First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime You Regret Watching
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/30/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


Mr_Devies wrote:

I didn't ask?


The way you stated that the little girls liked him made it seem like you saw it as sexual.



I saw it as annoying and trope-ish, meant to appeal to loli sensibilities, and a substitute for real character development.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/14

Mr_Devies wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Mr_Devies wrote:

I didn't ask?


The way you stated that the little girls liked him made it seem like you saw it as sexual.



I saw it as annoying and trope-ish, meant to appeal to loli sensibilities, and a substitute for real character development.


It's pretty natural really, sorry you see it that way.
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/30/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


Mr_Devies wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Mr_Devies wrote:

I didn't ask?


The way you stated that the little girls liked him made it seem like you saw it as sexual.



I saw it as annoying and trope-ish, meant to appeal to loli sensibilities, and a substitute for real character development.


It's pretty natural really, sorry you see it that way.


It's natural to substitute character development with tropes? That isn't the kind of anime I enjoy. When more little girls want to marry the main character than there are episodes, I'm going to have a problem. Also, maybe if that wasn't the only established dynamic. But every relationship, platonic or otherwise, that the main character had with a female character, revolved primarily around love (platonic or otherwise) and unimpressive tropes stemming therefrom.
4571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/14

Mr_Devies wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Mr_Devies wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Mr_Devies wrote:

I didn't ask?


The way you stated that the little girls liked him made it seem like you saw it as sexual.



I saw it as annoying and trope-ish, meant to appeal to loli sensibilities, and a substitute for real character development.


It's pretty natural really, sorry you see it that way.


It's natural to substitute character development with tropes? That isn't the kind of anime I enjoy. When more little girls want to marry the main character than there are episodes, I'm going to have a problem. Also, maybe if that wasn't the only established dynamic. But every relationship, platonic or otherwise, that the main character had with a female character, revolved primarily around love (platonic or otherwise) and unimpressive tropes stemming therefrom.


That's not what I meant, sorry you took it that way. I meant it was natural for those girls to love him that way, they were abandoned and he helped them extensively. I acknowledge your other problems with the anime.
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/30/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


Mr_Devies wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Mr_Devies wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Mr_Devies wrote:

I didn't ask?


The way you stated that the little girls liked him made it seem like you saw it as sexual.



I saw it as annoying and trope-ish, meant to appeal to loli sensibilities, and a substitute for real character development.


It's pretty natural really, sorry you see it that way.


It's natural to substitute character development with tropes? That isn't the kind of anime I enjoy. When more little girls want to marry the main character than there are episodes, I'm going to have a problem. Also, maybe if that wasn't the only established dynamic. But every relationship, platonic or otherwise, that the main character had with a female character, revolved primarily around love (platonic or otherwise) and unimpressive tropes stemming therefrom.


That's not what I meant, sorry you took it that way. I meant it was natural for those girls to love him that way, they were abandoned and he helped them extensively. I acknowledge your other problems with the anime.


No worries. I'm glad we understand one another's perspectives better.
Le_Dom 
16890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 10/30/14
On Myanimelist, there are only 3 shows I rated 3/10 (I don't have any 2s and 1s because those would be literally unwatchable and physically painful to watch)

Mekaku City Actors (just plain dull and downright messy. Had high hopes because it was Shaft too)
Black Bullet (so many of my pet peeves in a single show)
Blood + (mother of...just why did I watch that?)

Though I can say Black Bullet taught me a valuable lesson: if you don't find anything appealing in the first few episodes, just stop.
15306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Calgary, Alberta,...
Offline
Posted 10/30/14
Elfen Lied, I hated that show so much
Posted 11/1/14
Persona 4: The Golden Animation and what has been released of Attack on Titan. Both bore the crap outta me. Plus, the Golden Anime was a farce of crap. It made me detest Marie. Seriously, both of these are so popular, and I cannot see why. AT. ALL. *flame shield up permanently* I am not a sheep, so please do not attack me for my opinion. Thank you.
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/1/14 , edited 11/1/14
Utawarerumono. I will never forgive you Utawarerumono.

Edit: Oh and Glasslip.
48041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/1/14
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
23629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
Recently Galilei Donna.... it was mediocre...

I usually drop anime after watching 3 episodes of it if it doesn't interest me. but sometimes, you just get duped... even though you know it wasnt that good.
51197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
Glasslip. It was 13 episodes of absolutely nothing. I want 6 hours of my life back.
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
pilots love song.
rumbling hearts.
4153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
Black Bullet, cheap ass attack on titan, a complete waste of my time
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 11/6/14 , edited 11/6/14

PhantomGundam wrote:

Glasslip. It was 13 episodes of absolutely nothing. I want 6 hours of my life back.


Hey, on that other hand, making fun of that show was 6 hours well spent in my book.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.