First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
SAO plot holes
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Online
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/28/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:

Heathcliff says something about him resisting the system, so... I won't deny that it's bad writing, but that's still not really a hole.


I must've missed that part, because I don't remember that being very clear.
23568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 727 The Zoo
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/28/14

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:

Ten years? Pretty sure Aincrad was only 2 years, Fairy Dance was a week, GGO was like a day or two, and then there's the side arcs and the current arc that I have yet to read


Yeah, Aincrad was only 2 years.

I'd like to know what you were smoking when you said that one.
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/28/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:

Heathcliff says something about him resisting the system, so... I won't deny that it's bad writing, but that's still not really a hole.


Personally, I don't think that was bad writing at all. In fact, it was very consistent with the game world. Unexplainable things happened many times before in their 2 years trapped in SAO.

Remember when Griselda's ghost literally appeared to them even though she'd been dead for months? Remember when they found a rogue sentient AI randomly wandering through the woods? The Cardinal System was a living, breathing, self-sustaining, possibly sentient program and comparing it to what SHOULD happen in a normal game is doing it a disservice.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/28/14

Schmeh172 wrote:

I must've missed that part, because I don't remember that being very clear.


It wasn't clear, but he did say something about it.
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/28/14

Captainkirko wrote:

Yeah, Aincrad was only 2 years.

I'd like to know what you were smoking when you said that one.


Woah woah woah guys, I was referring to time in the real world. The first novel was written in 2002. Side stories for Aincrad were still being written until 2011 and SAO Progressive is still a work in progress.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/28/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:

Woah woah woah guys, I was referring to time in the real world. The first novel was written in 2002. Side stories for Aincrad were still being written until 2011 and SAO Progressive is still a work in progress.


Not sure why the second person said something after I'd already explained that haha
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Online
Posted 10/27/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


It wasn't clear, but he did say something about it.


Fair enough. I stand corrected.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:

The anime has plot holes all over the place because they cut stuff out. The novels explain almost everything, but they have plot holes for a different reason- They weren't written in chronological order and over the span of 10 years so there are inconsistencies. For example, in the first novel at the first floor boss meeting Kirito says that first time he had met Asuna or something to that nature. However, later on the author wrote the side story Aria of the Starless Night in which Kirito saves her from basically reckless suicide many days before that.

This is partly why Kawahara is rewriting Aincrad floor by floor in SAO Progressive.


Time for a reboot not by A1
29022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Realm of Darkness
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:

Remember when Griselda's ghost literally appeared to them even though she'd been dead for months? Remember when they found a rogue sentient AI randomly wandering through the woods? The Cardinal System was a living, breathing, self-sustaining, possibly sentient program and comparing it to what SHOULD happen in a normal game is doing it a disservice.


We'll get more info about Cardinal in the later novels and in a side story there's a kind of explanation about the ghost thingie.
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14

Xylrot wrote:


ThisWasATriumph wrote:

Remember when Griselda's ghost literally appeared to them even though she'd been dead for months? Remember when they found a rogue sentient AI randomly wandering through the woods? The Cardinal System was a living, breathing, self-sustaining, possibly sentient program and comparing it to what SHOULD happen in a normal game is doing it a disservice.


We'll get more info about Cardinal in the later novels and in a side story there's a kind of explanation about the ghost thingie.


Something about a Reincarnation System right? I haven't read Alicization yet.
29022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Realm of Darkness
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/28/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:


Something about a Reincarnation System right? I haven't read Alicization yet.


Reincarnation System? I haven't heard of such thing, yet. I'm only at the very beginning of Volume 15 though... or maybe I just don't remember.
There's Incarantion stuff in Alicization, but that has nothing to do with the ghosts in Aincrad.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
For all the plot holes, nobody has really mentioned any
ThtGy 
17961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kingdom of Dango...
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:


Ten years? Pretty sure Aincrad was only 2 years, Fairy Dance was a week, GGO was like a day or two, and then there's the side arcs and the current arc that I have yet to read


So does that mean the next arc will be like 4 hours?
126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ontario
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
I really like cereal.
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/30/14

Terminology wrote:

I really like cereal.



Me too.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.