First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Bad Managers
16438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
Anyone ever had a bad manager at their job? The ones who are in charge of you personally?

The managers where you wonder how they even got there, and that in fact you know how to perform their job than they ever could.
Posted 10/27/14
all my managers have been nice so far.

but the current one that i have is so lazy. he doesn't do anything and doesn't volunteer to help. i feel so awkward/embarrassed to ask him to help because i'm only new there... and i don't want to control people already... lol.... i don't want to step on anyone's toes, especially if they're nice people.

but the nurses there always look out for me, she told him to help me etc... i feel better when she's the one who tells him what to do, because she's older than him...


it's probably a cultural thing too. i feel really awkward when i have to tell people older than me what to do.
5690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
I could say a few things about my current boss...



Luckily, I have less than a year to suffer~!
9380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14
Well my boss is actually pretty cool. He knows I know my job and pretty much just lets me do it my way. Heck half the time he's always off doing other stuff anyway. And he's an old redneck with some pretty funny stories. I remember listening to a conversation he had with our shipping guy where they were comparing acid trips. So yeah I lucked out there.
18050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
It would be awesome having a Michael Scott as a manager in my work place.
26543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/14


Oh boy, could I go on forever.
But all I'm going to say is that she was a spiteful wench who played favourites.
14924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
I work for the government so yeah, pretty much everyone in management is bad.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14
Most of the managers in my business got there for one of two reasons; they were good equipment operators with a deep understanding of the business or they were such crappy operators and someone liked them. Most got the management job for the latter reason.

The current guy who is the "coordinator" is another example of buddy politics. He is the weakest link in the chain and he overreacts constantly. When he feels the need to be an ass he likes to try and guilt-trip people then you have to listen to him editorialize about how thinks everyone else is "lame" too.

To paraphrase Mr. Rogers, " Can you say schmuck? I knew you could."


22023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
Manager, no. Supervisor, yes. I only had one manager because the work place was just a small boba place. But one of the supervisors was pretty chill when I started working there. Later on after I get comfortable with the work environment, he started to be a little sassy. Apparently he had a reputation of that from his co-workers, and eventually got fired.

But since we were short on staff and it was summer, our manager let him stay on payroll as an On-call. Which he appeared sometimes, and when I worked with him, my gosh, he was sooooooo bitchy. Like he had a horrible attitude. Even though he wasn't an actually employee anymore, no supervisor status, he still was bossy as crap. Summer eventually ended, and I quit the job, but left my tips in my own jar just because I was going to go back to get it when I got my paycheck as well. I and had a large amount of tips saved up from my last week of work, and guess what, he steals it. At that point, I was just like, "Wow, this work place is just pathetic."

I did at least get my last paycheck.
8795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AnimeLand, CA
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
Well lets see I love both my Supervisors, they both take good care of me and take the time to actually train me when I get transferred to a different location. I usually take them out for dinner since they do a lot for me. On the other hand I hate my Manager, he is a total lazy ass, fat "POS". I believe he has a grudge on me, he gets mad at almost every that I do whether its good or bad. Yeah Yeah Yeah I know your my manager and the one giving my paycheck, at least get your ass off that stupid chair and come down to the site to actually try to do a better job than me. From what I been told you were promoted to manager after one month of field work which is BS. Luckily I have my female supervisor to cheer me up so I don't commit to any sort of action in which I'll regret later on.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
yeah
I ahhh took a day off and let the manager do the managing
got me a promotion.
Sogno- 
45722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
eh not really. maybe the one time i worked retail, but idk was a long time ago.


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

yeah
I ahhh took a day off and let the manager do the managing
got me a promotion.


nice
18050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

yeah
I ahhh took a day off and let the manager do the managing
got me a promotion.


You're not Ted.




58656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Buried under a pi...
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
When I worked in retail, oh heavens, YES! I had managers I did everything possible to avoid. Sometimes I was lucky, sometimes I wasn't. Sometimes a day could be completely ruined if certain managers were working that day. (WHY is it the WORST people seem to end up in high end management?! )
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/28/14 , edited 10/28/14

Sogno- wrote:

eh not really. maybe the one time i worked retail, but idk was a long time ago.


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

yeah
I ahhh took a day off and let the manager do the managing
got me a promotion.


nice


Yeah, I still did the manager's job for the same pay but at least I didn't have to babysit a useless grump.
Then I quit.


onibrotonel wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

yeah
I ahhh took a day off and let the manager do the managing
got me a promotion.


You're not Ted.






I don't watch that show.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.