quite a bit of involved staff at the exhibit and cosplay show. Scored some merch (couldn't get Snow Miku or the Nendoroid though because I went to the exhibit first.) Made origami Miku, tried out Project Diva f 2nd and a mobile game they're going to release over here in early 2015.

It was a good time. I hope this happens next year.
2483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/26/14

KisaiGate wrote:

I'm surprised this thread didn't get created sooner.

Went to the concert myself and Miku's Halloween party on Sunday. Got my tickets too late to do it on Saturday, unfortunately. Got to meet quite a bit of involved staff at the exhibit and cosplay show. Scored some merch (couldn't get Snow Miku or the Nendoroid though because I went to the exhibit first.) Made origami Miku, tried out Project Diva f 2nd and a mobile game they're going to release over here in early 2015.

It was a good time. I hope this happens next year.


Agreed. I hope she goes on a world tour soon ^_^.
13389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Richmond, VA
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
I was at the NYC show on the 17th and had a great time! I was around the #UltraMiku guys from Japan so they helped out a lot with the chants and glow stick waving. At the actual art expo at Wallplay, they only had about 120 of the Halloween Nendoroids for the whole weekend but I woke up early and waited for one on Saturday morning. It was an amazing experience overall and since they already said they'll come back to LA next year, I think I'll head out that way for it.

2483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/28/14 , edited 11/1/14

PaulieGT82 wrote:

I was at the NYC show on the 17th and had a great time! I was around the #UltraMiku guys from Japan so they helped out a lot with the chants and glow stick waving. At the actual art expo at Wallplay, they only had about 120 of the Halloween Nendoroids for the whole weekend but I woke up early and waited for one on Saturday morning. It was an amazing experience overall and since they already said they'll come back to LA next year, I think I'll head out that way for it.



I find it frustrating that they keep traveling to Los Angeles. They should know that there are tons of Miku fans in America that don't live in LA, and would kill for this experience. I'm grateful that I got to see Miku live, but I recommend that they don't go to LA for a third time.
30540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/2/14

Clamiku wrote:


PaulieGT82 wrote:

I was at the NYC show on the 17th and had a great time! I was around the #UltraMiku guys from Japan so they helped out a lot with the chants and glow stick waving. At the actual art expo at Wallplay, they only had about 120 of the Halloween Nendoroids for the whole weekend but I woke up early and waited for one on Saturday morning. It was an amazing experience overall and since they already said they'll come back to LA next year, I think I'll head out that way for it.



I find it frustrating that they keep traveling to Los Angeles. They should know that there are tons of Miku fans in America that don't live in LA, and would kill for this experience. I'm grateful that I got to see Miku live, but I recommend that they don't go to LA for a third time.


I think it is because those are the places with the biggest venues and people might be more likely to travel to LA and NY. Plus, California has some of the bigger conventions. I wish they would also attempt Houston or San Antonio and Chicago, but it might not be as profitable as people think.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 8/3/15
Event long over. Locked~
You must be logged in to post.