First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
SAO plot holes
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14
I see a lot about the plot holes in SAO, but I rarely see them actually laid out. Don't mistake my intention and think that I'm trying to say SAO has no plot holes, because I'm sure it does. I just want to see specific examples. It may be that I don't notice them as much because they're covered by the LN.
104029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
You can dual-wield with a shield.

It is called bash.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14

AnimeKami wrote:

You can dual-wield with a shield.

It is called bash.


That's not a plot hole, that's splitting hairs. Also, check the dictionary
Dual- consisting of two parts or elements or having two like parts
A shield is not anything like a sword.
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Online
Posted 10/27/14
The entire ending of the first half of the first season.

Entering god mode out of random is just bad writing.
104029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

You can dual-wield with a shield.

It is called bash.


That's not a plot hole, that's splitting hairs. Also, check the dictionary
Dual- consisting of two parts or elements or having two like parts
A shield is not anything like a sword.


You can use two shields...

4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

Schmeh172 wrote:

The entire ending of the first half of the first season.

Entering god mode out of random is just bad writing.


Bad writing=/= plot hole
I'll admit that it is overused, but that doesn't make it a plot hole.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

AnimeKami wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

You can dual-wield with a shield.

It is called bash.


That's not a plot hole, that's splitting hairs. Also, check the dictionary
Dual- consisting of two parts or elements or having two like parts
A shield is not anything like a sword.


You can use two shields...



You could, but nobody in SAO is doing that, so I still don't see your point about that being a hole.
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Online
Posted 10/27/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


Schmeh172 wrote:

The entire ending of the first half of the first season.

Entering god mode out of random is just bad writing.


Bad writing=/= plot hole
I'll admit that it is overused, but that doesn't make it a plot hole.


The plot hole is that there is no explanation.

He just miraculously survives without as much as an 'Oh shit, how did that happen?'
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14
The anime has plot holes all over the place because they cut stuff out. The novels explain almost everything, but they have plot holes for a different reason- They weren't written in chronological order and over the span of 10 years so there are inconsistencies. For example, in the first novel at the first floor boss meeting Kirito says that first time he had met Asuna or something to that nature. However, later on the author wrote the side story Aria of the Starless Night in which Kirito saves her from basically reckless suicide many days before that.

This is partly why Kawahara is rewriting Aincrad floor by floor in SAO Progressive.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
Isn't SAO a light novel?!
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

Schmeh172 wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Schmeh172 wrote:

The entire ending of the first half of the first season.

Entering god mode out of random is just bad writing.


Bad writing=/= plot hole
I'll admit that it is overused, but that doesn't make it a plot hole.


The plot hole is that there is no explanation.

He just miraculously survives without as much as an 'Oh shit, how did that happen?'


Heathcliff says something about him resisting the system, so... I won't deny that it's bad writing, but that's still not really a hole.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

qualeshia3 wrote:

Isn't SAO a light novel?!


Yes? Not sure how this relates to the topic though.
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:

The anime has plot holes all over the place because they cut stuff out. The novels explain almost everything, but they have plot holes for a different reason- They weren't written in chronological order and over the span of 10 years so there are inconsistencies. For example, in the first novel at the first floor boss meeting Kirito says that first time he had met Asuna or something to that nature. However, later on the author wrote the side story Aria of the Starless Night in which Kirito saves her from basically reckless suicide many days before that.

This is partly why Kawahara is rewriting Aincrad floor by floor in SAO Progressive.


Ten years? Pretty sure Aincrad was only 2 years, Fairy Dance was a week, GGO was like a day or two, and then there's the side arcs and the current arc that I have yet to read
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Isn't SAO a light novel?!


Yes? Not sure how this relates to the topic though.


Okay then.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:


ThisWasATriumph wrote:

The anime has plot holes all over the place because they cut stuff out. The novels explain almost everything, but they have plot holes for a different reason- They weren't written in chronological order and over the span of 10 years so there are inconsistencies. For example, in the first novel at the first floor boss meeting Kirito says that first time he had met Asuna or something to that nature. However, later on the author wrote the side story Aria of the Starless Night in which Kirito saves her from basically reckless suicide many days before that.

This is partly why Kawahara is rewriting Aincrad floor by floor in SAO Progressive.


Ten years? Pretty sure Aincrad was only 2 years, Fairy Dance was a week, GGO was like a day or two, and then there's the side arcs and the current arc that I have yet to read


I think he meant the actual writing of the LN, not the story
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.