First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Valkyria Chronicles Comes To PC
37164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 10/30/14 , edited 10/30/14
What do you all think about this? Do you think it is worth picking up for someone who was interested in the game but never got to play it because they don't own a PS3? Do you think it is worth the $19.99 price tag it will have on release?

The game is available through Steam, I am not going to link it right now because I am not sure if it goes against any forum rules or not but if it does not go against forums rules I will edit this post with the link to it.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/10/27/sega-confirms-valkyria-chronicles-headed-to-pc.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/10/30/valkyria-chronicles-comes-to-pc-on-november-11.aspx?utm_content=buffereeccf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer
21642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/14 , edited 11/2/14
My pc is ready.
32389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Fukang, Xinjiang,...
Offline
Posted 10/30/14 , edited 10/30/14
I concur xD yay ^_^
10031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Swedish Street Life
Offline
Posted 10/30/14 , edited 10/30/14
Well never did play anything on the old ps3 so this seems pretty sweet i´m gonna try it atlest
77477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 10/30/14 , edited 10/30/14
very tempted.
enjoyed the anime.
like turn based strategy and tactical games.

edit:

Too Much Chaika, Watched.

6228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
107 / M / Mariana Trench
Offline
Posted 10/30/14 , edited 10/30/14
It would be nice if it develops a bit of a modding community.
25187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 10/30/14 , edited 10/30/14
I actually have it for PS3 but never got to finish it (played for about 5 hours only) I think I will give it a try on PC, I guess it will look and play better (or I hope so!).

I really enjoyed the game, but just never finished it for some reason, hopefully I will do now xD
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 10/31/14 , edited 10/31/14
One of my favorite game series it is absolutely fantastic but the crappy support it received at launch and the decision to move it over to the PSP killed it. If that game was better advertised it would have been a huge hit at launch instead of being a hidden gem. I will absolutely support this and even gift this to others if I get the chance because I want this series revived.

If this happens to be easy to mod I can see huge potential in that as well.
29752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 11/1/14 , edited 11/1/14
Cool that it's getting some attention, but honestly I'm not all that bothered since I have my PS3 copy still. And for some reason I doubt it's going to get any real upgrades.

Rawrgity wrote:

It would be nice if it develops a bit of a modding community.


I predict a nude mod for Selvaria.
17964 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Cyprus
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/2/14
Bought it even though I have it on my ps3 ^_^
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/3/14
I'll definitely give this game a try...when it's on sale that is.
22267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/4/14 , edited 11/5/14
Valkyria Chronicles is honestly a great game. If you don't have a PS3/never played it but you're into tactical RPGs, or want to try one out, then get Valkyria Chronicles. According to steam the pricetag is $17.99 not $19.99, then again that's in USD and as an Australian I would have to pay a bit more due to conversion. The pricetag in justified in my opinion, even now the PS3 copy is no less than $30, you might be able to find it around $25 if you manage to nab it on sale or simply find a really good deal. Additionally this PC version features all previously released DLC bundled for Valkyria Chronicles at no extra charge.
37164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 11/5/14

kokorowohiraite wrote:

Valkyria Chronicles is honestly a great game. If you don't have a PS3/never played it but you're into tactical RPGs, or want to try one out, then get Valkyria Chronicles. According to steam the pricetag is $17.99 not $19.99, then again that's in USD and as an Australian I would have to pay a bit more due to conversion. The pricetag in justified in my opinion, even now the PS3 copy is no less than $30, you might be able to find it around $25 if you manage to nab it on sale or simply find a really good deal. Additionally this PC version features all previously released DLC bundled for Valkyria Chronicles at no extra charge.


Thanks, I have just preordered it after reading this. Also the reason it is $17.99 is because it has a 10% off sale right now.
22267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 11/5/14

kourgath wrote:


kokorowohiraite wrote:

Valkyria Chronicles is honestly a great game. If you don't have a PS3/never played it but you're into tactical RPGs, or want to try one out, then get Valkyria Chronicles. According to steam the pricetag is $17.99 not $19.99, then again that's in USD and as an Australian I would have to pay a bit more due to conversion. The pricetag in justified in my opinion, even now the PS3 copy is no less than $30, you might be able to find it around $25 if you manage to nab it on sale or simply find a really good deal. Additionally this PC version features all previously released DLC bundled for Valkyria Chronicles at no extra charge.


Thanks, I have just preordered it after reading this. Also the reason it is $17.99 is because it has a 10% off sale right now.


Ah! So you're right, it must be a pre-order special (like they've done with The Witcher 3). I hope you enjoy it, I'd love to hear how yoou find it afterwards. You can add me on Steam here if you'd like.
30941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 11/6/14 , edited 11/6/14
Pre-ordered. Happily waiting.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.