First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply is DBZ the best fighting anime ever?
17749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 10/29/14 , edited 10/29/14
statistically speaking, yes

edit:

then again, statistically speaking, adolf hitler was man of the year in 1938 time's magazine, a decision they still stand by...
Posted 10/29/14

aidenraine wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
I hate fighting anime where it takes 10 motherfreaking episodes for it to finish a fight. Not my cup of tea.

only 10? in DBZ it takes 10 just to "power up"...


(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 10/29/14
Does anybody else here actually watch Dragonball? Or do you guys just like talking about filler?
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/29/14
nope, Naruto and YYH have better fight scenes and as a whole are better but thats maybe me
24251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/29/14 , edited 10/29/14

Felstalker wrote:




It's a legitimate complaint, that's why everyone goes to it. They have other ways to fill time these days, like say Luffy running endlessly down a hallway, or Naruto's flashbacks but those anime are worse off for it. Points get deducted for that. Like Gundam Wing's re-using of animations (how many times did Heavy Arms do that shooting pose in the series?). I would even call the original Dragon Ball a better fighting anime than Z. Same thing happened with One Piece and Naruto, once the shows got to a certain point quality drops off. Don't know why but I suspect it's to save money.

So as a fan right off the bat when people try to praise Z I tell them to watch Dragon Ball. The movies are great, shows what Toei can do when they actually give a shit, but for me it just makes watching the TV anime even more underwhelming. By that virtue alone I consider anime that bring it every episode better than shows that don't. That's just me though.
2277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/29/14
No its not, but we'll have to see if the new version of DBZ will make up for its mistakes .(too much filler) Really its mostly nostalgia for people
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 10/29/14
No, the best fighting anime is Queen's Blade, although Ikkitousen is a close second.
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 10/29/14

Felstalker wrote:

Does anybody else here actually watch Dragonball? Or do you guys just like talking about filler?


I've watched the entire uncut series 5 times. I'm not proud of it. Yes I am. *brofist* I guess i'm one of the few people who really enjoyed the filler parts. I mean come on, Piccolo and Goku go to driving school? Absolute gold.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 10/29/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:


Felstalker wrote:

Does anybody else here actually watch Dragonball? Or do you guys just like talking about filler?


I've watched the entire uncut series 5 times. I'm not proud of it. Yes I am. *brofist* I guess i'm one of the few people who really enjoyed the filler parts. I mean come on, Piccolo and Goku go to driving school? Absolute gold.


Right? mercenary Tao killing a sniper by deflecting his own bullet back into his face USING HIS SLIPPER AS A WEAPON!

Gohan and Robot-San.

The existence of Pikkon!
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 10/29/14

MysticGon wrote:

It's a legitimate complaint, that's why everyone goes to it. They have other ways to fill time these days.

So as a fan right off the bat when people try to praise Z I tell them to watch Dragon Ball. The movies are great, shows what Toei can do when they actually give a shit, but for me it just makes watching the TV anime even more underwhelming. By that virtue alone I consider anime that bring it every episode better than shows that don't. That's just me though.


A legitimate complaint it shares with the massive Genre of which it pioneered.

Hence I ask you to provide examples of better fighters rather than spend put time talking solely of the faults of a show, as ai can find many faults with any show. No movie is without Sin, what makes anime any different?

42315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/29/14

xxJing wrote:

No, the best fighting anime is Queen's Blade, although Ikkitousen is a close second.


What about Freezing?
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 10/29/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


xxJing wrote:

No, the best fighting anime is Queen's Blade, although Ikkitousen is a close second.


What about Freezing?


Not firm enough.
42315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/29/14

xxJing wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


xxJing wrote:

No, the best fighting anime is Queen's Blade, although Ikkitousen is a close second.


What about Freezing?


Not firm enough.


Ah, I see.
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 10/29/14

Felstalker wrote:


ThisWasATriumph wrote:


Felstalker wrote:

Does anybody else here actually watch Dragonball? Or do you guys just like talking about filler?


I've watched the entire uncut series 5 times. I'm not proud of it. Yes I am. *brofist* I guess i'm one of the few people who really enjoyed the filler parts. I mean come on, Piccolo and Goku go to driving school? Absolute gold.


Right? mercenary Tao killing a sniper by deflecting his own bullet back into his face USING HIS SLIPPER AS A WEAPON!

Gohan and Robot-San.

The existence of Pikkon!


I have no idea whats technically canon or not in Dragonball since I've never read the manga, but I really missed all the parts they left out of Kai. Like those filler episodes before the Cell Games? Those were some of my favorites.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 10/29/14

ThisWasATriumph wrote:

I have no idea whats technically canon or not in Dragonball since I've never read the manga, but I really missed all the parts they left out of Kai. Like those filler episodes before the Cell Games? Those were some of my favorites.


Its actually far less than you think. Dragonball manga came out like shotgun despite the Anime catching up as early as Demon King Piccolo
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.