First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Rixty was canceled. Anything else going to be removed?
56919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Online
Posted 10/30/14

meziarogue wrote:
There is, actually; if you click the button for cancel membership, you'll then go to a page with the option to cancel recurring payments. You can purchase a one/three/etc. month sub then turn off recurring payments this way.


Thanks, I did not know it worked like that. If I were to click "Cancel Membership" it won't cancel my membership immediately, I'll still have what's left until the next billing date, correct?

Is there a tutorial/help page for this somewhere? If not, I think it would be a good idea to have one linked on the membership status page for people who want to disable auto renew.

Product Design
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 10/30/14

sonic720 wrote:

Thanks, I did not know it worked like that. If I were to click "Cancel Membership" it won't cancel my membership immediately, I'll still have what's left until the next billing date, correct?

Is there a tutorial/help page for this somewhere? If not, I think it would be a good idea to have one linked on the membership status page for people who want to disable auto renew.



Correct, your membership benefits won't expire until the end of the billing cycle. This is a relatively new change (it used to cancel immediately) and we're working on adjusting the user experience to reflect these changes.

The only exception would be free trials, where cancel does remove the membership immediately.
56919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Online
Posted 10/30/14

meziarogue wrote:
Correct, your membership benefits won't expire until the end of the billing cycle. This is a relatively new change (it used to cancel immediately) and we're working on adjusting the user experience to reflect these changes.

The only exception would be free trials, where cancel does remove the membership immediately.


Thanks again for the help. I very much appreciate it.

I'm also wondering... last year I bought a discounted 12 month All-Access membership during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday special, if there is a similar special this year, would me being able to buy it and add it to the end of my current plan be affected at all by disabling membership renewal of my current plan? Specifically, would it allow me to buy it and just tack it on to the end of my current plan if recurring has been disabled or would I need to wait until my current plan expired to buy anything else?

With Rixty gone, and CR Bucks and snail mail to leave sometime in the foreseeable future, perhaps having a clickable checkbox to disable auto recurring payments during membership sign up with Credit/Debit card and PayPal methods would be something that could be looked into being implemented? That way the user can opt out of recurring payments from the get go and not have to go into their settings to manually opt out; if not be unaware they even have that option without contacting support first.

It would also be nice if an e-check option was made available once the snail mail way is eliminated. It would give people who want to use checks the ability to still do so except electronically instead of by mail. I also hope there will be a new option similar to Rixty and CR Bucks where you can use google wallet and gift cards/credits.
Guardian of A/M/P
65280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 10/30/14
@ Sonic

Man. You are more serious about this than I am. "LAWL"
Product Design
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 10/30/14

sonic720 wrote:
Thanks again for the help. I very much appreciate it.

I'm also wondering... last year I bought a discounted 12 month All-Access membership during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday special, if there is a similar special this year, would me being able to buy it and add it to the end of my current plan be affected at all by disabling membership renewal of my current plan? Specifically, would it allow me to buy it and just tack it on to the end of my current plan if recurring has been disabled or would I need to wait until my current plan expired to buy anything else?

With Rixty gone, and CR Bucks and snail mail to leave sometime in the foreseeable future, perhaps having a clickable checkbox to disable auto recurring payments during membership sign up with Credit/Debit card and PayPal methods would be something that could be looked into being implemented? That way the user can opt out of recurring payments from the get go and not have to go into their settings to manually opt out; if not be unaware they even have that option without contacting support first.

It would also be nice if an e-check option was made available once the snail mail way is eliminated. It would give people who want to use checks the ability to still do so except electronically instead of by mail. I also hope there will be a new option similar to Rixty and CR Bucks where you can use google wallet and gift cards/credits.


The year would be appended onto the end of your current membership, and it shouldn't be affected by canceling recurring payments.

The feedback is appreciated; we know many of our users prefer to pay upfront, and we're looking into how to better accommodate that (beyond the change to recurring payment cancellation). PayPal offers an eCheck service as well, to my knowledge. There's many options out there, and multiple teams at CR are working on payments and payment services. Removing payment services isn't taken lightly, and there definitely needs to be advanced notice when other payment choices are discontinued.
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/24/14 , edited 11/24/14

meziarogue wrote:

The feedback is appreciated; we know many of our users prefer to pay upfront, and we're looking into how to better accommodate that (beyond the change to recurring payment cancellation). PayPal offers an eCheck service as well, to my knowledge. There's many options out there, and multiple teams at CR are working on payments and payment services. Removing payment services isn't taken lightly, and there definitely needs to be advanced notice when other payment choices are discontinued.


I don't recall any sort of advance notice at all regarding the removal of payment choices such as Rixy, Snail Mail, etc.

I don't browse this section of the forums much so I'm a bit late on this but why were these discontinued in the first place? Also, was there any advance notice posted somewhere? (besides this thread) I really don't remember.

Right now, I only see two methods of paying membership - credit card and Paypal. I don't use either of them often to pay CR membership and would like to find an alternate method to pay directly (without the recurring billing)
58686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 11/24/14

stark700 wrote:

Right now, I only see two methods of paying membership - credit card and Paypal. I don't use either of them often to pay CR membership and would like to find an alternate method to pay directly (without the recurring billing)


You can still purchase a Gift Membership, but the store only appears to accept credit/debit cards and PayPal for billing.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

stark700 wrote:

Right now, I only see two methods of paying membership - credit card and Paypal. I don't use either of them often to pay CR membership and would like to find an alternate method to pay directly (without the recurring billing)





eyeofpain wrote:

You can still purchase a Gift Membership, but the store only appears to accept credit/debit cards and PayPal for billing.


As eyeofpain said, you can purchase a gift and gift yourself the membership. Gifts are non-recurring and won't renew once they expire. You can also use a prepaid card or visa gift card. There are users who use Subway cards or vanilla prepaid visa cards.
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/24/14
Thanks but why wasn't there an advance notice of this? I only found out about this almost 3 weeks after by checking the forums here manually.
Guardian of A/M/P
65280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

Ezgi wrote:

As eyeofpain said, you can purchase a gift and gift yourself the membership. Gifts are non-recurring and won't renew once they expire. You can also use a prepaid card or visa gift card. There are users who use Subway cards or vanilla prepaid visa cards.


Just want to note, Subway gift cards was part of the CR Bucks system. That's no longer the case now.

I'm going to re-explore the Pre-Paid cards and Visa Gift cards into your guys' ordering system. My prior guide was about using it with CR Bucks, so I'm not too sure about it taking in the current ordering system. Just want to verify it with the people here.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

stark700 wrote:

Thanks but why wasn't there an advance notice of this? I only found out about this almost 3 weeks after by checking the forums here manually.


We found out about it a few days before it happened as well. With Rixy, we did send out a notice. Sometimes things just happen last minute and it's completely out of our hands. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
Guardian of A/M/P
65280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

Ezgi wrote:


stark700 wrote:

Thanks but why wasn't there an advance notice of this? I only found out about this almost 3 weeks after by checking the forums here manually.


We found out about it a few days before it happened as well. With Rixy, we did send out a notice. Sometimes things just happen last minute and it's completely out of our hands. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.


Not spliting hairs or anything, just want to ask why not make an official announcement on the "HELP" board even when it's pass due. I don't really know why both cases of Rixty and CR Bucks had to be made known to the crunchy public through other users like this thread or even some of my threads.

Yes. It does happen, but it's still nice to hear from the actual staff and them making the statement with a thread that they make, even if not immediately. Now it just looks like damage control than anything.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

zendude wrote:

Not spliting hairs or anything, just want to ask why not make an official announcement on the "HELP" board even when it's pass due. I don't really know why both cases of Rixty and CR Bucks had to be made known to the crunchy public through other users like this thread or even some of my threads.

Yes. It does happen, but it's still nice to hear from the actual staff and them making the statement with a thread that they make, even if not immediately. Now it just looks like damage control than anything.


We are planning to revamp the help forum and I believe this will also include an "update" feature, where we will post upcoming announcements and fixes to bugs. Right now, our director is currently interviewing companies and looking into a new tool. Hopefully that'll be available in the very near future.
Guardian of A/M/P
65280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/24/14

Ezgi wrote:

We are planning to revamp the help forum and I believe this will also include an "update" feature, where we will post upcoming announcements and fixes to bugs. Right now, our director is currently interviewing companies and looking into a new tool. Hopefully that'll be available in the very near future.


Nice to hear that. Finally, we got to see something rolling. Been waiting years for this. Thanks!
Product Design
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 11/25/14

stark700 wrote:
I don't recall any sort of advance notice at all regarding the removal of payment choices such as Rixy, Snail Mail, etc.

I don't browse this section of the forums much so I'm a bit late on this but why were these discontinued in the first place? Also, was there any advance notice posted somewhere? (besides this thread) I really don't remember.

Right now, I only see two methods of paying membership - credit card and Paypal. I don't use either of them often to pay CR membership and would like to find an alternate method to pay directly (without the recurring billing)


zendude wrote:

Not spliting hairs or anything, just want to ask why not make an official announcement on the "HELP" board even when it's pass due. I don't really know why both cases of Rixty and CR Bucks had to be made known to the crunchy public through other users like this thread or even some of my threads.

Yes. It does happen, but it's still nice to hear from the actual staff and them making the statement with a thread that they make, even if not immediately. Now it just looks like damage control than anything.


I suspect these services have been discontinued because participation in them was a very, very small percentage of hundreds of thousands of subscribers. I'm assuming the upkeep and maintenance of these payment systems for such a small number of people wasn't justifiable, given years of data.

That said, I agree that there should have been advance notice either in the forums or by email to users that these services were ending. I'm going to poke around and see where the information train got derailed.

Sorry I don't have a better answer! :(

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.